the only good music in the world....

Trips

Apart from michael jackson there is only one other good piece of music and that is rap. Eminem, 50 cent, lloyd banks, young buck, game, tony yato, obie trice, d12, stat quo, ice cube, dr. dre, 2pac, notorious big, eazy e, snoop dogg, xzibit etc. is the only good music in this world

Apart from michael jackson there is only one other good piece of music and that is rap. Eminem' date=' 50 cent, lloyd banks, young buck, game, tony yato, obie trice, d12, stat quo, ice cube, dr. dre, 2pac, notorious big, eazy e, snoop dogg, xzibit etc. is the only good music in this world[/quote']

And who can argue with that statement? A well made point with excellent background evidence and research delivered in a succinct and grammatical way. Have a badge. :xyx

You're wrong by the way.

"If you want people to give serious replies, you really need to back up your statements. If your not prepared to do this, I'll lock the thread as it adds absolutely nothing to the forum.

Oh and BTW, Rap sucks."

Lol no offence Nic, but u did notice the giant amount of irony in your statement?

Ok so it was, a rather broad statement, a poorly backed-up argument, and a bad start to a thread (as you might expect from a new forum user, who maybe isn't used to posting on TWO). That's fair enough. But you know what would be better than making beautiful, side-splitting, ironic statements? Maybe actually TRYING to make this thread a decent one? Y'know, if you disagree, say why. And if you have a problem with the way the guy started the thread, explain to him why?

Trips - first off, I know you're new, but all you're gonna get is stick if you make general statements like that with no reasoning behind it. Personally, if I start a thread, it has to be something I feel strongly about, and if I do, it'll usually be a long post. I'll put across my own argument in detail and try to back it up as much as I can. In my experience, the more you say in your first post, the more people will reply (because you're EXPLAINING your argument, and giving people something to chew on, y'know?) Try to remember that in the future.

Also mate, there's already been a hip-hop vs rock thread recently - but since this is a broader subject, I suppose it deserves consideration. And I'LL try to make some valid points.

Apart from michael jackson there is only one other good piece of music and that is rap. Eminem, 50 cent, lloyd banks, young buck, game, tony yato, obie trice, d12, stat quo, ice cube, dr. dre, 2pac, notorious big, eazy e, snoop dogg, xzibit etc. is the only good music in this world

Ok, first off, I think you'll find that it's been a LONG time since MJ brought out anything really good. I love his old stuff, and one or two songs in the 90's stuck out, but he really isn't deserving of any praise for his recent efforts, in MY opinion.

I do like hip-hop a lot. In fact, I like all types of music, my tastes are very eclectic. And as such, I don't think you can say that rap is the ONLY good music in the world. I disagree with that in principle as much as I would disagree with somebody saying that rock is the only good music. I disagree with that as much as I would disagree with someone saying that "rap sucks". Music, as much as a lot of things and more than most, is a matter of PERSONAL TASTE. What one person might like, another person might not, see what I'm getting at?

For me, yeah, I really like Tupac, Eminem, Dre, Snoop, and Busta Rhymes in particular. I like the genre in general. Some really good music has come out of it, and some really meaningful songs. Personally, I think the world of music would've been a lot poorer without the guys I just mentioned. But, in essence Trips, I think your argument is flawed, simply because it's just about YOUR personal taste, and you can't just exclude other genres just cos your not into them - same way you can't (or shouldn't) rubbish rap just cos it's not your thing.

Unlike most of you suckers, I like all kinds of music.

Yeah it's arguable that Hip-hop isn't all that great right now. But all music genres go through a period where it's exciting, good, meh and repeat. hip-hop is somewhere between good and meh (IMO). Anyway, it will become exciting again. despite the cliche music videos and songs, hip-hop is still providing some nice gems.and whatever, if you don't like hip-hop, just means less queues for hip-hop albums on slsk :D

also, while it's (argauble) it won't be as good as it was in 1992, only slighlty has it dropped in quality.

Jurrasic 5, Promoe, Gangstarr, DJ Green Lantern, Kanye Went, Bestie Boys :P

slighlty off topic- can anyone recommened any bands that are like silverdust or/and Taproot

Apart from michael jackson there is only one other good piece of music
Michael Jackson is still very good people. Dont read all these stories and believe them. You could very well be wrong

Eminem
Brillinat lyricist, awseome rapper

50 cent
Dr Dre and Eminem bought 9 bullets NOT a good rapper. Good work though

lloyd banks
Decent. Not very good, in my opnion

young buck
OK lives of 50 Cent though

game
Not heard of him

tony yato
OMG seeing as the only work he has done is a phone call then I wouldnt say he is a rapper. It was OK though

obie trice
Pretty good. Without Eminem he wouldnt be near the top though

d12
Good "band". Produce a great mixture of work, with songs like Fight Music, Purple Pills etc

stat quo
Crap

ice cube
Brilliant really. Very underrated

dr. dre
THE producer. Best ever producer but not a brilliant rapper

2pac
THE man. Seriously if you like punk, rock etc try 2pac and you will have a different view on rap as a whole

notorious big
Im not sure why he became so big. He was only a decent rapper but I suppose the lyrics made him

eazy e
Shame he died so young.

snoop dogg
The best rapper IMO ever. Really awesome stuff with Dre. Making Doggystyle records was a awful decision

xzibiti
Like Ice Cybe very underrated. Bitch please is one of my favourite songs and Man vs Machine is one of the best album in recent years

is the only good music in this world
As much as I like rap this is down to opinion. Some rock is pretty good, take Hotel California for a great example.

My Personal faves are: Eminem, D12, Dr Dre, RHCP, Gangstarr (i got 'full clip' their greatest hits album and it's HOT), Wu Tang clan, Dire Straits, 2Pac, Evanecence(sp?), Limp Bizkit and Linkin park also the Kill Bill soundtracks are good and i love some show tunes too, i own 'The Phantom of the Opera' on CD

P.S. does anyone have any Jpop/Jrock album/band recommendations?

I also have a very varied taste in music, I like Rock, Rap, Indie, R&B, Hip Hop, Soul, Dance and even some Pop. I generally think its probably better to like most kinds of music, as at least with me, I always have something different to listen to for whatever mood I'm in, and never get bored of my music collection. I have friends who lisen to the same 3-4 bands all time, and listen to nothing else, and personally I just find it boring.

yeah me to varied tastes

mainly i listen to nu metal stuff and that sort of stuff like Saliva, Limp Bizkit, Cold Sevendust and other faves include cKy, HIM and Jimmy Eat World (should make Nic happy to read that lol j/k :P)

but i also like some rap music such as Meth and Red man, a bit of 2pc from what ive heard, My cousin loves 2pac so its all i get when im with him, dmx is quite good and I like stuff like the beatie boys and run dmc however i must say i cant really stand eminem in any form altho 50 Cent aint bad.

But then again I also listen to old cheesy dance and pop music at times for a laugh like right now im listening to Eiffel65-Blue.

And of course I have the greatest flaw in my life, I love wrestling themes etc so I love to collect themes as Im a bit of a themes mark.

But still

E2K = E2Know It All

Just noticed that.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

You should really be a professional comedian Seabass. No, really, you should.

Well, here's to ya! - seabAss = dumbAss

:lol

Edited by E2K

Just noticed that.

You should really be a professional comedian Seabass. No, really, you should.

Well, here's to ya! - seabAss = dumbAss

:lol

Heh, you should be honoured that you go on my "Wall of Nickname's"

When it comes to Rap im with the legendary Curt Henning. "Rap is crap".

That was coming from a guy who liked NASCAR racing and country music ¬_¬

I'll listen to pretty much anything if I think it's well made - the only exceptions I have are :

Club anthem type crap - meh, kids blast it out all day long and all I hear is "dumfdumfdumftsstsstss" - I can live without that

Jazz - 8 people on one stage, not one of them playing the same tune.

Classical - not my bag, bar Ric Flair's theme and the Champion's League theme :D