Worst wrestlemania ever?

BRM

Originally posted by BRM

Was it 9 or 12 the 1 with lawrence taylor i think, in the main event for gods sake.

Mania 11 was the one with Lawrence Taylor beating Bam Bam in the main event, but I remember 9 as being the most reprehensible event to carry the WrestleMania moniker. I don't think it had one redeeming feature. At least the ones in the early years usually had at least one momentous match on the card.

The Undisput-ahed champion of all bad Wrestlemanias has to be 11. Fair enough 9 was bad with one of the most ridiculous ends to it, but 11 was just a joke, look at the line up and the matches, even Bret Hart has a crap match against Bob Backlund its that bad. I think the main event Bam Bam v LT says it all too.

Although 9 was a close follower, Wrestlemania 2000 was dire as well...one of the worst Wrestlemania main events ever (how dare they break tradition with a non 1v1 match). The only half decent matches were the hardcore thing (which was kinda dissapointing in the end) and the Tag team triangle match. (E+c, Dudleys and Hardys in what was basically a TLC match).

So for me its 11, then 9, then 2000.

The worst has to be 9 closely followed by 11. The only redeeming feature of WrestleMania 11 was when LT did some ridiculously weak looking bodged move on Bigelow and the announcer, who was probably Vince McMahon I cant remember, tried to pass it off as a jacknife powerbomb that Diesel had taught him. Hilarious but thats just how bad it was.

As for 9, the less said the better.

2 was awfull, only Dynamite saved it by dragging Ed Leslie of all people kicking and screaming to a decent match.

9, can't say any thing that hasn't been said in the last 13 posts.

11 had crappy wrestling out side of the main event which was watchable with booking that made no sense, why did Nash go over Micheals?.

2000, was I the only person who enjoyed that show?

lol i think its gotta be 9, i mean 11 had the odd good thing with shawn performing well, jarrett and razor being alright and etc

but 9 just sucked all the way, everything was crap, and things which shudda been good sucked, thus considering expectation and everything 9 has to be worsed

i mean with 11, and an LT v Bigelow match i never expected much. and to be fair it wasnt as bad as it cud have been.

Without spoiling anything, I have to say that this years WM card doesn't look to good.

Unless they jazz it up with some stipulations, or whip the wrestlers in match ups into shape, then it could flop, despite it being the highest grossing event so far.

Although we could see the likes of Chris Benoit (yayyyyy) and it's even been suggested that someone might show up as it falls on St Patricks day.

Lawrence Taylor headlining Mania was a terrible shame, largely because it probably did deserve a place on a Mania card. Just much lower down. Lets be honest, he put in a much better performance than Arquette, Leno, Malone. Had it been a mid card match I would have accepted it, but main eventing, please. Did Bigelow and him really deserve that?

Savage, Flair saved a pathetic Mania. Hogan V Sid coming on after that match was awful, and why did Papa "don't call me Kama" Shango come out? Good to see the Warrior though (hey I don't like him either, but I'll honestly say I got excited and stood up when his music hit, which is really what Mania is all about), and Flair Vs Savage saved it.

I think saying Wrestlemania 8 was crap is a bit harsh...It was far better than a lot of the other crap ones mentioned.

I dont know what your judging it by, wrestling or entertainment, but it had a good mixture, come on, Piper v Hitman was great, Michaels v El Matador, Roberts V Taker, solid tag team match etc.. It was a good wrestlemania during a good period for wrestling.

I think overall it appears the people have voted that 9 was the worst..I thought 11, but i can see where everyones coming from i suppose. :)

the WM a ceasars palace was bad, the only match i can remeber wa Crush Vs Doink, and it was a lame match with a ludicrus finish where the ref got KO'd (surpriseing ly a screwjob is a bout to be described) and then an identical clown i(i think it may have been dink, the midgit) cameout and the doble teamed him, it trule sucked, but the opening ceremony with the big roman style procession with one of the commentators (dunno who, savage?) coming down on a bed thing withmodels in togas infront and then poor bobby hennan coming down on this big nasty camel (BACKWARDS) was really funny