~*Doink Is God*~(Your Fav Gimmick Wrestlers)

We're all fans of wrestling greats, such as "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Bret "The Hitman" Heart, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc. We're even fans of such great and new talent, like Brock Lesner, John Cena, Paul London, Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas....

But what about those wrestlers back in the day when we thought it was all real? Those wrestlers that had horrible day jobs, but for whatever reason, solved all their problems and dished out their own version of justice in the squared circle on our television sets throughout the week? Well, This is the place for them :thumbsup

Who was your favorite "gimmick" wrestler from WWF/WWE or WCW?

Mine at this moment (4:02 am Central Standard Time) is :worship REPO MAN :worship . Anyone remember that Royal Rumble he was in where he scurried down to the ring, slid in, got thrown right back out, and scurried back to the back?

Too many but here it goes....

Tatanka (what a gimmick!)

Giant Gonzales (Come on the guy rules)

Undertaker

Doink (especially Evil Doink)

Kamala

Hunter Hearst Helmsley

Ric Flair

Hulk Hogan

Repo Man

Ted DiBiase

Big Bossman (blue shirt)

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Skinner

Many more but these are the best in my opinion

The Undertaker - Longest running and best gimmick of all time in its original form

Crow Sting - Transformed him from a bland and stale performer to a performer who was moody, intresting and manic... also gave us a great moment at Starrcade 1997

Jericho WCW 1997to1998 - Comic genuis, great matches, splendid promos... then he dropped the TV title to Konnan, got ditched by Goldberg and Bischoff and jumped to Stamford....

Head Cheese - They were great! What a name, only Russo could have thought of this one... and Chester McCheeserton! Genuis!

Least favourites included - Hogan, Warrior, HHH's current, Tank Abbot in three count, Repo Man, Oz, Million Dollar Champ Steve Austin etc etc...

Someone put this in another post, and I just had to put it here:

Today, as of 2:54 pm Central Standard Time, my fav. gimmick was Gillberg.

Remember - he came to the ring like Goldberg, and the guy(s) with the fire hydrants and sparklers came out for his entrance as he chocked on the fumes?

Classic. What if he had been given a push indeed?

Names to consider: Barry Horrowitz, The Brooklyn Brawler, Damien Demento, Crush

The Undertaker - Longest running and best gimmick of all time in its original form

Crow Sting - Transformed him from a bland and stale performer to a performer who was moody, intresting and manic... also gave us a great moment at Starrcade 1997

Gotta go with the Gringo here, though I'm surprised you missed Big Van Vader. :thumbsup

Others include,

That scary Ice dude from WCW what was his name did all sorts of Karate moves mostly kicks but he was cool, had scary eyes and looked like something from Mortal Kombat. Well Him You Know let me know too. :xyx

Mick Foley as Mankind creepy sumbeatch.

Hawk and Animal The Road Warriors were Legendary Men. :worship

Thought The GobbledeGooker was very strange even for WWF.

Jake dear Jake.(sobs uncontrollably) :bawl

The Original Tazmaniac loved that guy and the HSM.

Spiritchaser.

Gimmicked Out.

That scary Ice dude from WCW what was his name did all sorts of Karate moves mostly kicks but he was cool, had scary eyes and looked like something from Mortal Kombat. Well Him You Know let me know too. :xyx

Glacier was his name. They amped him up for weeks, and I only saw him wrestle once. Sad, yet true.

By the by, I'm watching SmackDown! right now, and "The Reflection of Perfection" Mark Jindrak is in the ring...remember "The Narcissist" Lex Lugar? I bet you money that a year from now, Jindrak will be body slamming Big Show aboard the S.S. Minnow at the next Great American Bash.

Duke "The Dumpster" Drose! What a guy!!!

I can't count the number of times I've contributed posts on "the Dumpster"(Ok, maybe four)!

This guy had a good personality and he was great in the ring! I was a Huge mark for him! But like most wrestlers in the WWE that have aany real talent he dissapeared before he got any push at all...what a shame!

Remember that match at In Your House he had vs. a young HHH...yeah, maybe he lost,but when he blinbly threw that trashcan lid into the ring it caught a prone HHH right in the head...and he didn't even try! I still laugh at that every time I see it :lol ! The best part of that was HHH acctuly took the hit as a bump nonchalantly. I hate to say it but I gotta give it up to Trips for that one...Good watchin'!

Does anyone know what happend to him?

I also liked Abdulla the Butcher(if that counts),

Foley is God...of course!

Big Boss man had some good moves for a man his size,

The Great Muta,

La Parka Rulz!

and who can forget...The Blue Blazer(RIP)!

Spirit if you tell Vader that he's gimmicked and wrestlings fake he bitch slaps you! I'm scared he's watching and he'll find me and Powerbomb me!

Also mention goes to Great Muta and also Onita the Wild one... great gimmicks in the mid 1990's Japan although Muta streches back further... (1987-8 Florida I think) and Liger, Tiger Mask and Heat... Japanese cartoon characters brought to life in the ring!

Doink?...naaa,

DINK the Clown!!

Mini-dust also. but not Goldust

Gobbldy Gooker, did you here Houston boo when he was thrown out of the gimmick battle royal at 'X-7?!

Kanes, mask gimmick when he debuted as Kane.

and Hill-billy JIM!!!

Glacier was his name. They amped him up for weeks' date=' and I only saw him wrestle once. Sad, yet true.QUOTE'] :thumbsup

Thnaks man very considerate of you. Yeah I only saw him wrestle a handful of times but there was scope for that guy and WCW being Dubya C Dubya at the time another one bit the dust and not The Dream eh!

Spiritchaser.

Profoundly Thankful :xyx

This just in...this just in....

I hate to inform you guys, but apparently, i was out taking my evening constitutional when...get this...HHH lost to THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER!!!!

If annnnybody, anyone of you all saw this match, please tell me where i can....man...HHH lost to THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER....not the undertaker, not brock lesner...but THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER............

Glacier was his name. They amped him up for weeks' date=' and I only saw him wrestle once. Sad, yet true.[/quote'] :thumbsup

Thanks man very considerate of you. Yeah I only saw him wrestle a handful of times but there was scope for that guy and WCW being Dubya C Dubya at the time another one bit the dust and not The Dream eh!

Spiritchaser.

Profoundly Thankful :xyx

:lol clap clap clap Dubya C Dubya :lol :worship

and its sad that i'm laughing so hard and I'm from Alabama

This just in...this just in....

I hate to inform you guys, but apparently, i was out taking my evening constitutional when...get this...HHH lost to THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER!!!!

If annnnybody, anyone of you all saw this match, please tell me where i can....man...HHH lost to THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER....not the undertaker, not brock lesner...but THE BROOKLYN BRAWLER............

Go to the thread titled "I Love (Or Hate) Triple H" and read the post from Trips, and read the post following.

And If E2K gets a hold of this...PLEASE GO :devil

:oops This just in...HHH actually lost to The Brooklyn Brawler...much to my displeasure :( That must've been one hell of a constitutional...

As of 12:11 am (central standard time), here are some more gimmicks for viewer discretion:

Adam Bomb (a young and very dangerous Bryan Clark)

Rick "The Model" Martel

IRS

Typhoon

Earthquake

Tugboat

and my personal favorite of the moment, Mabel from Men On a Mission (M.O.M) - well, before he became King Mabel