Do You Keep It TWO Yourself?

Russ

First of all, I'll give you a minute to finish laughing at the hilarious play on words in the topic title.

Done? Good. Now to the topic at hand.

Do you flaunt your TWO membership, or keep it private? Do you ever hang up on your friends, saying "Got to go, there's a great new topic in General Chat started by Russ"? Or when your mum walks into the room to see what you want for tea, do you bring up a new window with a less embaressing site, like megaboobies.com?

I'm just interested to know, because I personally don't go around telling everyone about TWO. Things might be different if I had a free TWO T shirt (hint hint), but it's a private thing to me. Even when I stayed with my girlfriend, I spent hours online every day. Granted, not all of that was at TWO, but it's hard to hide something like that from her. She knew I liked wrestling, she knew I visted wrestling related sites, but she never showed any interest in these sites or wanted to see what I was typing.

The same applies with my family. They know that I'm a wrestling fan, and it would figure that I would spend a wee while every day on wrestling sites, but I doubt they have any idea about what my role is on a site like TWO. Hell, when I admitted to them that I reviewed games for Wrestling 101, it was like coming out of the closet. I had new found respect for gays (don't tell Brock I said that), they were saying things like "Right...er...can I see a review?", and I wasn't prepared to showcase my unique brand of in your face humour. I just told my dad that I didn't keep my reviews on the PC, and they never brought it up again. I only told them because sooner or later, companies were going to send me free games and my mum would probably have a heart attack if she saw game after game coming through the door when I hadn't paid for it. She would probably think that I was working for the mafia and hoarding stolen goods.

As for my friends, most of my close friends know I like wrestling and post about it online, but only a few know about TWO. That's thanks to the events that lead up to THE TYLA INCIDENT. I was having a party, and decided to burn a CD full of party tracks during the night. As I waited for it to burn, I decided to check the TWO chatroom to see if it was busy. I was only in for a few minutes, then I logged out when the CD finished. I took it downstairs, but left the PC on with my username and password still filled in on the moderator login page (It's a lot less glamerous than it sounds, folks. It's actually quite difficult to navigate too, through all the naked pictures of Britney).

Sure enough, later in the night a few people went upstairs to get away from the party and found my PC lying like it was. They pressed Log In, and found themselves in TWO under my mod account. Instead of banning everyone like they should have done, they decided to have some cybersex with a girl called Tyla. This was a great laugh for them, and it was only the next day that I found out when I got a phone call. Anyway, Tyla was now convinced that I was her dream guy (in all honesty, I probably was) and since "I" told her I loved her last night, she thought we were cyber doin' it. This lead to months and months of PMs, MSN messages, new Hotmail accounts when I blocked her and a whole lot of stalker related fun! What was the point of all this again? Oh yes, my friends knew that TWO existed.

Anyway, enough about me, where do you stand? Do you confide in your friends when Draven deletes your poll or do you pretend to your dad that you're talking to a school chum when Kam appears on MSN?

Well I dont have Kams MSN as I'm below him and the rest of Skynet! lol.

But no, I tell people about TWO and often show my mates interesting threads (often NOT started by Russ) in the forums. Hell its my fault that tgo joined the FWL! Damn his smart arse comments at work!

But I've spoke to some pretty interesting people (and Walshy) from TWO and I am glad that I found the place.

Hell, some of you are getting invites to my wedding once I get a date sorted!

My parents don't know anything about people from TWO. All they ever knew was that I knew Jess through a site and I texted her. My mum nearly dropped me in it the other week, cos she knows I text my mate mattye, and I've got HSM's number, but on my phone his name is Hsm-Matt so my mum thought it was him and was tempted to text him apparantly. Not good.

I'm the exact same as Russ. My friends know that I like wrestling and chat about it etc, but they don't know about TWO. The only person i've ever showed anything to was my sister the one time, a thread she was interested in, but that's it.

If i'm with other TWO members then I'll chat about the forum because that's common ground but in my normal day to day life I don't. :)

I only visit the Video Games, Music, Movies and TV and General Chat forums because there the only forums that interest me, so its not really something I'd be embarassed to bring up. A few friends know about it (as I'm sure you all very well know!) but not many people.

My friends know I do this, that I lead the international scene and that I sometimes write articles for 101 and post news there in the International section... They have no opinion on it really, its just common knowledge, same for my parents....

My other friends are wrestling fans but not as much as me and used to be members of Wrestletalks when I was a mod there back in the glory days of 2001-2002 so they know the score... Its just they'd rather annoy German people through X-Box Live on Toca2 then join me here...

I pretty much keep to myself, my mates know that I like wrestling, but don't know to the extent of me doing reviews and stuff for W101/TWO.

My Mam and Dad know that I like wrestling and that I spend a fair bit of time on the internet. They didn't really know that I do any reviews until loads of videos and dvds started coming through the letter box, I never really told them, until they asked "Where are you getting all the money from for all these Videos and DVD's ?"

So I said to them that a did a review and now gets loads free, which wasn't a lie, more a extension of the truth ;) , my Dad asked to read a review, but I just made some excuse, and he never really asked again. I just like to keep TWO and Wrestling 101 to myself.

Same as Russ really, my mum and dad and friends know I like wrestling but I haven't told them about here. Not that I'm embarrassed by it, why should I be? It's just something you don't go around shouting about. "Hey I post on a wrestling forum!"

Probably only one of my friends knows about TWO and I got him to sign up but he doesn't post that often.

Nobody knows what I do for TWO, but TWO has let them know I like wrestling. It's a bit hard to disguise what site you're on when there's TALKWRESTLINGONLINE.COM in huge writing on the banners everywhere :P.

I don't have any particular wish to tell them either. My online life and my offline life are kept very far apart, to the extent that I don't talk to any offline friends online.

I've never mentioned my TWO membership and use thereof to people outwith the wrestling fraternity. One wonders why in the name of hell I'd even want to discuss it..."Oh, you should have seen them all laughing at my hilarious repost the other day"

Hell, ask anyone to name one thing about me and it's he loves wrestling.

I have got my cousin and my Mrs to sign up here for the craic.

I know no shame peeps. By the way Russ I have a T-shirt factory for my PC and have made up a TWO T for me to wear around the place.

Am I breaking Copyright? If so I'll have a pyre waiting.

Everyone who knows me knows about TWO, coolest site on God's Green Earth.

Spiritchaser.

Hubby of Take it Easy and Mentor Cousin of Zero Tolerance.

But I've spoke to some pretty interesting people (and Walshy) from TWO!

Cheeky git!

Anyway, I don't exactly go around advertising that I post at TWO, although a few of my mates know that I do post here, one wanted to join in order to take part in the FWL, but because his email was mind bogglingly long.

However when I win things (on those rare occasions) I gladly flaunt my TWO membership in peoples faces :P

only TWO of my friends know i enjoy the fine art of wrestling.

haha better wordplay than yours Russ! :P

One just knows I train to be a wrestler and the other knows I visit this site for the chatroom but thats it.

about 90% of the 115 people on my msn are on there because of either wrestling or TWO in some way shape or form, including the Proffessor Mike tenays email (yes its real its for Tnawrestling.com ask the proffessor).

I probably watch too much wrestling and stuff because a lot of music i like is in some way connected, i watch a lot of wrestling tapes and dvds, and well when im on the pc its all wrestling and on the ps2 ditto.

Bottom line is my mates would rip the piss if they knew and well I care too much about the publics perception of me.

On an interesting sidenote any one else BB's Victor trying to do the Mr Perfect chuck towel thing with a plum on the live feed last night? Lets get the man on TWO when hes out and declared the winner.

I don't tell anyone I post on TWO, not that I'm embarrassed or anything, it's just that I don't go around flaunting it.

I also write "The Announce Table", the premier column on W101 :D and most of my friends know that I have landed an online column writing job, some even know it's about wrestling, but they're all supportive which is a turn-up for the books.

Cheers!

I've just seen this thread, so excuse my lateness in replying to it.

I don't tell other people I know about this place. It's not a question of being embarrassed about it, it's just that I know for a fact that my offline friends wouldn't understand and it'd be a hassle that I couldn't be bothered with to have to explain something like this place to them when they would either not care or ridicule it and I don't have to tell them or want to tell them in any case. If I saw someone from TWO and recognised them from a picture or something, I'd want to say hello, but just to say hello, not to talk about the site really. If I was on my own and saw someone then fair enough, but if I was with someone I'd probably say hello and then tell whoever I was with in the first place some other tale about how I know them. Most people I know don't even know that I've watched wrestling at all since about 1991, so even though I don't really watch it regularly at the moment I'd still have to explain the whole thing and then go into why I joined and that sort of thing, which I don't really want to be obliged to do as it really isn't anyone else's business who doesn't know me on here anyway.

I keep thinking that I'll see Peter knocking about Newcastle at some point. I'd love to try and convice someone that he's my boss or something. 'Yeah he may not look it, but he's in his forties that guy'. I don't reall know what most people who I would possibly see look like though - I have a vague idea of what ChrisfromBirtley looks like round here but that's it, plus I've seen photos of people I've got to know quite well here like Dra, Cripp, Goldy, HSM, Chris2k, Nicole, Kessler and A.C. among others, but if I actually saw anyone I don't know that I'd be convinced enough (I'm just about blind from more than a yard or two away!) to approach them. I'd be too wary of making a tit of myself and bothering some complete stranger.

I don't know that I'd go for a TWO meet-up either if I'm being honest. I like a lot of people on here more than some people I do make the effort to see(!), but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of going out of my way to meet somewhere random, whih would mean loads of explaining the whole history of my time at TWO to more people who don't really have anything to do with it. That's my own fault though, I'm at an age where really I should have my own place by now and subsequently my own space, so when (or if!) that happens then maybe I won't guard my privacy quite as much as I do now, hopefully.

I wonder what inspired this thread eh Russ? :P

Well my brothers know, and they hardly care, but its my friends I'm always more concerned about.

The way it is with me is that up at uni all my friends know I'm obsessed with wrestling, and think about it 24/7. When I start putting their life into wrestling analogies its pretty obvious eventually. Back home they don't know I'm obsessed, and only perhaps know that I still don't mind watching it every now and then.

To me that's not the really embarrassing bit... though with me mates back home I'd probably get a bit of a slagging. I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if me mates up at uni found out I actually wrote for a wrestling site, apart from if they were female :P

As for back home thats a completely different matter. For me if my friends knew not only that I was obsessed with wrestling, but that I was actually writing for a wrestling site... getting angry about one big man in tights winning a fixed contest against another big man in tights, I'd probably get laughed out of town and my social life back home would be ruined.

Concerning the site generally though, one of me best mates in Aberdeen has seen me posting on the forums before in my flat, and I have dared to get TWO up on the uni pcs when I'm on them even when there's nice looking birds around but I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking over my shoulder to make sure nobody was looking!

I have to say that I also want, if everything goes well, to one day get into politics. I know I'll regret saying that if I ever do make it anywhere... but you can imagine how something like being a writer for a wrestling site would make me look a bit silly!

But then again that's just me.

Twas what I was referring to as to what inspired this thread you Russian :P

For those not in the know Russ knows a girl who went to my school who could easily be told all... if Russ was an evil man of course.

But we all know Russ wants to keep his testicles :)

Crazily enough, Simon, this thread was first posted over a week ago, therefore it's just a mighty big coincidence. Don't worry though, your secret is safe with me, SUPERMA...er, I mean Simon.

Lamb 4 SNP Leader.