Pre Or Post Attitude

Jack

Pre Or Post Attitude?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pre Or Post Attitude?

• Pre Attitude
    • Post Attitude
    • Neither/Both as much

OK I was wondering if you split the WWE up since the Attitude era which is your favourite? Is it before Attitude or after?

For me I have got to go for befoe because it was simple fantastic. It was mor eentertainment back then and more fun now you have too many divas (not that im complaining :lol) nut now it isnt wrestling at all. Back then you had your faces and your heels and that was it. You didnt have all these serious storylines like women getting pregnant or necrophilia. When guys like Hogan came down you now he was going to do good and when Ric Flair came down he was going to do something bad. WWF was simple and I liked it.

Which do you prefer?

Post Attitude for me, it was absoultely fantasic, and with the WCW there as said on the Monday Night War DVD it brought out the best in the creative mind of Vince McMahon, i loved every thing about the Attitude Era, wrestling wise from Austin/McMahon to Taker/Kane were great and then you have Foley taking all sorts of bumps, and the classic interviews and comedy value you get with Stone Cold, Chris Jericho and The Rock. I cant fault anything at all, well apart from the angle with Val Venis getting his penis cut off :lol. Edited by MARTIN316V1

Post attitude for me for the match quality overall... thats what I mostly watch wrestling for and its been better...

The moves are better, the gimmick matches more inventive... the matches longer and more competive and real.... and no Hogan, well not as much.

And post attitude gave use Chris Benoit and Eddie as champs! A breakthrough for the smaller more talented wrestler!

I think the best era was the attitude era, though thats not what this is all about, so I will go for pre- attitude. Having recently just dug out all my old fed tapes, and also having picked up a load more at car boots, I have been re-living my childhood... and oh what good days they were. Yes there was the odd cheesy moments, but the quality of the wrestling was fantastic!!!! Back then most razzlers made the whole thing look VERY realistic. Far more realistic than today. (if you dont believe me... go out there and pick up an old tape, and give it a look.) Mind you back then they hadnt really admitted it was all fake, so maybe the razzlers had to work harder to sell the matches. Bareing that in mind, does that mean wrestling has lost the high level of quality, and taken the easy route??????

Before Attitude wrestling was actually fun. I enjoyed Giant Gonzales because you never expected him to lose because he was so big and then you had the face fight and beat him. It was awesome. I didnt care about match quality but it was the person who was wrestling who made the match good. Everything about WWF ruled like Hogan and Andre The Giant but now wrestling has been ruined with the storylines.

well it depends what yeard you define as Attitude eras which to be honest I wupuld say 89-99 were the attitude eras, 2000-2001 was a new more entertaining era, 2001 was the invasion era, 2002 the rebuilding era and 2003 was the consolidatiation era lol and now we get 2004 the shit era.

For me Id would say that from 2000 up until about WrestleMania x8 was the best era as I think they had a lot of quality stuff going on then although I often find myself watching attutide era stuff and idneed 2003 tapes now

Fed Years for Boyo,

I just like the classic heroes and villains - and none of this pregnancy and retards and worst of all, predictability.

My word I HATE the fact that you can find out exactly why some dud isn't going towin a particular match, because he's entering into a programme later this month with some other guy and then they're making a tag-team, only to split up in time for Summerslam, etc etc.

In the Fed Years I had no idea what was going to happen next. I was also 12 years old.

Cheers!

I just like the classic heroes and villains - and none of this pregnancy and retards and worst of all, predictability.

In the Fed Years I had no idea what was going to happen next.

I wholeheartedly agree BrotherBrotherBrother. Why can't we go back to a time when storylines developed over a longer period of time, not just started at one ppv to be blown off at the next.

Also, back in the Fed days, wrestlers moved around to keep from getting stale and to be able to re-invent themselves. I could be a heel in Tennessee and a face in Florida. It happened all the time. BUT... when I came back to Tennessee I needed to have a reason for being a face now, or continue being a heel as fans didn't forgive or forget easily and that history, which took time to build, was considered.

And as someone else here at TWO pointed out a couple of weeks ago, a wrestlers personal history, feuds and accomplishments, are wiped away if they change their gimmick even a little. If I hated someone for putting me through a table 6 months ago I'm still going to hate them now. If you, the guy who cost me my IC title last year, want me to be your tag partner now, or help you stop the NWO, or whatever, we need a reconciliation. I can't just show up next week as your best friend and tag partner.

These days gimmicks are put on and shed again like dirty sockos.

wrestlers personal history' date=' feuds and accomplishments, are wiped away if they change their gimmick even a little. If I hated someone for putting me through a table 6 months ago I'm still going to hate them now. If you, the guy who cost me my IC title last year, want me to be your tag partner now, or help you stop the NWO, or whatever, we need a reconciliation. I can't just show up next week as your best friend and tag partner.[/quote']

I totally agree partner. Rivalries meant something. Even as a fan, I still hold a grudge on some of Randy Savage's old rivalries (for example I hate Dusty Rhodes and George Steele and I guess I can say I've forgiven Hogan) Any way, the fueds were there and they stuck. Did you see Savage team up with Rhodes or Steele after that? No. Today, after they had a bitter battle, they would have a tag match together on the same team the next week.

Don't get me wrong. I like the story lines of today, but it's more of a soap opera than anything. Yeah, I prefer the glory days of PRE-attitude.

Good thread jackbibby, however I think alot of the TWO members are too young to have truely apprieciated the old federation days. To us old school WWF and WCW fans, God Bless us and never forget why your a fan today.

Good thread jackbibby' date=' however I think alot of the TWO members are too young to have truely apprieciated the old federation days. To us old school WWF and WCW fans, God Bless us and never forget why your a fan today.[/quote']

Absolutely BrotherBrotherBrother o' mine. :thumbsup