Ray Traylor “The Big Bossman” Passes Away Tonight

Seabass

Taken From Rajah.Com

In some very sad news, it has been learned that Ray Traylor, who was widely known as the Big Bossman has passed away at his home suddenly tonight. He had not been complaining of feeling badly but his wife found him in a room, not breathing and paramedics were unable to revive him.

Traylor had a big run in both WWF(E) and WCW, as well as overseas in Japan. Best wishes go out to the family of Traylor.

yeah ditto what people have said. I really liked him in his early days in WWF. I thought he played the hell, to Hogan's hero face really well. How can anyone forget the superb main event at Survivor Series 88. Hogan handcuffed, Bossman and Akeem looking devastating, Slick running about, and the Savage Hogan feud slowly starting up in the build up to Mania IV.

His character tailed off towards the end, and when he first joined WCW but by the time the nWo came around I liked most of Ray Traylor's stuff. I remember a match with him and Steiner that I really enjoyed on Nitro where Steiner ended up in the water.

Moving forward I even enjoyed him briefly in the WWF when he was a part of the Corporation angle. I liked his stuff with Austin and remember the hardcore match with Road Dogg on Raw being good too.

Again, towards the end his characted tailed off and I stopped enjoying him as a worker.

It's a shame that yet another person in the wrestling business has died so young and so suddenly. At least this time, unlike so many others, it doesn't seem to be self inflicted.

Edited by Jayden

Oh no, this is terrible news :( Another one of my childhood favourites gone. It goes without saying that this is a tragedy for wrestling and the business has lost a hell of a guy. Many sympathies to his family.

I loved the Bossman when I was a kid. He was never the world's greatest wrestler, but he worked a good match, and his stuff in later years with the Corporation was actually quite entertaining. My fondest memory of him HAS to be his feud with Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, when Heenan made fun of the Bossman's mother and he handcuffed him to the railing for the whole show. Superb. I believe that culminated in a classic IC title match at Wrestlemania 7 against Mr. Perfect. Just excellent.

His partnership with Akeem in the Twin Towers made for some good TV as well, especially against Hogan and Savage. He had a good feud with Ted Dibiase back in the day as well as I recall. I wasn't a big fan of his stuff as Big Bubba in WCW, but like I said, his stuff with the Corporation was good.

I still can't believe it. I'm really gutted about this. Well Ray, here's to ya;

"If you ever take a trip down to Cobb County, Georgia,you better read the signs

Respect the law and order.

You'll serve hard time

You'll be serving hard time

You know the Big Bossman'll make you walk the line

You better watch out boy

Or you'll be serving hard time

He carries a big stick, a ball 'n' chain too,

If you're looking for trouble

He'll be coming after you.

You'll serve hard time

You'll be serving hard time

You know the Big Bossman'll make you walk the line

You better watch out boy

Or you'll be serving hard time"

What's going on? It seems more and more wreslers are dying young these days. Crash, Hawk and now Bossman. It's terrible news when someone you grew up watching suddenely goes. Bossman was one of the great characters in the WWE, and played his role to perfection. After what we see them do it's sometimes hard to remember that away from the characters and wrestling there's real, normal people who are just as vulnerable as the rest of us. Truly a sad day.

Christ I was such a Boss Man mark during his first run in the old blue threads... I bought the gear on No Mercy for my CAW as well you know and I used the Boss Man Slam in my move list when I wrestled....

Yeah he wasn't the greatest worker but he was entertaining and its sad that the world has lost him so early. My thoughts go out to his family and friends, rest in pease Ray.

Huh!

Get this.

You know in those Rocky movies when Rocky would tape his opponents picture to his mirror for motivation?

Thats what Ray Traylor was for me...inspiration!

I used to say, sheesh, even so much as last week, that if that big, fat, sweaty, Cobb County wanna be prison guard could be a wrestler...then damnit! So could I!

Through the years I would take any opportunity to bad mouth Ray Traylor in every match! When secretly I watched his every move and enjoyed his matches very much.

Like you Gringo, I also use ''The Big Bossman Slam'' in my move set, both in real life and in No Mercy. It's my Irish whip high spot!

In fact, my entire wrestling gimmick is based on wrestlers such as Big Bossman, Randy Savage, and Brett Hart. Put those men together and you have me...''The Maxx'' Maxx Power!

When I herd the news of Ray Traylor's passing I said "No F***** way is The Bossman gone! He's the fule of my dreams, now what do I do!" I'll tell ya what I do. I do what we all do when someone you look up to is gone from our lives forever. I honor his memory by doing what I've always done. Looking to the man as inspiration!

Now I'll say, "If Ray Traylor could do it than so can I!"

Why, because deep down, he reminds me of myself. When I would rag on him I would be critisizing myself, Pushing myself to be better then the Big Bossman.

Now I realize that I will never be as great as The Big Bossman. But thats ok, I don't have to be!

Thank you Ray Traylor for every thing you ever did in the buissness. I will miss you terribly!!!

Your Fan!!!

-Maxx Power!

Edited by Maxximus

i cant believe it!!!! omg!!!!! I have always been a HUGE ray traylor fan. he was always my fave back in the fed days, the first time i ever saw him he was in a cage match with hogan, and then the next time i saw him, was that classic jailhouse match with the mountie. over the years i did my best to find as many matches involving big bossman as i could (which wasnt easy considering i didnt have sky or cable.)....and wen he moved to wcw, i had people tape me the shows. i even enjoyed his return run to wwe during the attitude era. the guy was awsome in the ring, and for me, he will ALWAYS remain my fave wrestler.

thankyou ray, for the legacy you have left behind, thankyou for all the kick ass matches. i just wish we could have seen him wear the old blue shirt one last time. RIP RAY....... :(