Was Bret Hart right?

Simon

Should Bret Hart have chosen to be at Wrestlemania?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Bret Hart have chosen to be at Wrestlemania?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

Do you think Bret Hart should have agreed to be part of Wrestlemania, or do you agree with his decision not to?

I'm just interested to see how people feel about it, I've never been sure whether the Hitman has been right when saying if he did it he'd be selling out to his fans.....

well put it this way..he would have been the biggest hypocrite since mick foley (though it really wasn't mick foley's fault)! if he returned to wrestlemania after what he has said and done...but the money would be really tepmting....but he's image has been tatineted and he would damage it even more if he returned so the answer is...bret was right not to do it

I voted not sure.

I would love to see him back in the WWF, but after all thats happened I dont think he should now.

Although anything can happen - who would of thought this time last year that Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Mr Perfect, Ric Flair and Goldust would all be in the WWF!

I'm a huge Bret fan, but would hate him coming back.

Makes a mockery of so much that has happened between him and the WWF

Having seen all these guys at their best (Hall/Perfect/Hart/Hogan/Nash/Michaels/Flair etc etc etc), I don't want to see a watered down middle aged version of any of them.

I want to remember them as the great talents they were, are and always will be, not for taking on Vince at the Rumble with their sagging muscles.

Personally i think that if he can't let bygones be bygones he should up and go off into sunset. Vince gave bret the chance to be famous and thats why he could'nt afford to keep him i'm sure he regrets what he did and thats why he offered him the chance to appear in toronto, and to be honest i won't be surprised if we do see him.

Guest Alliance Mark

If it wasn't for Owen's death and the fact that Goldberg ended Bret's wrestling career then Bret would have been back in the WWF already 'cos it was all a work (IMO).

After Survivor Series 97, the WWF got the kick up the arse they needed (ratings wise), Vince no longer had to pay a million dollar a year contract. Bret got a 3 million dollar a year deal with WCW. Who cares if he lost the belt 2 days early. It worked out pretty well all round.

After Bret's contract with WCW was up he would have come back to the WWF with an instant money feud, the only problem was that nobody predicted Owen's death.

If Bret could actually wrestle then he'd be back by now.

IF it was a shoot (big IF) it certainly worked out well for all involved.