Jerry Lynn Released

Inno

1Wrestling.com is reporting that Jerry Lynn was officially released from the WWF 2 days ago. I can't say I'm totally surprised, and it least it gives Jerry a chance of getting back in a ring somewhere again, as opposed to jobbing every week on Metal.

Gives him a chance to concentrate on his band, Nickelback, too.

Guest Dean Douglas

I'm sure he'll turn up in WWA or XWF if they're still in business tomorrow, the very worst he can do is XPW.

I wonder why they don't have a spot for him on the roster thogh?, *cough*McMahons*cough*. Following this event I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a few more people were let go, Tommy Dreamer seems like a prime candidate at the moment...

Somebody mentioned on here recently that they'd release Jerry Lynn given the chance, not because they didn't like him, but more as a sort of mercy killing.

Well thankfully it's finally happened. Hopefully we'll get to see him in a ring somewhere where he can showcase his talents. As with many of the former ECW guys they just aren't made for WWF TV.

Too small, too used to longer matches, take too many risks, sometimes work too stiff etc etc. Wherever he goes, I just hope it's somewhere I can see him wrestle on a regular basis. Which actually is gonna be kinda difficult short of buying lots of XPW/WWA etc etc tapes. Would just be nice to see him in the sort of matches he was in in ECW. Skinnyboy joked about him making an appearance in FWA, but I can genuinely say that a triple threat match with him, Fleisch and Storm would probably get me to one of their events.

Im sure if cab Kennedy's (FWA) read this he's probably phoning lynn now.

Releasing these wrestlers is good for everyone (except maybe the wrestlers themselves.) The WWF have possibly 100 wrestlers on the roster, with their current booking system of rotating the same wrestlers with different opponents (e.g taz v bubba dudley spike v d'von ...next show: taz, spike & rvd v dudley boys & christian...ppv: dudleys v spike & taz) they use about 20 wrestlers at most. These guys are only hired to keep the other promotions down but the financial strain they put on the wwf must be huge. Release the wrestlers who aren't being used and give some other promotions a chance so maybe we can see a televised WRESTLING show. so much for the cruiserweight division though Lynn could have held that belt and had great matches.

If only he was funny on the microphone eh!

We now have no old school (WCW) and no new age style (ECW), so we're left with Dynasty meets UWA (WWF).

They'll probably released Mike Awesome, Kanyon and Rhyno as soon as they both get fit again.

Please, PLEASE, bring on the split and give the books to Heyman...for the love of christ, give me something to watch aswell.

Jerry did appear on the WWA PPV, I thought AJ Styles was signing for the WWF but he was also on the PPV. Brian Christopher was also on the show...do you think he was announced as "Just back from a stint as a publicity gimmick for the FWA, Talksport and the Revival show, iiiiiiiiit's Brian Christopher"