The things we do for love . . . . .

E2K

Ok, well I realise that this one might not apply to everyone on TWO, but what kinda sacrifices have you made for the one you care/cared about and love/loved? Is there any times you went out on a limb for him/her or put yourself out for that other person just because you luuurve them so much?

Mine isn't that good really, but when I first met my girlfriend, I was working nights and didn't finish until four in the morning. My girlfriend lived in another county and an awkward place to get to by public transport. So most Saturday mornings I'd get to bed about 4.45 and get up about 7 to get the train to meet her. I coulda left it a bit later but we only got to see each other at the weekends and I wanted as much time with her as possible. Sleep deprivation isn't a good way to start your weekend but I was willing to make the sacrifice for her

:wub

Anyway, anyone else got any?

I don't have any specific examples but I would sacrifice everything for love. It's the most important thing in my life (when it is in it) and I'd give up everything for it. It's the most wonderful and beautiful thing that has ever happened to me and I cherish it completely.

Every day I get up EARLY in the morning to work out so that I get more time with my fam in the evenings.

My wife, and she's the first to admit it, is lazy. That's because I bust my butt spoiling her rotten, and I LOVE it. You can say "I love you" but the proof is in your actions over the long haul. I work all day at my job. After work, when I get home I fix, straighten, and/or clean, have a turn at taking care of my son so my wife, who is a stay-at-home-mom, can catch a breather. That's love!!!

But it pays off. She knows how much I really love her because I live it out. Those of you who want to know how to be a good husband and dad, take notes. My home life is peaceful, my kids have a good male role model and my wife is happy, and as we all know, when mama ain't happy, nobody is happy. Mama sees to that.

When me & Ms. Inno got together, we lost all our friends. These 'friends' originally put us together as a joke, as we were supposed to hate each other and fight and create amusement.

Come November it'll be 6 years we're together, and as far as we know, none of our friends are.

Go figure.

Well here goes:

with Gemma having CF the chances of us having kids are hugely reduced. So no kids.

the average lifespan of a person with CF is 30. So no wife after that.

Gemma needs constant medical attention. So I run around helping with meds, hospital trips ect.

Verdict:

I will likely be a widower with no kids when I am 40!

Thats my greatest fear, so I would say I have given up a lot for love. And yet, it seems like nothing next to what I get back! Its all more than worth it.

Well here goes:

with Gemma having CF the chances of us having kids are hugely reduced. So no kids.

the average lifespan of a person with CF is 30. So no wife after that.

Gemma needs constant medical attention. So I run around helping with meds, hospital trips ect.

Verdict:

I will likely be a widower with no kids when I am 40!

Thats my greatest fear, so I would say I have given up a lot for love. And yet, it seems like nothing next to what I get back! Its all more than worth it.

:worship :worship You da MAN DS!!! :worship :worship

I tip my hat and offer my prayers.

One time I paid £25 so that the one I love could have a haircut at one of those fancy salons.

They did one hell of a job too; girls just adored my new do!

But I can confirm that ol' Darkstar is a true giant when it comes to dishing out love to his missus. Even if he talks to her with in coochy-coo baby talky mummy-wummy kinda way...:D

Cheers!

Men sacrifice their pay packet every month for love.

Which is why I tend to be very careful about who I date nowadays, money grabbing selfish cows need not apply.

*Hears the rushing footsteps of the politically correct nazis and goes off for a beer*

Saracen

Moved in with her,cut down how much i smoke because she doesn' like it,got my stoned mates to phone before coming to the door at all hours and put up with her PMT which i like to call hurricane sue because if you get in her way you will end up in a field miles away badly bruised naked and very confused.

I pretty much gave up all my friends and family to be with my husband, I walked away from college and done the one thing i always said i would never do. I settled down.

Sometimes it seems like a thankless task being married doing all the menial things that go unnoticed but if they werent done family life would become impossible, but i do them all the same because it makes my husbands life easier, as we both work 2 jobs and i have college and making time for the kids, but he does help, thankfully.