Injuries....

Evil Gringo

Now at the moment as you may know from my right good moan about it in a few related threads I have somehow got tears in my ACL tendons in both left and right knees....

The good thing is I've got these cool knee braces... the bad thing? I have legs the size of the marshmellow man with the swelling...

So I was just wondering if any poor souls on TWO have done themshelves any injuries over the years...

My current list is Complete Torn ACL and tissue damage in Left knee, slight tears in ACL's in both knees, Broken Wrists, thumb, ribs, damaged ankle ligaments, bone chips in my elbow and a twice broken nose...

Thats what you get for wrestling and skateboarding alot when your a teen...

So you guys?

Never broken anything before, but playing football, I injured my knee pretty badly. I was the only girl playing with about 20 lads, and was being chased by a defender. My knee locked, I fell over my leg and felt a burning/tearing sensation in my knee, towards the back, and when I stood up felt as if the top of my leg was compressing my knee, as was the bottom of my leg. Didn't walk properly for 6 weeks, and BOTH my knees still give me quite a bit of trouble today, to the point where I can't bend down on my knees for long and I can be kept up in the night from shooting pains in my knees. Nightmare.

The only serious injury I have had was breaking my collarbone, which I did around this time last year at school. It was an absolute nightmare, as whenever I even slightly moved my shoulder it would click and hurt like hell, and that was for a good 2 - 3 weeks, and it was even sore after that. Not a bone I would recommend breaking :(

I've never had any major injuries in my life, which is quite surprising when you consider I played football against teams that now have players in the Scottish Junior leagues, aka, the Gangsters Paradise.

The closest I had to a major injury was when I was attacked by some folk a while back, and the busted up my nose pretty bad. I had it examined by a doctor and he said it just needed time to heal but it wasn't broken. And hey, just for you, I've fished out the post where I've described the events before, for the benefit of our new members.

There was a private function on at my local pub, so someone decides that it would be a smart idea to go to the other side of Edinburgh at 10pm to look for a pub.

There were 5 of us walking along, and all of a sudden, 24 ninjas jumped out at me. I used my jeet-kun-do and Vale Tudo background to dispose of most of them, but then a big guy like Bollo in Enter The Dragon jumped out and somehow managed to take me down. I did a Rock/X Pac/HBK nip-up, followed by a spinning roundhouse kick, but then a guy even bigger than the last guy grabbed me from behind and snapped my neck. Despite my broken neck, I got up and did a Matrix style "come on" taunt, which made them all run off.

Well, maybe I did have too much to drink before I went out. What happened was about 7 neds started punching and kicking us for no reason, then ran off. But the bruising on my nose was more painful than a broken neck, considering I had the sniffles and had to blow my nose.

Oh, and I've also had a few groin strains when my girlfriend had her hair in the way that I like it, but that goes with the terratory.

on my 21 bday (now 35) i slipped and tore every ligament in my right foot/ankle and also cracked said anklebone.

was told a very bad sprain atfirst,then 10 month later told of proper injury.

i still have sum swellin over my ankle and i also get pains in both calfs,the right calf cos the ligaments are all joined and in my lefy calf cos that has been my stronger leg 4 14 years now and its startin 2 feel the pressure.ive been usin a walkingstick since late 92 thou i can walk on it but prefer 2 use stick...just incase

Tore up my right ankle and needed surgery to repair it.

Injured my lower back.

Broken 3 fingers and 2 toes.

Broken right wrist.

Cracked my skull behind my right ear.

Cracked my right cheek bone.

Broken 2 teeth.

Torn left rotator which still bothers me when I do heavy bench press.

OK here we go:

dislocated my right shoulder-too many times to count,

same with my left-5 times,

over 40 stiches in my body (not including standard ops),

broken nose-once,

broken bones in hand-4 times,

damaged spine which restricts some movement if knocked at all!,

torn muscles in BOTH ankles,

3 concussions.

I also have some burn scars, but thats becouse I used to be a self harmer, so I'm guessing those injuries dont count!

ok umm this is all from wrestling, 2 broken ribs, Torn a tendon in my elbow, broken pelvis ( that was nasty) torn a ligiment in my knee and then 2 months later I done my knee in again now i have a steel knee cap, fracture ankle 9 times, broken collar bone broke 9 toes at the same time. broken fingers multiple times I damaged somthing in my neck the word is too long and i cant remember but I cant tilt my head to the left, craked skull. and thats it. Never take part in backyard wrestling and NEVER try and make your own jackass movie.

Got a few scars as well... had a few stiches in my head from when I've broke where nose the first time and also in my eyelid from the same accident....

Got a concussion then and have had about 4 on top of that....

I dislocated my left shoulder taking a piledriver wrong once and its been kinda loose ever since as well... pain when you knock it and you can feel it slide...

Also got a back injury at work in Accy about a year ago that still twinges....

I've had that many knocks I actually have trouble keeping track on them... must be all the bumps to the head!

And Prof I used tp backyard as well... but I ain't never come off that bad apart from my shoulder and a concussion from taking a brainbuster thru a table... What the hell happened to you to do all of that?

Edited by Evil Gringo

Only when I went headfirst over my horses head and landed on a solid wooden log. Am still feeling the effects of that one in my lower back six/seven years down the line :( Nerve damage apparently according to my consultant

~Cherry, xxx

fractured arm

nearly blinded in eye from hitting head a couple cms above eye-permaannat scar

thumb off in metal door had it put back on of course

blown left knee

severly pulled quad, close to tear

and finally my mnost impressive scar takes up a bout 2 inches wide and about an inch high of my right knee from a football stud forced through to scrape my actual kneecap (as in the bone) and then required stcihes injections and skin grafting, i refused the skin grafting tho as they said they needed the skin from my ass, hwo could i look at that knee again knowing it was part of my ass?

I've broken a few hearts in my time...

Other than that last November I was playing football and twisted my right ankle. Tore all the ligaments and tendons, then I collapsed on it and broke a coupla toes. My entire foot was the size of a penguin and had the same colour scheme.

Nasty.

Cheers!

Ive has shin splints which hurt quite a lot.

I had a football whack me in the head and I was dazed for while after that (kinda like Oliver Benard lat season)

Fell of a fence and banged my head on concrete so I went to hospital

Thats about the most serious things.

On my 23rd birthday I stopped three guys from stealing an old guys car and they threw me through a plate glass window this caused my right arm to be almost severed off and the tip of my nose was in my mouth.

Touch Wood never broke a bone but have dislocated my elbow so that when I landed the inside of my arm at the elbow joint bent the other way completely.

Ran into a wall and a nail was sticking out of it so that it penetrated my forehead.

Been shot by pellet guns about 16 times and have one pellet stuck in my jaw can see it through my gum.

Trampolining at school I fell and landed on my head after attempting a back somersault. Severe stinger.

Lots of other minor bumps bruises cuts and scrapes but still my overall integrity is sound. Regained use of arm after six months of rehab and nose sewn back on by the maxillofacial surgeon from Clatterbridge Hospital.

Spiritchaser.

Lucky Dude.

Ran into a wall and a nail was sticking out of it so that it penetrated my forehead.

Been shot by pellet guns about 16 times and have one pellet stuck in my jaw can see it through my gum.

Trampolining at school I fell and landed on my head after attempting a back somersault.

:lol Thats Twisted! :lol

Sorry 'Chaser.

I usually don't laugh at the expense of others, but that is some funny stuff.

You are one lucky sumbitch!

I myself am also a member of B.W.B...

Backyarders.With.Braindamage!

I have suffered three bulged disks in my back due to backyard stupidity!

One from an unfortunate ladder incident involving a mis-timed dropkick with yours truly poised on said ladder!

The second and I think the third comes from a fishermans buster off of a picnic table...a beauty to behold, but I think I took more damage than my unfortunate opponant who took the devestating move!

I have also sufferd several shots to the head with various impliments, a damaged rotator cuff in my left sholder, damage to my knees and ankels resulting in arthutitis at my young age!

Don't try this at home!

Now at the moment as you may know from my right good moan about it in a few related threads I have somehow got tears in my ACL tendons in both left and right knees....

The good thing is I've got these cool knee braces... the bad thing? I have legs the size of the marshmellow man with the swelling...

So I was just wondering if any poor souls on TWO have done themshelves any injuries over the years...

My current list is Complete Torn ACL and tissue damage in Left knee, slight tears in ACL's in both knees, Broken Wrists, thumb, ribs, damaged ankle ligaments, bone chips in my elbow and a twice broken nose...

Thats what you get for wrestling and skateboarding alot when your a teen...

So you guys?

ive had the same problems as EG - i tore my Right knee ACL completly about four years ago. was playing rugby and got kicked on the knee cap, knee went back to far and the ACL tore - ouch :(

i had surgey on it in July 2001 - they took one of my patella tendons and thread it thru where the old ligament was then atached it with bolts. is this how they did yours EG? ive heard of people using a thigh ligament instead cos it leaves a smaller scar - mines 6 inches long.

had further surgey on it in december cos one of the bolts was too close to the surface and everytime i knelt on it i could feel it pushing against the bone. was in a knee brace like EG from my ankle to my thigh for three months and crutches for 5 with physio for about 7 months in total for my first op. i hated being in a brace cos i had to rely on everyone else so much.

now finally three years later though im all healed up!

other major injury was casued by a baseball on holiday slamming into my face - no permenent damage just a big swelling that made me look like a klingon and a black eye for a week! nice look! :D

other minor sprains and scratches from rugby, and i chipped a bone in my finger as well once.

but the only really major one was my knee, which totally screwed up so much of my life. its all healed now but ive got a horrrible feeling something has gone in my left knee now - i really hope not but keep putting of going to the drs cos i dont wanna find out!

They used the thigh techinuque on me... little bit of surgery and a tiny scar... well compared to a few others I've got... But the knee cap went to far down and it bashed into the cartialge (sp?) and gave it a good beating....

So I need another op somewhere down the line to scrape the debris thats built up as the psyhio isn't working as well as it should... I pushed it a bit to hard and thats how I got here.... The right knee I don't even know how I did... seriously, the left was in pain and I was going to get it checked and the day I was going the other one was hurting a lot too...

Got up to the hospital and they scanned me and I had matching tears... weird I tell you...

I originally did the knee wrestling... went for a spot where I went for a shooting star, my supposed victim would move and I would land on my feet... my leg buckled and that was all she wrote... I can still do a shootingstar, just not too many now...

On my 23rd birthday I stopped three guys from stealing an old guys car and they threw me through a plate glass window this caused my right arm to be almost severed off and the tip of my nose was in my mouth.

Touch Wood never broke a bone but have dislocated my elbow so that when I landed the inside of my arm at the elbow joint bent the other way completely.

Trampolining at school I fell and landed on my head after attempting a back somersault. Severe stinger.

Lots of other minor bumps bruises cuts and scrapes but still my overall integrity is sound. Regained use of arm after six months of rehab and nose sewn back on by the maxillofacial surgeon from Clatterbridge Hospital.

Spiritchaser.

Lucky Dude.

Dude! You're the real Dude Love aren't you? :lol :lol :lol

When i was 10 i tried to jump over a skateboard whilst on my bike, and being that i had never jumped anything before i was very confident ;) Of course i fell arse over tit and busted my elbow. It healed up fairly swiftly so it wasnt that big a deal.

Way back when i was a skater (in-line not board) my legs went forward from under me whilst dropping in over a 6 foot spine and i fell backwards injuring my back, i thought i was in trouble but in the end it turned out to be a bit of servere bruising.

Also whilst skating i dropped in wrongly again and ended up smashing my knee cap straight into the metal ramp (i know i should have been wearing pads) It became very swollen within 5 minutes and it took me forever to get home, due to the extent of the pain i could barely move for two days. That is one of the reasons why i have knackered knees at only 20 years old (that and being a very harsh tackling left back before the injury described below).

I have also spent approx 2 months in hospital with a problem hip, when i was first admitted i could not put any pressure on my leg, they decided to put me in traction. 3 weeks and not much progress at all, so they did a scan on my leg and found that some unwanted fluids had made their way into my joint, which had caused the pain etc etc. This in turn meant they had to drain the fluids out. It took them ages to get anything sorted and i now have a huge scar over my left hip.

Oh and i can dislocate my right little toe at any time. :thumbsup