Tribute Shows, Promotors Reply!

Cactus Jack

If you are a "tribute" show playing fake Rock's, Austin's, Kane's (Hey, as soon as RVD debuted, the local hall was promoting RVD on a tribute show! Talk about jumping on the bandwagon!) wouldn't that mean you should give ALL your profits to the wrestlers?

If you are in tribute to something, then surley you should give them something!

NB>

I know the promotors keep all the money, just making a point that if they were really making a tribute to them, they should give them the cash!

The worst thing is all the lip service given to it by the people in the wrestling industry...Do something about it!

Oh, then there are the fans who hate it and know it's fake but still bloody well go and give these idiots their money.

I have an answer, but it would involve a big hall and a bomb.

i worked for orig williams for a year...and i really enjoyed it!...

i got to work with some goo lads!....danny collins robby brookeside pn news tiger steel...etc etc......

but i really only did it for a couple of reasons....

1 full time wrestlin...6 shows a week!

2 £45 a show!

3 3 hours of training by danny collins befor each show

4 laught at orig wobble like a chimp when he walks!:D

his commentry is kinda funny too....on 3 ocastions he discribed me on the mic as a veritable brick s*** [EDITED] house!!...lol....in frount of loke 200-400 kids....lol...

ol uncle orig....leagend

No swearing

Edited by Grapple

Originally posted by lee

i worked for orig williams for a year...and i really enjoyed it!...

i got to work with some goo lads!....danny collins robby brookeside pn news tiger steel...etc etc......

but i really only did it for a couple of reasons....

1 full time wrestlin...6 shows a week!

2 £45 a show!

3 3 hours of training by danny collins befor each show

4 laught at orig wobble like a chimp when he walks!:D

his commentry is kinda funny too....on 3 ocastions he discribed me on the mic as a veritable brick s*** [EDITED] house!!...lol....in frount of loke 200-400 kids....lol...

ol uncle orig....leagend

No swearing

While on your travels, do you experience by any chance the might of the spelling and grammer dictionary :?

Edited by Cactus Jack

Guest Dean Douglas
Originally posted by Cactus Jack

While on your travels, do you expericence by any chance the might of the spelling and grammer dictionary :?

Take your own advice and look up "irony". ;)

this is one of the things i dont like about forums....

people who complain about other peoples spelling....ya dont like it so what!....ya cant read it move on!....GET OVER IT!....

i can see what i was getting across in my post so there should not be a problem!....

i never clamed to

1)be an english teacher

2)be any good at spelling...

sorry about the swearing by the way...totaly forgot about the strickness....(comes from posting tomany times on the UKFF...ha ha ha)

please dont take this as an arugument.....just a point being made!..lol

:xyx

i dont understand...

1) why arent these groups sued by wwf for using their trademarked names.

2) why are they not sued for false advertising. They advertise having rob van dam taker etc but they deliver joe bloggs from grimsby in a dodgy suit.

Amazing how british fans support these bull sh!t organisations instead of a group with their own identity and a chance of getting on tv.

And people wonder why uk wrestling isnt on tv. Lets take wrestling out the friggin circus style these people want to keep it in.

Guest nWo Hogan

This isn't exactly about tribute shows but is about how badly misleading some Uk promotions are (namely All-Star, certainly in the early nineties).

They always advertised guys like Giant Haystacks etc and several UK big names and then you'd turn up and the card would be completely different with totally different guys. I used to attend several shows in Portsmouth when I was a kid and it was terrible on reflection: British Bushwacker,Donk The Clown. The Legend of Doom,UK Earthquake,UK Undertake, total WWF parodies.

They did do something right though (although it was still very misleading). they said the British Bulldog was going to be at the show (this was around 91-92). sure enough on the day of the event it was sold out, the music played and out came.....................The Dynamite Kid. i didn't mind this as he was my favourite. The crowd felt short changed and pissed off though as they'd expected davey Boy, half the crowd had never heard of the Dynamite Kid and only knew about DBS because he was on telly every week. DK appeared on several more shows, often with Johnny Smith and I enjoyed it. I apprecate it even more now considering it was like his final run in wrestling and the fact that I got to see a Legend. On reflection looking back he looked terrible physically and probably had a physique smaller than mine now but at least i got to see him.

Im not sure what ALL-Star are like now but i think they are a misleading bunch of so and so's who used to con kids. My mate got conned a few years back when the Undertaker was advertised (this was during his ring absence leading up to Summerslam in the Undi V Undi 2 match, so his appearance seemed possible). The music was wrong, a guy looking nothing like Mark calloway came down, he was about 6ft, 150 lbs, and to cap it all off he was wearing a long haired wig (seriously), which came off during the match to the guys embarrassment. My mate was very dissapointed.

Outrageous!

Guest stealth
they should ALL be banned for 1, bull s$%*&g the young fan's into beleiving thet there hero's are going to be there and 2, takin money out the hand of true british tallent.:evil

Now i've never been to a tribute show BUT, what if a proper uk fed is no where near you and a tribute comes to a hall close by. You all find itvery easy to knock but really there just putting on a show, the calibire may be rock bottom but if it's all you've got then why not go .

I'm sorry, but English people just cannot say they don't have genuine shows to go to...

Football fans travel 100's of miles, yet wrestling fans grumble about 20!

I'd do my geographical rundown of the English scene again, but I just can't be bothered. :)

A while ago, a tribute show was posted in the local press in Newcastle, the poster Read.. KANE.. Bush Wackers and so on, not one place on that advert did it say these were not the genuine article. I knew they were not, but my Mother who splashed out nearly £50 on some tickets, to take my son to what she thought was the real deal did not... this to me is blatent exploitation I would not mind my son came back and said kane is not that small, and how totally rubbish it was. I took him to his first independant show on Saturday, to the IWF and you know what he loved it, he said it was the best wrestling he had ever seen. The childs ticket was £5, and he saw real wrestlers, wrestle, not fakes dressed in WWF costumes.