RHCP in Hyde Park, 19th June!

I saw RHCP yesterday at Hyde Park, and it was worth every penny of the £80 we paid for the gold tickets. I was right at the front, and when I say right at the front, I mean 1st row, behind the guard rail. Here's how it went:

First support, Chicks on Speed, someone behind me told me that they were crap and got booed off stage from Manchester, but I had no idea. It was quite funny, and to be honest, the Chillies don't deserve to have someone like that support them. They got bottled and booed off stage ages before they were meant to finish, thank god.

Second support, the Godfather of Soul, James Brown. Great performance, even though I don't like his music much, my mum enjopyed it. And I have nothing to say about him.

RHCP, these guys were funkin awesome. They played lots of classic, a cover of an old song they used to listen to, and a few newies, which means new album possibly. Flea was on our side, and I got a few good pics of him, although my phone's camera is crap. Then John came round our side, he smiled at me, I think, but that was because I was grovelling I think ;)

When they played Californication, John came to our side and sat down, they had a spotlight on him though, so the pictures weren't great, but he looks like a lil angel in the ones that I have got.

We waited from 1pm, legged it to the front of the line when people started to move and got in the first row, I was shocked to say the least. I found out something about myself too, I didn't know I could stay on my feet for 9 1/2 hours straight! I didn't want it to finish, and was disappointed when it did.

Highlights: When we bottled Chicks on Speed of stage.

Flea playing the trumpet.

Watching the Harry Potter people headbang. (Daniel Radcliffe was there)

Seeing the Chilies play.

My advice, if you get the opportunity to go, even if you don't like them. Go!!!

As an after though, Flea made a funny comment about George Bush and Tony Blair.

"I was reading the Daily Herald today, and it turns out George Bush and Tony Blair are homosexual lovers."

To many cheers and laughs, he later added:

"By that, I don't mean any disservice to the gay community."

Good show guys, thanks for the memories. Anyone else go and like to share there views and comments? People who go today have fun. God, I think this was my longest ever post!

I know it's not my place to question how acts are booked and I know that times and therefore pecking orders are subject to change, but even so did no-one else think it seemed wrong to have James Brown doing a support slot for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers? I'm not saying that the Red Hot Chilli Peppers aren't a big act, but James Brown as a support act? That's weird, at least I think it is.

Not that I'm slightly miffed at having turned down the chance to see the Red Hot Chilli Peppers before it was announced that James Brown would be supporting them or anything like that. :P