wrestlemania predictions

Craig Van Dam

The predictions thread doesnt really apply until the whole card is announced...but the idea of a screwjob being at Wrestlemania for the 3rd year in a row is surely wrong....they wouldnt do it again would they? Dear God i hope not.

yeah lets hope we get to see y2j and hhh tear each other apart, without too much interference from the billion dollar minger, or anyone else.

just two guys in a ring creating a great match. i do however doubt that that will be the case. they wouldn't have added steph to the feud if she had no part to play, or if they have it makes little sense

Predictions for announced matches so far:

I'd guess that Billy and Chuck will retain the tag titles.

RVD will win the Intercontinental title.

Austin will beat Hall. No doubt in my mind.

As for Hogan/Rock & HHH/Y2J, i'd guess that if Rock beats Hogan, then HHH will screw-job Y2J. But to be honest, I can't see Y2J turning face, because hes better as a heel. I could see nWo screwing HHH though. Austin/Rock/HHH v Hogan/Nash/Hall makes perfect sense to me, and Jericho will then easily be able to fight a new challenger and produce a new main-eventer. My bet would be Chris Benoit.

Probably not gonna happen but one lives in hope.:8

ive heard its edge v regal where edge (zzzzzzz) will beat Willy.

Mr Perfect v rvd (so i've heard) i reckon perfect will go over rvd but by cheating to continue his cheat to stay perfect gimmick.

Angle v Kane i hope angle wins as a reward for his hard work this year (not much of a reward.)

Billy and chuck v apa v hardys v dudleys i only think the dudleys and hardy girls are involved to put billy and chuck over. so the homo's will win.

Hall v Austin. Austin wins

Y2J V HHH. HHH wins hopefully while the canadian crowd are totally behind jericho.

Hogan V rock. Hogan should win to make the nwo look strong but it'll probably be cause of a new nwo member steiner or savage

Guest edgehead2001

Well my Predictions...

RVD vs Regal = RVD it just has to be no doubt...

Rock vs Hogan = Rock just look the past three manias he has come out loser... i think hell want to win one...

Scott Hall vs Austin = Hall i reckon

HHH Vs Jericho = HHH hes come back off of a major injury and it has to be him...

Rumoured

Edge vs Booker T = Edge because its in is home town... I also think test will be a part of this match on the outside..

Flair Vs Taker = Flair via interferance from David...

Billy + Chuck Vs APA Vs Dudleys Vs Hardys = I predict the hardys because they havent had the titles for ages...

Originally posted by Hosgood

ive heard its edge v regal where edge (zzzzzzz) will beat Willy.

Mr Perfect v rvd (so i've heard) i reckon perfect will go over rvd but by cheating to continue his cheat to stay perfect gimmick.

Can I ask where you heard these rumours?

For the record, RVD v Regal, Edge v Booker most likely and I doubt Mr Perfect will be there, although one lives in hope. :xyx

Originally posted by BRM

People try and act so smart in these threads

Me? Smart? Never!!! :D

I was just saying what WWF announced. I hope RVD does take on Regal so that he can take the IC belt from him. Im not a fan of Regal as champ.

Also, WWF seem to have dropped the Edge v Regal feud abruptly (nothing new for WWF) so not much point there.

Put Mr Perfect against.......erm.......Christian? DDP? Anyone?

Originally posted by BRM

What do you guys think about angle v henning, that surely would be a great match, and could you imagine the promos thse guys could have.

[trying his best not to get heat]well... i'd kinda think it would be boring, but you know it could be a great technicale (SP!) match... but i stick with my former decsion

It would be ok, nothing more. Angle is a huge star. Probably the closest the WWF has to a guy ready to join the big three, and probably closer to that than Jericho (nice work booking team, you've really helped the guys credibility and cemented his place as a main eventer with the way you've booked his title run).

Having him feud with Hennig would be a big step backwards in my opinion. This isn't the same Hennig that was here back in the 90's. He's probably not declined in the way Flair or Hogan have, but I just don't see how they can still have him as a major star, and I don't think they will either. Sure he's taken on Austin in the last match on Raw, and he is an established name, but his WCW stint did nothing to help his credibility.

Angle's bigger and better than a feud with Hennig

I really dont think you can ever say theres a big 3...HHH might be enjoying the big time, and he might be flapping his gums on about how hes the best ever etc...but he wont go down as a huge legend like Hogan, Austin etc., I dont think you can compare HHH's infulence with the effect that Austin and Rock have had on the WWF. And people like Angle and Jericho seem to be getting just as much main event time as HHH these days too. There shouldnt be any doubt about Angle being considered a main guy at the top now.

Nitpicking yes I am, But you know how much i hate HHH and so i just have to get these wee comments in. I think if your talking about the set of main eventers these days its more of a big 4, Id like to include Jericho in it but i agree with Jayden that he'll need more time at the top (maybe HHH would be so kind as to put Jericho over...wait...this is HHH i forgot for a sec) before he is up there. Is there room at the top for all the new WWF talent? :?

Guest nWo Hogan

I reckon:

Hogan's gonna revert to his old Yellow & Red Hulkamania gimmic, with Nash walking in as Diesel and Hall coming in as Razor Ramon, Sean Waltman (X-Pac) will also come down as the 1-2-3 Kid.

As they stand in the ring Hogan will announce that's he's brought a few of his BROTHERS with him and then:

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Big Boss Man (Police version),Macho Man,Mr Perfect,Bret Hart,Jim Neidhart, Rick Martel,Tito Santana,Greg Valentine,Tugboat,Earthquake,Legion of Doom,Demolition,British Bulldog,Jimmy Snuka,Roddy Piper (hoping he's recovered from his car accident),Warlord,Barbarian,Ted Dibiase,IRS,Shawn Michaels,Marty Jannetty,Bushwackers,Brutus Beefcake,Jim Duggan,Koko B Ware,Hillbilly Jim,Paul Orndoff,Hercules, and the Ultimate Warrior, run down to the ring.

Hogan then announces that the nWo is now the oWo, The Old WWF Order, and declare's war against anyone under 38 or who wasn't part of the 1985-1993 WWF. Hogan then announces that its his ambition to take the WWF back to the late 80's and early nineties, with 'gimmick' wrestlers and unveils his first 'converted wrestler. Mike Awesome (forever cursed with inability to say 'no' to a crap gimmick) walks down and shows off his new 'Bad Penguin" gimmick.

The show closes with Vince kneeling down crying out "what have I done".

I'm only joking here but its sounds freakily possible doesn't it in todays climate.