Matt Hardy Champ Material ?

F_View

Matt is a fringe superstar, and will need one hell of a push to go all the way. The problem is that with the "big guys" of wrestling he doesn't stand a chance, unless he suddenly develops an Eddie like stamina or puts on a little more muscle.

HBK was in the business a long time before he was pushed to the top leagues, but matt's career does seem to mirror HBK's, well if you discount his tag team partner just leaving, rather than beaing him up for losing a match.

He would make a great underdog champion though, I must admit.

Saracen

After matt hardy preformance last night at the PPV i would love to see him as the WWE Champion :thumbsup he would be one of the greatest champs of all time....if he had the microphone skills like Y2J.....but all around it will be a long time before we see Matt Hardy Version One as the Champ.......VEE ONEAA!!!!! :worship

Matt Hardy Champ??????

Not a hope in hell's chance, he has not got the mic skills or the "look" of a champion.

I dont see him as being sooo over with the fans either, and his V1 gimmick stank, imo.

Plus i dont think that he is able to pull it off, his moves are not the slickest, he has trouble with some and he never seems to be at 100%.

Plus the boy needs to run his ass around the block a few times, i think you can smell what im cooking.

I certainly think Matt has the potential to be a big superstar but somehow despite all his efforts if he stays in WWE he will never be a main eventer much like Jeff wouldnt. I think the best Matt can hope for after this current feud with Kane is that he can get an Intercontinetal Title feud with whoever is holding the belt at the time, get over and hodl the belt for a while.

Other than that if Matts Contract expires could definetly see both of the hardyz as Main Eventers on TNA as lets face it they would be in the same bracket as AMW who could both be pushed as Main Event singles but also remain a tag team and do that much like Harris and Storm doing. Personally I think that would be the best option for Hardy because he is main event talent but sadly while in WWe he never will be while TNa like to expose talent and push it (Monte Brown being the exception)

I don't believe Matt Hardy can ever main event in WWE. He's got very good mic skills and he's pretty talented but i don't think he is quite good enough in either area, especially in the WWE environment where you need to either be massive or have bags of charisma to be a top liner. IC Title tops.

I also think he will always be overshadowed by his brother. Despite the fact that Matt is, imo, a superior wrestler to Jeff, who at the end of his career was a tired high-spot artist, everybody always marks out at the slightest mention of Jeff Hardy returning to wrestling, and that means Matt will always be regarded as second best..

thats like putting rey mysterio in the main event

:stupid

they already have had Rey in 2 SD! main events and both were excellent matches.

as for matt hardy as a champ??? Sure i think he's got the skill since he's no longer in the skittles coloured shadow of his more acrobatic but inferior brother. :thumbsup

Edited by Anime Otaku

I dont know Matt Hardy should get buffer and better to become WWE championship material but the way I see him now I doubt that he will get that push to become WWE Champion anytime soon.

El Rey Doin'It 209 style.

I know that there have been other mid-sized men to hold the belt. (I say mid-sized because Hardy's not really small).

However, he isn't big enough to look believable as someone who can throw down with guys like the Undertaker. Come on. He's bigger than cruiserweight, but not serious heavyweight matrerial.

HBK was smallish for the job, but he had many other things going for him that made it a moot point.

Matt Hardy will never be Heavyweight championship material. He is average in the ring in singles competition, and he is much more suited to Tag matches. The gimmicks he has had are not the greatest ever and that will always work against him. Matts ability to work a crowd isn't fantastic either, normally in his matches or interviews any reactions from the crowd are provoked by opponents or other interviewees.

Matt Hardy will not be wwe champion, at least not in the near future. He doesnt quite have the size to cater to vince mcmahons big man fetish, however what he does have in abundance is mic talent, in ring ability and a tremendous work ethic. It is likely that he will be pushed to intercontinental level and be left there to tread water for at least a year. If he can prove that he can not only survive at level but excell i believe wwe will think seriously about pushing him to the moon. It is also my opinion that Hardy has all the tools to make a great champion as long as he has the patience. On a side note although people make constant comaprisons between Hardy and Shawn Michaels i see more similarities between Hardy and Brett Hart, as regards size, movesets and pacing of matches,hardy is a slower more methodical wrestler, much like hart and i believe, like Hart, when it is his time he will rise to it