Wonderful News I Hope

MachoMat

Check it out:

WWE Looking To Make Big Changes To Creative Team

Posted By Ashish on 06.23.04

Company realizes that stories are flat....

WWE realizes right now that their storylines have been flat lately and are looking into making changes to the creative team.

One major change upcoming is the hiring of a new creative team member who will oversee the storylines as a whole and analyze whether it goes with the direction of the company. He would more or less be the manager of the creative team. This new employee will serve as a tie between the McMahons and the rest of the creative team. WWE has already started looking for this new guy.

WWE is also looking into adding more people to the creative team.

Well Vince I'm free....

But do the WWE realise that Steph is one part of the problem... she isn't qualified to write and edit and oversee stories just because she is daddys little girl...

And the problem of yes men of Steph's an HHH writing on Raw should be resolved, we need a fair and hard hitting wrestling based product, not a soap story of pregnancies, 'special' athletes and confusing titles pictures... So maybe the new guy will have the balls as an outsider to say, Vince, this is whats wrong, lets cut it out eh?

• Like 1

But do the WWE realise that Steph is one part of the problem... she isn't qualified to write and edit and oversee stories just because she is daddys little girl...

And the problem of yes men of Steph's an HHH writing on Raw should be resolved, we need a fair and hard hitting wrestling based product, not a soap story of pregnancies, 'special' athletes and confusing titles pictures...

Complete agreement EG. That's what I hope they're thinking as well.

Well Vince I'm free....

And the problem of yes men of Steph's an HHH writing on Raw should be resolved, we need a fair and hard hitting wrestling based product, not a soap story of pregnancies, 'special' athletes and confusing titles pictures... So maybe the new guy will have the balls as an outsider to say, Vince, this is whats wrong, lets cut it out eh?

Hear! Hear! this is probably the main reason a lot of casuals turned away in the first place, obsequious cretins who would kiss H3's ass the way Steven Regal kissed Vince's. Vince is a S.O.B. at times eh!

Spiritchaser.

:thumbsup

ooo i need a job' date=' let me apply. WWE i tel you know i can do a much better job than any of ur current writers i swear[/quote']

I think proper spelling and grammar is a requirement on most applications. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your chances aren't all that great. I'll give you an 'A' for effort though. Nice try.

I think proper spelling and grammar is a requirement on most applications. I'm going to go out on a limb and say your chances aren't all that great. I'll give you an 'A' for effort though. Nice try.

Theres little hope for anyone if people like you hang on to your petty hangups like this. I dont usually bother saying anything when i see posts like urs but ive seen a few lately and theyre pointless and insulting.

WWE already had the man they needed for this job, and that man's name was......Paul Heyman. Heyman, when booker of Smackdown made the whole program fun again, and the downward spiral it's been on since Vince decieded Heyman questioned him one too many times has now became evident.

Heyman has his critics, i know that. People say things like 'who's still around now, WWE or ECW', and my answer is this: Who had the more exicting show? ECW or WWE?

WWE need to start looking that their own mistakes in demoting Heyman, rather than bringing in some no experience wise guy.

What do they have to lose?

WWE already had the man they needed for this job, and that man's name was......Paul Heyman. Heyman, when booker of Smackdown made the whole program fun again, and the downward spiral it's been on since Vince decieded Heyman questioned him one too many times has now became evident.

Heyman has his critics, i know that. People say things like 'who's still around now, WWE or ECW', and my answer is this: Who had the more exicting show? ECW or WWE?

WWE need to start looking that their own mistakes in demoting Heyman, rather than bringing in some no experience wise guy.

What do they have to lose?

:eek

Waaaaaaa!

Greenburg must be back on his meds...'cause he said something I actully agree with! :P

No ECW until I'd say the final months still was the best wrestling show on TV.... there was just one problem... Heyman couldn't balance the books to save his life! So if you took Heyman's ECW ideas and such and coupled it with the WWE's funding and roster and financal managment then you would have a successful show like Ssmackdown was becoming until he was demoted....

Face it the Dramer/Raven fued... the angle between Sandman and Dreamer where Ssandman was supposed to be blind... Tazz and Sabu and Douglas little fights over the World Title and RVD v Jerry Lynn and Tajiri v Super Crazy.... how can you beat it?!?!

ECW had more entertaining shows than WWE for the better part of 4 years. And the only reason WWE had better programming afterwards was because Vince Russo and Shane McMahon were huge ECW fans and pleaded for Vincent K to implement a lot of the ideas.

Stone Cold Steve Austin? Try The Sandman, 2 years before.

Ken Shamrock the ultimate fighting killer? Taz was killing people before that.

Daredevil Jeff Hardy? Not a shadow on the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal Sabu.

Nation Of Domination? New Jack, baby.

The list goes on. But the facts are there - Heyman owns as a booker. Nothing to do with his fanances (and we know, he sucks at them, but thats the only reason ECW went under - his booking was what kept it alive so long).

bob. WWE/F had the most entertaining show and it is that' date=' that put paid to ECW and WCW, like it or not dude.[/quote']

ECW was put paid to because it couldn't handle it's own finances and was too small as an indy fed to try and get bigger in a pond dominated by global companies like WWE and WCW.

WCW was put paid to by more expenditures than incomes and the fact that almost all of it's main event had creative control clauses and a heirachy that had no idea what was going on and slowly lost it.

trying to improve the creative team is all well and good, but they are gonna bring in someone who probably spent his career in soap operas and has no idea about the wrestling business

the easiest and most effective answer to the problem is paul heyman

I wouldnt get too excited. WWE hired a guy to do this job about a year ago, but he got fired cause he came back to them and said there was so many plot holes in their storylines, so they fired him. The only way it will change, is if Vince changes it himself.

Something people seem to be forgetting is when Heyman was in charge of SD the shows got really boring after a couple of weeks. All that happened on every show was some combination of Eddie, Angle, Benoit, Edge, Mysterio and someone else were thrown out to have meaningless matches with no story or continuity.

As a result SD went downhill and Raw took over as being the better show in lots of people's eyes.

The fact is you can put out a show which is 95% talk/plot/backstage antics, and people will still be interested. If you put out a show which is 95% wrestling with nothing to tie it together or make it interesting you may as well watch an indy fed where you don't know any of the guys, because all you're seeing is random matches which have no meaning.

Oh, and as to the "problem" of "Steph and HHH's writing on Raw" - :roll

Ed

Here's a couple of REALLY radical and off the wall idea. Why doesn't Vince try and connect and listen to the fans. I'm not saying let the fans run the company but at least take their wants into consideration. Idea two, use the F*ing talent already their. Shane Helms, Rhyno, and Matt Hardy could also use SERIOUS pushes. This story line with Matt is so much crap its hard to watch.

Something people seem to be forgetting is when Heyman was in charge of SD the shows got really boring after a couple of weeks. All that happened on every show was some combination of Eddie' date=' Angle, Benoit, Edge, Mysterio and someone else were thrown out to have meaningless matches with no story or continuity.[/quote']

Yeah.. meaningless. I mean it didn't build up The Guerreros as a strong family team who lied, cheated and stealed. Nor did it build on the tension of Angle and Benoit as a tag team, or put on 4 star matches every week that got standing ovations from the crowds. I imagined that, obviously.

As a result SD went downhill and Raw took over as being the better show in lots of people's eyes.

SmackDown went downhill as soon as Benoit moved to RAW to fight HHH. By then, Heyman was long removed from the booking team.

The fact is you can put out a show which is 95% talk/plot/backstage antics' date=' and people will still be interested. If you put out a show which is 95% wrestling with nothing to tie it together or make it interesting you may as well watch an indy fed where you don't know any of the guys, because all you're seeing is random matches which have no meaning.[/quote']

You can tie wrestling in with meaning, but to hell if you need 95% of the show to do it.

I remember when Steph did her big interview for about 20 minutes about her father during their feud, and the crowd were chanting "boring" around 5 minutes in. It shouldn't have ever taken up a whole 6th of a show.

A show like WWE should be 50/50 on TV shows, and 100% wrestling on PPVs. Afterall, you're paying to see all these guys wrestle for a reason, and although you probably don't realsie it, you can build up feuds with wrestling matches. Booker T and Chris Benoit had a cracking feud (one I doubt you'd enjoy, somehow) that had little to no backstage segments at all. It was simply a best of 7 series that saw Booker beat Benoit and then go on to win the TV/US title. Simple booking that the crowd was very reactive to and worked.

Not doubting that segments and interviews are needed, but you're saying it like Heyman never booked an interview in his entire booking tenture. If I remember, there was a lot of segments involving a lot of guys on SmackDown. And guess what... the feuds got over. How about that, heh?

Oh' date=' and as to the "problem" of "Steph and HHH's writing on Raw" - :roll[/quote']

Aww, I love how you jump to HHH's defense every time someone says a mean word about Hunter-wunter. It's so cute :wub

Saying that though, I don't mind HHH having booking influence too much because he's at least someone who knows what he's doing, being a wrestler and all. Steph has no excuse at all. For all the years she's spent watching her Dad, she can't seem to book a good storyline for the life of her.

The last part is true... Hunter has been involved as a wrestler in some of the great WWE storylines... the McMahon-Helmsley era and the Steve Austin saga were genuis but her's the thing... after the debacle, yes DEBACLE! of Raw is Necrophilia (know what that means Ed?) which HHH pushed for and helped pen.... and also the Racist storylines against Booker, well because of these two major duds HHH should be kept away from the bookers pen... not to mention his wife...

debacle' date=' yes DEBACLE! of Raw is Necrophilia (know what that means Ed?) which HHH pushed for and helped pen.... and also the Racist storylines against Booker, well because of these two major duds HHH should be kept away from the bookers pen... not to mention his wife...[/quote']

haha necrophiliac HHH, Katie Vick indeed. Altho I bet that was better than Steph lol. Triple H may not be the best at storylines but hell he does great inring and cuts a great promo which is why i love to watch H

Actually, Kevin Dunn was the mastermind behind the Necrophilia angle, and Vince was the one who approached HHH about it. But credit to HHH, he tried to be the company man and go through with it. He probably enjoyed stuffing the manniquin too (since theres not much difference between the manniquin and Stephanie McMahon).

Thing is in his postion as the Champ and married to the boss's daughter (bulletproof really) he culd have said nope, I ain't screwing a pretend dead person on TV... no way...

But he thought it would be storylinre gold and as a fan of Dunn's who helped him get a creative spot although he did work in other departments of the WWE....

So in my eyes HHH is part of the circle of blame over Mrs Vick... Just like JR is over the Kiss my ass club, but thats another story...