W101 Poll Results: Who was the best promoter AND wrestler?

Kam

Here are the poll results from Wrestling 101's Int. Scene section:

Who was the best promoter AND wrestler?

Antonio Inoki 72.22 % (13)

Shohei 'Giant' Baba 27.78 % (5)

Total votes: 18

New poll question: Which (rumoured or official) fight at UFC 48 in August are you looking forward to most?

Go vote: Wrestling 101 - Int. Scene

:xyx

I think their going off wrestler rather then promotion... has to be said as well that NJPW was more successfull in the boom times then All Japan even if All Japan had the slighly better matches....

Inoki was the better wrestler in my view... and for money making then he is as well... for booking superb wrestling matches then All Japan and Baba but it was more driven by what happened in the ring... NJPW did alot out of the ring.

I haven't seen Inoki wrestle proper, i have just seen a couple of his crappy worked shoot exhibitions he has done (beat a Gracie? Inoki? Never!), so i would have to swing with Baba for wrestling and promoting. The quality of matches done by All Japan in the mid to late 90's just destroys almost everything ever done by New Japan.

Yuji vs Mirko... hilarity ensues.

Inoki's obsession with shoot fighting really doesn't do him any favours. At least Vince got the message after the brawl for all. Still, maybe one of these days there'll be a wrestler who doesn't get his ass handed to him.

And come on, he may have been the better wrestler but he put the belt on Yasuda of all people. That's minus several million points right there.

What made me laugh, was the fact Yugi got destroyed in a shoot fight, and then, just as his popularity went up again, he got put in another one...

Inoki's one hour draw with Fujinami was beautiful... but he should have put Fuji over...

The in-ring booking of All Japan under Baba yeah I'd have to agree was far better but the playing of the media and hyping to draw a crowd was better in NJPW...

As for Nagata he wanted to do it... he needed to see if he could perform in that enviroment against a fighter who had actually beaten Cro Crop... He got kicked in but he tried same with Takayama and the Japanese fans love them for it...

Notice how Fujita wins but he isn't as over as either of them?