British Wrestling on tv campaign

Adam Sibley

Well the wrestle-zone petition that has been running for the last week, (268 signatures at the moment) is not about the FWA getting a bravo contract, its about British Wrestling and getting Wrestling on TV, and all the talent that is available in the UK. And after what the FWA's Dino Scarlo had to say on the FWA website, well I would not be very professional if I went into my thoughts on that. I have said this over and over again, UK wrestling is not just FWA, they might be one of the best known in the UK, but there is more than them. I mean theres WAW, Hammerlock just to mention 2 very well established wrestling promotions.

I do think if a TV deal is struck and if Tommy Boyd promotions get the deal, then I only hope a new promotion is set up and then a new approach to UK wrestling can begin.

This is not an attack on the FWA in any way, as most of the talant at Revival was FWA talent, and Revival is the "Re-Birth" of British wrestling on TV. And you have to admit the wrestling was totally fantastic.

I think the argument who should be on TV, could really mess up the chance of anyone getting a real TV contract.

Gary Graham

I just think if we all support one promotion and get the foot in the door then it will boost the chances of others thats all and like I say if anyone else has a plan for national TV I want to hear from you.

I think there are other great promotions out there as well that would be gd on tv but the time to act is now and fast.

Yes... bing the answer to that question...

I am still fairly new on the knowledge of the UK wrestling scene, Yet I have managed to see a few shows (Independant) live and via fan can. And the wrestling is as good as the any of the major US promotions. Take Revival as a mark, the wrestling was outstanding, the moves were performed spot on. Fair enough the production side of it was not excellent, but hey it was the first time bravo had covered a wrestling event, You look back at old WWF & WCW tapes and you should see the state of the production. Bravo's coverage was as good as ecw tapings. And it can only get better.

The UK Wrestling scene has not been on TV proper for a long time, and Wrestling fans in the UK, expect to see $100,000 productions that the WWF put on. Which can not be done YET !!!

I say YET, as that in time it is possable, we do have the Talent to match any in the world. Its just that talent needs a break.

Guest Tomc2488
The only British Wrestling I've seen so far was Revival and a FWA tape. Like the above has mentioned I hope not only the FWA get on TV but also TWA, NWA - Hammerlock, WAW etc etc.

I've been calling, for quite a while, to have one major UK Promotion that everyone can either work with or against...get everyone in the same room and see what happens...you then have every UK Promotion working as a feeder Promotion and it gives the fans something to watch as you could have one or two guys from the main Promotion working wherever.

Territories is the way to go, as it just costs far too much to get guys from London to Glasgow...I don't even think i'd try and ask them to Inverness/Aberdeen...and this means having it like America when a guy like Lance Storm could appear on an Indy show is the perfect answer.

Also, everyone working together is the only way that we can get rid of the tributes and persuade the backyarders to actually put some decent training time in.

I'm pretty sure my previous posts on the subject have been longer and more descriptive (the UKFF guys will be able to tell you) but this is definitely something that can happen...though, maybe there will have to be a bit of lip biting going on. It's all about sacrifices really.

Guest Tomc2488
I agree with Tsu Mirren and I think if the UK promotions do work together then it will first help to get each promotion more recognition. And the use of terretories will allow fans all over the UK to see wrestling.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Rob McKay!
Your all itching for UK wrestling to get back on TV but if the FWA had weekly TV for example, you people would be the first to critise every little thing about it. You would forget why you ever wanted it in the first place.

Guest Jack_Halewood

Not meaning to be funny but what was so good about Revival? The featured matches were all bad. Doug vs. Eddie was directionless, full of basic mat-work and they made comebacks too easily. Doug vs. Jody was just sooo contrived and the arm work was bad. A Judo champion - then why not use the jujigatame?!?!?!?

Ah, well, there's no company in the UK that caters to my preferences either. Wrestlers have even told me I won't find any that have lots of psychology, build (in matches, not build-up, idiots) logical selling etc.

• 1 month later...
Guest michelle psy

I did not enjoy Revival.

I'm sure any "WWE Fan" (meaning person who watches WWF for the sports entertainment not for the japanese skilled combo's or the old school english wrestling style and what not) did not enjoy it either. Revival was poor. Sure it had all the makings of one of the greatest "wrestling" shows this side of the pond, but it was poor in the eyes of WWE Fans and its these WWE Fans the UK scene is going to have to impress.

Companies are going to cater for a majority, and unfortunately for some people they cannot grasp the hard truth that the UK's majority are these WWE fans who want the sports entertainment not the la majistrals and quebrada's.

Revival impressed few.

Every person in the Talk Wrestling community may have loved Revival, but unfortunately that is still "few" in the eyes of investors.

probably the reason you didn't like revival was because it was smaller budget than WWE and becuase the big ring, big arenas and masses of pyro werent there you forget about the in ring product. WWE started small running just territories with small budgets. they didnt get where they are today over night and neither will British Wrestling but it will get there in the end. The only way British Wrestling can become more mainstream is if people support and stop be blinkered by the big lights and production values of WWE. Guys like Bill Apter who has been in the business a long time and has seen more shows than most don't call Revival one of the best shows this year for nothing.