Metal Gear Solid 2?

Guest Michaels

Guest Michaels
Is Metal Gear Solid 2 out? Who's bought/going to buy it? I've got the demo and I think it's good but it's hard! I just want to know if it's out.

Came out today (friday) i got my mitts on a copy and am really impressed, I've just got to fatman but he's really hard to beat.

It's not exactly hard if you've played the psx version you'll have no trouble getting used to the controls. You just need to get used to not killing everything stealth is very important.

Best Movie in the world...wait it's a game!

such a great game....there are at times where you feel that you aren't playing much of the game (thanks to the long cuts scenes), but you don't give a damn because the plot is so compeling (and confusing) and there is more replay value then the first thanks to the dog tags and little tiny bits (like making pliskin angry).

all in all...your playstation 2 collection sucks unless you have MGS2

(i would have done a more then a half-assed review, but i'm in school)

IT does have plenty of replay value, but i did complete once the day after i bought it, also a shame you don't get to fight arsenal, but it's nicely set up for a 3rd installment. All in all Metal Gear Solid 2 is a interactive movie that you MUST have in your collection.

My favorite bit is near the end when your running round butt naked and the cornal is going mad, quoting lines from the psx game and telling you about pruning bushes, the guy even tells you to turn off the games console.

Guest Michaels
I've got it now but haven't played it yet. I heard Snake dies. That just ruins the whole story. The guy survives an unbelieveable adventure in the 1st one and it MGS2 he just dies. Pathetic.

[completed it on normal and very easy]

bah...i completed with loads of dog tags on very easy and no stealth suit...looks like i have to get more dog tags oh and by the way...you can't get dog tags in european extreme mode

there are so many kickass little touches...plot is very wierd but i cool...the game just freakin rules.

Guest Michaels
It's cool how you can shoot a russian with the tranquilizer so no other guard hears and then drag him away into a room where no guard is and blast him. I'm finding it well difficult though!

difficult lol

the only thing difficult about that game is understanding the storyline. My 10 year old brother completed half of it in about 4 hours then i finished it off in about 3.

gotta love the fission mailed bit (yes i spelt it right) and the colonel going mental quoting other games.

plus did anyone notice how much the black bomb expert guy looks like jesse ventura

my advice is dont buy it. rent it you'll have it done in 3 days easy

...i've had it for a week and 2 days now... and i'm still playing it - you wanna know why- because i need to get the damn stealth suit- blast Konami for making me get those dog tags.... it's not an addiction any more...it's an obsession.... [cue me rocking back and forth on a rocking chair]

Guest Michaels
Originally posted by Hosgood

difficult lol

the only thing difficult about that game is understanding the storyline. My 10 year old brother completed half of it in about 4 hours then i finished it off in about 3.

gotta love the fission mailed bit (yes i spelt it right) and the colonel going mental quoting other games.

plus did anyone notice how much the black bomb expert guy looks like jesse ventura

my advice is dont buy it. rent it you'll have it done in 3 days easy

I take that back, i''m finding it easy. I'm now in "Shell Core 1" dressed as the enemy with an AK trying to rescue the president. BRM, I know what you meant....Snake doesn't die. He's Pliskin, I take that insulting comment back. :) Latino, the game is long. Your mate must have played it for ages. It takes you 6 hours at LEAST to complete it. He must have played it for like 6 hours every day.

Guest Jazzmaster
An amazing game but the story doesn't hook you like the original. Though it does play better. I'm glad Liquid's back, he is the greatest.

Guest Michaels
I've been investigating and it's my pleasure to inform you all the Konami have got plans for Metal Gear Solid 3. They're planning on calling it Metal Gear Solid 3: The Patriots. Can't wait....even though I still got to complete MGS2, i'm on the Metal Gears and they're bloody hard!

Originally posted by Jazzmaster

An amazing game but the story doesn't hook you like the original. Though it does play better. I'm glad Liquid's back, he is the greatest.

no way...revolver ocelet rules best accent, kickass gun skills ...though i gotta admit liqid has a cool voice

just some rambbling

best line in metal Gear Solid 2

Raiden- "why did they bring a football along, to a decotamination plant of all places"

wierdest line

Con. Cambell "honestly now haven't you been playing the game enough...switch you console off right now"

[WTF... i thought it wass being serious (i was playing for 7hrs non-stop)]

fave characters

1- ocelot- he just kicks as, has a wicked voice (especally in the tanker- e.g. "gift of the silver toungue...it's what makes a good officer...and a liar") makes the revolver look like the best damn gun inventned...basically he rules

2- Solid Snake - a smart ass at times but he has reason to be. trulla a legend

3- olga- ... makes russian woman look good and her voice is great for a er...russian woman i guess shame she dosen't...ahhh taht would be spoling it

4- Liquid, maybe only an (arm though he does posses ocelot but hey his voice is homehow great for a bad guy...we miss you liquid come back soon

5- the Patriots (alright so we don't actually see them but let me explain)- anybody who creeps me out desrves a place in the hall of fame ... who are they, where are they (okay so there in mahatten) do they exist or is it some guy just meesing with are minds, is big boss one of them (yeah he's under 100 years old and is confirmend dead but u never know)

best weapon

M9 gun- sweet dreams sucker heh heh heh

worst item

stun grnades - this is meant to distract them, not alert them

Guest Michaels
The amound of times that stun grenades got me caught! Can you believe that my mate completed the whole game without being caught or SEEN even once? He did actually do it because yesterday, I watched him all the way.