Nu metal SUCKS!

fujiwara

I hate nu metal. All they are is a bunch of manufactured guys with little musical tanent who mix rap and rock together and the results are crap! i mean so what if its the 'in' thing to listen to. It sucks!

I like older metal/rock bands eg metallica and megadeth.

anyone else have any thoughts.

well, i love older metal bands. metallica, slayer, pantera etc etc

but i find it hard to blatantly say i don't like an entire genre of music.

basically i listen to albums, and if i like them, i like them, simple as that.

whilst i don't like limp bizkit, i do like deftones, i don't like mudvayne, but i do like static x etc etc etc

Guest Thundara

Fair enough, Nu-metal does seem to be getting a little over-manufactured these days with nonsense like Limp Bizkit, Hoobastank, LostProphets, Linkin Park etc etc.

Although I may hate the repetitiveness of all these bands, I do like the Deftones immensely, having bought all their albums.

But are Deftones nu-metal? Did they invent Nu-metal?

Nu-metal seems to be used to describe all new "heavy" bands at the moment. People call Static-X, Mudvayne and Sepultura nu-metal, when both, if you have listened to their first albums, are definately not.

This is like calling Blink 182 punk; bands like the Pistols and The Clash, and newish ones like NoFX and LadWagon are more suited to that catagory. Blink 182 are pop; there isnt anything punk about them.

You can blame media on this "quick catagorization" of music, such as Travis being a rock band, and the now "rock" Oasis. They just fit music into the widest catagory available. Eventually all the genres overflow into one-another.

Guest Dean Douglas

I think Thundara has hit the nail on the head.

I personally can't stand "Nu Metal", same goes for rap. All I have to say.

Guest Thundara

Why thank you Dean! :D

And I just thought I was rambling away at 4am this morning. Glad it made a hint of sense to someone.

Guest Thundara

A punk band isn't defined by what instruments they play, it's by their style, fashion and beliefs.

Just because Blink182 play power-chord driven songs on pink Fender guitars, doesn't make them punk.

Try listening to an hour of the Clash and Pistols, then try Blink 182. Youll see a notable difference.

I would just like to stick up for my Welsh boyos and disagree that Losprophets are "Nonsense". You hear one or two of their songs and you come to that conclusion? If you had an album of theirs, seen them play live, etc, etc, and still disliked them, fine. I could except that. But do you? Please do correct me if I am wrong.

I hate people who slag bands off before they even giving them a proper chance just because of whatever particlar genre of music they fit into. Sorry, just my opinion but I don't think comparing them to Limp Bizkit is very fair....

If you watch the LP interview/advert thingy that's floating around Kerrang! at the moment you will see them say that one of their "biggest ambitions is to play the Newport Centre." Any band that WANTS to come and play here can't be all that bad!

I agree. i have borrowed lost prophets album of a mate, and it is very good. if you dont like certain bands, dont listen to them, slagging them of or the genre of music they are will just frustrate people. you can keep saying how crap nu metal is, but if some1 slagged music of what u liked you would defend them to. we are entitled to our opinions, im just defending mine. i dont think there is much else ppl can say on this topic now as it was looking for a fight i think anyway. Edited by Vampiro

• 4 weeks later...