Talent Gap

Jayden

Over the years we've seen so many successful tag teams that spit. largely because one of the guys was destined for things much greater than tag team gold.

Who historically always astounded you how blatantly one guy carried the other, and who is about today that looks like they're going to have the same problem.

Historically For me it would have to be the Steiners and Harlem Heat.

Scott Steiner always had the talent. Thing is Rick was never that bad a wrestler, but Scott was just so much better. The frankensteiner and steinerdriver against the steinerline and bulldog. What's more impressive there?

Harlem Heat, not really much that needs to be said, Booker athletic, agile, powerful and at times charismatic. Stevie Ray could hit people with a slapjack.

Guest Alliance Mark
Splitting up the Dudleyz would be like splitting up the Legion of Doom. The sum is greater than the parts. Don't even think about doing it Vince.

Originally posted by Alliance Mark

Splitting up the Dudleyz would be like splitting up the Legion of Doom. The sum is greater than the parts. Don't even think about doing it Vince.

Damn right. Never thought I'd agree with AM on anything but I do here.

Split the Hardyz. Matt did look pretty convincing as a jealous brother and is a fair wrestler. Jeff has no wrestling talent but has a certain look about him, is a daredevil and I dont know why, but he'd look good as a Raven understudy. Have Raven as the teacher/big brother type character and Jeff as the pupil/little brother character who dresses up like Raven. I think they would make good champs. Anything to split the Hardyz though.

Dont split the APA either. Just fire them.

But back to the subject, Rockers are an example. Both were talented but Michaels was so much better and proved it down the years.

Sorry, i didnt really explain properly. I know Jannetty was a good wrestler, from what I saw of him (only about 5 matches, i admit) but Michaels was an awesome showman. Like Jayden said, I cant see Jannetty bringing the crowd to its feet like HBK did. Also, could you see Jannetty telling 20,000 to "S*ck it" or coming back as an entertaining commissioner?

Most right saying that the dudleys shouldnt be split up, the best tag teams have always been the ones that could never split up (eg. Demolition, Dudleys etc)....Although Edge and Christian were of course class as were the rockers (go on you know you liked them).

I dont think its nice to say that D-Von is worse than Bubbah, they both compliment each other..Testify :)

The example that springs to mind for me is the Outsiders i mean Hall was definatly better than Nash......no....wait...... thats wrong what i meant to say was Nash is much better than Hall......no....thats wrong too.....Oh yeah now i remember they both suck :xyx :xyx :xyx

The Dudleys are one of those teams that probably won't split. It suprises me that the APA haven't gone their seperate ways.

Speaking of the APA, Bradshaw has been carrying Farooq for ages. Notice how 99% of their matches are won by Bradshaw, it's always Farooq that tags in and gets the crap knocked out of him.

Dunno, maybe Bradshaw refuses to have it any other way.

There ain't nothing wrong with Farooq, apart from his age, he can still perform well (erm....for a powerhouse style wrestler).

I think WWF have toyed with the idea of giving Bradshaw a big push for while now but would it realyl work?

I actually think that both of them are good at what they do, but you'd struggle to make a huge singles star out of either of them.

bradshaw could work an austin type character, but just be nowhere near as entertaining.

Could Vince really sell him as a major singles star? probably not, and is there really any point breaking them up so he can languish in the mid card at best?

15 years ago the APA would have been a great tag team. Look at Demolition/Powers of Pain/Road Warriors. See the physical comparisons. Bradshaw could even have played a useful heel challenger to Hogan for the belt, in the way they tried to do with the Warlord.

But wrestling has moved on a lot since then and I just couldn't see him as a credible singles star