Some Sicko

Spiritchaser

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Hey guys,

Some Sicko came on the forum before under the guise of WrestlingRulz and informed the community that Stone Cold Steve Austin had been severly injured in a nasty car smash, with a link to another site. I clicked on the site and found that a message flashed up saying RVD had been injured in a serious car smash, then the site disappeared to be replaced with a site called Outwars or some such nonsense, which is kinda like a e-fed as far as I can tell, but because I was concerned for Stone Cold and RVD and wanted to find out if they were ok, I didn't pay much attention to the site.

However, after looking around the various forums I can't seem to find the thread and was wondering if anyone else knew the score about whether or not the guys are alright.

Spiritchaser.

Anticipating. :?

It's a common problem. I remember one irresponsible newsletter editor from my past that ran a story about Matt hardy being injured in a car crash, and a woman also involved in it ahd died. They then proceeded to send it out to our... sorry, HIS subscribers without actually bothering to check his facts. Turns out it was just some webmaster of Lita's (un)official site playing an April Fool... an April Fool...

I wonder about the sanity of the people that do this disturbing crap.

They put these links at the bottom of website pages all the time, I NEVER click on them, cos they are bullshit.

You will get a link at the bottom with a highline like "Brock Lesnar returns and punches Vince backstage!" or "HHH caught cheating on Steph, gets FIRED!" and because they are way out there headlines that I guess draw people in, people click them, but all they do is take you to other sites, SPAM you up, give you a billion pop up ads etc...I clicked a few back in 1997 when I first got the internet...NEVER since...

Curiosity is a powerful weapon....

I personally really don't want to know about wrestler's personal lives, when doing the US News for Pabs a while back I did have to sift through a lot of dung that was out there.

Eventually i just gave up and stuck to official sites, because at least I know then that it comes from an official source.

If you see a news story, check Reuters out to confirm it.

Saracen

Thanks Guys but this was an actual thread posted in the US forum and this Wrestlin Rulz guy had about 1500 previous posts and a weird looking avatar, it wasn't an advertisement at the bottom of the page it was right there at the top of the thread page, thats why i thought it may have some creedence to it, and it was only because someone may have been seriously injured that i thought , I hope they're alright I better check.

Spiritchaser.

Complete.

I was the one who deleted it. For my reason (I like to leave a little reason so that all the other Moderators/Forum Leaders can see why I deleted a post) I said that it was false news that linked to an irrelevant website, and leaving the post up could cause offence.

Just a note for future, if a thread ever disapears it's probably for a similar reason. If a moderator/forum leader deletes an inappropriate thread, normal users can't see it, so don't panic, we're just doing our job. :)