Hulk = Ratings!

The Beltster

WWE Smackdown got a 4.0 rating last night, which is the show's best rating in a long time.

Well, Foley is there all the time, Steph isnt a ratings draw and Austin was a washout a few months ago when he was there...which means HULK = RATINGS MOFO!!!! ;)

WWE Smackdown got a 4.0 rating last night, which is the show's best rating in a long time.

Well, Foley is there all the time, Steph isnt a ratings draw and Austin was a washout a few months ago when he was there...which means HULK = RATINGS MOFO!!!! ;)

Maybe as a one off eveny Hogan may create a peak in the ratings, but I think history has proved that Hogan does not help ratings in the long term, in terms of his last two WWE stints.

Whether Hogan is a draw or not has never really been in question short term. Yes he peaks interest briefly and yes he gets way over when he gets on tv.

Long term he has no more of an effect than any other single superstar. I've never much bought into the fact that you measure a World champion's title run on pay per view buy rates during that period. There's so much that goes into making those buy rates that I think it's unrealistic to put it all down to one guy.

Smackdown's rating my well have been helped in a big way by Hogan. It may also have been a combination of Austin, foley etc as well, as well as it being promoted as a big not to miss anniversary show.

I'm not sure what you think this show proved Beltmark. We all know Hogan's the biggest star the US industry has ever known without question but a one off show really proves nothing as to whether he still has a place on WWE programming.

Maybe as a one off eveny Hogan may create a peak in the ratings' date=' but I think history has proved that Hogan does not help ratings in the long term, in terms of his last two WWE stints.[/quote']

Agreed. In a limited role, Hulk would be great. Hopefully WWE see this as a sign that people do like to see him now and then and to at least use him every so often as a special attraction kinda thing. I'd like that.

I'm not sure what you think this show proved Beltmark. We all know Hogan's the biggest star the US industry has ever known without question but a one off show really proves nothing as to whether he still has a place on WWE programming.

I think your taking my post wayyyyyyy too seriously. I put it up, with the added wink, as a sarcastic post just for fun after all the other Hulk rows which have been going on over the past few days.

I dont think the rating proved anything, and I dont think Hogan needs to prove anything to anybody.

Just a bit of fun bro, nothing more. :)

Raven and Jericho = stale boredom to me, we all have different opinions....quote the boredom, nevermore

beltmark, i cant agree with that comment, i mean fair enough jericho hasnt been on top form for a while and physically he has let himself go, compared to a few years ago, but raven is one of the finest razzlers out there!!!! dont condem him just because WWE didnt know how to use him correctly. just take a look at TNA, he is awsome on their shows!!!!!! he can cut a kick ass promo, and his in ring skills are wicked!!!!!! WWE NEVER...and i mean NEVERRRRRRRRR!!!!! gave him ANY push, hardly let him on the mic....he was just another wrestler that was missused by WWE. just like jerry lynn, al snow... need i go on????? i think not.

Edited by silverG

beltmark' date=' i cant agree with that comment, i mean fair enough jericho hasnt been on top form for a while and physically he has let himself go, compared to a few years ago, but raven is one of the finest razzlers out there!!!! dont condem him just because WWE didnt know how to use him correctly. just take a look at TNA, he is awsome on their shows!!!!!! he can cut a kick ass promo, and his in ring skills are wicked!!!!!! WWE NEVER...and i mean NEVERRRRRRRRR!!!!! gave him ANY push, hardly let him on the mic....he was just another wrestler that was missused by WWE. just like jerry lynn, al snow... need i go on????? i think not.[/quote']

Y2J is staler than week old bread, as for Raven, I havent cared form him since his ECW days. THAT was when he was awesome. His WCW days he was way too drugged up, although he had some decent matches here and there. WWF cocked up with him and TNA he just isnt the ECW Raven, the only one that I liked.

fair enough i spose mate. i personally like raven in TNA' date=' but thats my opinion. But i DID like jericho at one point...but these days he is kinda boring in the ring.... his mic skills are still top notch...but that doesnt maketh a good wrestler.[/quote']

I was a huge Jericho mark when he was in WCW, and when he finally hit the WWF I LOVED it. But he should have gone over HHH for the WWF World title in 2000 on that ep of RAW when he won and the decision was reversed. After that, HHH buried him (and thats the truth people! lol) and he just turned heel, face, heel, face over and over and he became super stale.