Unoriginal songs

Jerichoholic

Guest edgehead2001
I enjoy covers like Wheatus = Little Respect and Marlyn Manson = Tainted Love.. But i dont like covers such as Westlife = Uptown girl..

Guest Thundara

Far too many bands/artists/manufactured groups make covers of popular older songs, just to make easy money, Steps especially. People recognise the covers and like the new, "hip" updated version and make it go to number one. Covers are meant to be out of respect or admiration of a band, not to steal their hard work, ruin it and get paid.

I have much more respect covers of obscure, less well known songs, as a lot of my favourite bands to as B-Sides. They don't expect large sums of money for them. Or a Number 1 place.

Far too many bands/artists/manufactured groups make covers of popular older songs, just to make easy money

good thing is, they don't make much money from them at all. sure it increases their exposure and fame, but most of the money goes to the songwriter, which aint them.

I think there is a place for covers, and that's live shows and b sides. maybe even as album tracks. as singles i think they are just a blatant exploitation of somebody elses talent