Madden '05 Vs ESPN

Tommy Gunz

Dunno how many of ya'll get into American Football on playstation, but I was looking for some advice from those who've played the new Madden ('05) and that ESPN game. I've heard good about both, but the ESPN football game is less then half the price of Madden, but I'm a big Madden mark.

Any thoughts?

personally, the feel of ESPN seems more arcady generic than Madden, wich this year, is perfect. The game feels SO tight nit on all aspects, and for the first time in a Madden game, and just like in real life, defense wins games. The games can get Pass-Happy, but a lock-down corner can stop all of that. Example.

I played my cousin using the Eagles, an he was using the Colts. By using the new assignments feature, i made sure Troy Yincent was covering Marvin Harrison at all times. After he tried to force it to Marvin a few times, i got an interception. Then,he had to pass to lesser recievers on the team (Stokley, Wayne), and when they couldn't get open, he passed it to Pollard for some nice gains. Then, i made Hugh Duglas cover Polllard and now HE couldn't get open either. He then had to rely on his running ga,e and short passes, something the colts don't do in real life, and really didn't know how to use them like that.

On offense, i bombed the ball to TO(Terrel Owens) with wreckless abandon and his defense could do nothing to stop me. Final score: 63-7

That is how real football goes. I you spot a mismatch, you can change it and give yourself anadvantage. And it is really easy to play, and become a wiz at. Compared to the super-face-paced ESPN where you haveto spend hours in practice to know how to play THEIR game. In Madden, you play FOOTBALL.

Archived