Roonaldo Strikes!

.sixtythree.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owen did well for the first goal but apart from that he was rather annonymous. Vassell looked very lively, as he has done any time I've seen him play for England.

I feel they will need to up the performance against Croatia as they only really turned it on after the Swiss were down to ten men. England are capable of a much better showing and I'd expect them to get through.

It wasn't the tightest of performances, but they won it out-right, so I applaud them.

Owen's really lost his spark - I think Rooney stole it, along with the guys watch and car. lol. Robson's senile, but as a Newcastle supporter, you learn to warm to him.

Did you hear him when he was p-o'd that no one was calling for the ball? "Right, who wants it... Okay, who wants it now... Now who wants it!" It had me laughing.

I was watching the game, and England weren't too bad. That being said, the Swiss are probably the second worse side at Euro 2004. Then I heard some moron for ITV say "Now you'll all want to be supporting France tonight, because if they win we only need a draw next Monday. Come on, you can do it".

Click. Off goes the TV.

Try not to get too carried away. It was a good performance that'll help raise morale in the side after THE BEST GAME EVER, but England will need to beat a lot better teams if they want to progress to the final of the tournament.

Jammy B******s

Care to elaborate on that vastly useful contribution to the thread? And while you're at it, please explain how winning 3-0 is 'jammy'.

Criticism of England when they don't play as well as they should do I can accept (see Russ's and Crippler's posts), but mindless insults are just stupid, and completely undermine any serious comments you might make in the future.

It wasn't the best England display but it was certainly the result that mattered, especially after ''THE BEST MATCH EVER'' (childish, I agree). The fact is we got the job done despite sloppy passing and never really looking confident on the ball.

The worst thing that can happen now is for us to underestimate the Croatians. The media tends to do this all too often, its important for the players not to go down the same route. We're a good team with some of the best players in the world but certainly not above being beat as 'The Sun' would sometimes have you believe.

Care to elaborate on that vastly useful contribution to the thread? And while you're at it, please explain how winning 3-0 is 'jammy'.

Criticism of England when they don't play as well as they should do I can accept (see Russ's and Crippler's posts), but mindless insults are just stupid, and completely undermine any serious comments you might make in the future.

Switzerland were all over England. Rooney's 2nd Goal was lucky, It wasnt a Red Card for there player, therefore England were Jammy. And the reason it was so short as i was writing something and seen the time and was wanting to watch the begging of the France/Croatia Match, to see if Croatia would lighten up my day which obviously aint gonna happen now :)

Edited by MARTIN316V1

Grow up matey. You have to give credit when its due. You slagged us all of for the france game, but we deserved to win today. Just because they had someone sent of does not entitle them to a win.

We would have been jammy if, they had goals ruled out, or penalty decisions turned away. They didnt test our keeper, and we took our chances. We didnt deserve to lose, and maybe 3-1 would have been a more fair reflection on the game.

What a load of crap! What match were you watching? We were not battered, and we definately had more than 3 shots, your just talking crap and can't even admit that it was a good win for england even though WE ADMIT we didn't play too well.

lol you make me laugh with them comments. We dont think.. when i saw we, i mean us english fans on this forum do not think we are the best. We obviously didnt do sh*t because we won 3-0, and it was a comfortable match. We didnt have to try hard, we didnt have any goalscoring chances against us, so how you can say we got battered is beyond me. It wasnt the best english performance, but we didnt get battered. We sat back in the sun.. and had abit of fun :D

England played poorly and they won.

In the Premiership the panelists often say that a team who can win even when they are playiung badly will always do well.

Interesting point really.

Oh and all the petty ignorant fools with a blind narrow minded hatred for the English football. Actually put together a WORTHWHILE arugment before slagging us off will you. I get tired of reading all the crap written around here lately about how we think we are the best. We dont think we are the best but we know we are capable of winning the tournament along with about 6 or 7 other teams. Thats not being egotistical its just being realistic.