WWF Touring in Scotland & England

Simon

Someone please enlighten me, whats going on with this...I heard that the WWF was coming to do a tour of England (and one show in Scotland..Glasgow)..but im not sure what type of show its gonna be...House show or what.

Its just that the WWF is doing a "Smackdown tour" (wwfinternational.com to have a look) in Malaysia...And i dunno if its just a house show or actual Smackdowns..

Someone please clear up whats going on for me, cause I'm hoping to go see the WWF in Glasgow, House show or bloomin PPV :)

The roster sent to Malaysia was iffy and that was the WWF supposed be making a decent effort to enter that market.

The days of the top roster being sent on a European Tour are well over, call my cynical but I don't see it being better than most PPV's over here. Also, it'll be the same card every night and you're bound to get major spoilers given on sites across the board. They also have to keep servicing the fans they care about by giving them decent house show matches...so even more reason that I feel we'll get a B roster.

Anyone know if the tickets are less than £30...

Yep - no matter what sort of roster they send over, it's a must see experience for me. A WWF B roster by that time might well include the much vaunted Cruiser division we keep reading about. Looks a good bet to me. I'll be doing my damndest to get a ticket for this one :)

Hey anyone who gets the chance to see them get there.

I was there in november and gladly gave up a burnley ticket to see them, i can now tell people i saw austin v the rock and thats the biggest they come really.

N?ow hoping to go to a raw and smackdown towards the end of the year it just wetted my appertite.

And considering they'll be hopeing to sell a ppv i would think they'd be a preety dam good roster, even if it just a uk ppv.

I can't see why they can't film Raw and Smackdowns over here and in Asia and Australia when they're there. If they did that more people would want to see it and they wouldn't have to have half the roster filming TV shows and the other half touring the world.

After all WCW did it last year.

well about 24 superstars have gone to asia. and the tour is being headlined by y2j and the rock. Easy to see why the rock got destroyed by the nWo now.

Raw and smackdowns could possibly work in the uk, but no asia, Can you imagine some of the signs there going to have there. Promos would be just, well they would'nt be able to do them unless they had somone dubbing in the arena.

Fair point about Asia, but they could do them in the UK and Australia. It just seems so pointless to me how they send half the roster round the world and leave half at home to film TV.

The first W in WWF stands for World doesn't it, now I am aware that the Americans have difficulty with the definition of the word "World" (see World Series), but surely the fans around the world are worth more to the WWF than the odd crappy three date tour and UK only PPV's we get.

Edited by K.J