that little old footie tournament

charlie

I gotta say it never ceases to amaze me just how damn stupid our fans are sometimes. We always have to be the ones who cause trouble because we take this "GAME" so seriously.

I'm all for patriotism but sometimes it makes me ashamed to be English when we have fans like those ruining it for the ones who actually do just want to enjoy a good game and have some fun.

I just wish UEFA had the balls to kick out England (or any offending sets of fans) from Euro 2004 after hinting that they would do that. There's already been trouble, with fans sent to prison and being deported, but nothing is getting done.

Surely even England fans would have to agree with me in saying that it would be worth missing out on one tournament in order to seriously erradicate any future violence from their fans?

I was in manchester centre on the night of England France. It was a disgrace, and absolute disgrace. Was fine, everyone cheering and drinking beer. Half time.. there were bloody riots everywhere. As soon as the second half came back on, everyone was joking drinkin together again. Then bang, final whistle and police everywhere hitting people.. drunks walking down the street taking their anger out on innocent people passing them in the street. It was pretty scarey actually.

I just wish UEFA had the balls to kick out England (or any offending sets of fans) from Euro 2004 after hinting that they would do that. There's already been trouble, with fans sent to prison and being deported, but nothing is getting done.

Surely even England fans would have to agree with me in saying that it would be worth missing out on one tournament in order to seriously erradicate any future violence from their fans?

And what about Turkey? And didn't the German and Dutch fans get up to no good the other day? But as per usual, it is apparantly only English fans that can do such nasty deeds, and only the English actions get news coverage.

I think its a shame but its the usual countries who get up to it. Just seems to mainly be elements of the Turkish, English and Dutch fans. Although normally the Dutch International fans are ok and its normally fighting back in Holland between Feyenoord and Ajax fans.

It's a big shame to see it at Euro 2004 as the atmosphere seemed quite friendly. Not very unpredictable though, unfortunately.

You know people are moaning about it ruining their holidays?!?!

The event was announced as being held in Portugal what? 4 years ago or something, so anyone with half a brain would know the score and keep away if only for the traffic and congestion and other problems... like nutters

Same with Athens and the Olympics, I wouldn't go there this year, there's been a bomb already about a month ago...

You wanna good holiday in Europe? Go to Prague, its lovely this time of year and a great city, I also recommend St Petersburg now and the South of France...

Never go to a country hosting a major sporting event during it... thats just insame, and if your stupid enough to do it don't moan, its common knowledge!

Apparently the FA have hired a lawyer to fight their case if they get thrown out. It would be pretty harsh if we do get thrown out, the reason is that the fighting isn't actually happening at the games, that seems to have been eradicated this year, unfortunately as it's being held in Portugal theres a bunch of Fake Burberry Cap wearing twats knocking around on the Algarve wanting to cause trouble after the games.

Theres not really much that can be done about it, everyone whos been convicted of football hooliganism in the past has had their passport taken away for the duration of the tournament. The FA can, to an extent, control who goes to the matches, and the police can take measures at matches to prevent trouble, but how are they to control who decides to take a 3 week break in the Algarve?

It really is ridiculous and I hate it because it gives us all a bad name, in the World Cup it was fine, the reason was because these scumbags couldn't afford to travel to Japan.

It isn't just England, it's the Turks, the Dutch and the Germans aswell, and of course the Portugese have been getting their licks in too this year.

theres a bunch of Fake Burberry Cap wearing twats knocking around on the Algarve .

:worship :worship :lol :worship :worship

Its true they went there 'to go on holiday'.... yeah right, are the government that stupid? "A bunch of yobs are going to Portugal for a holiday in the south Tony... is it ok to let them go? There already packed..."

"Sure, sure but remember to get them to wear sun cream, wouldn't want them to burn"

You can just imagine it now...

Idiots.