Greece!!!!!

Omen

Anyone else belive that Greece could go and top Group A i mean they have beat Portugal and drew with Spain and Russia our out and havn't won a game so the will proberbly win so i have a feeling that Greece will top group A. Also i have Greece in my office sweepstakes and if they win then i get £10 but if there runners up i get £6 i just want them in the final :xyx
  • Like 1

I'm telling you now - Portugal are going out on Sunday. They are probably the most unimpressive, most decorated side in this tournament. Good GOD they're bad.

Portugal lost to Greece and struggled for 40 minutes against Russia's 10 men. Spain are going to battle them off the pitch.

Portugal have got Figo, Deco and Christiano Ronaldo. The remaining players are uninspiring, over-rated predictable shmucks. They are piss-poor and they wouldn't have qualified for this tournament if it was being played in another country.

Spain will have their way with them.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Yeah right BRM... you'd love him at Burnley...

Rui Costa for me has always been along with Totti and will always be an overrated player whose been around good players who make him look good...

Greece will top the group for me and its great considering since they've never won a game in a tournement before last saturday...

He isnt pants.. he is an absolutely fantastic player. And im not just saying that because he plays for united. When hes on the ball you know he is going to do something special. When he came on against greece, Portugal definately stepped up the game because of him. He was making runs at them, getting past them, delivering some good passes/crosses and even got the goal. Its a shame Portugals strikers are 'Pants' though, for example Pauleta, because he hasnt done anything! He should be replaced.

If Ronaldo starts, and Deco and Figo and Simao play to their best i can see Portugal getting a win. I dont think they are as bad as everyone thinks, and ill be gunning for them against Spain.

If Ronaldo plays it will be instead of Simao on the left... Figo will play wide right, Deco and Constintia and Maniche will play centre midfield and Nuno Gomes for me should be upfront...

Rui Costa and Simao are overrated... Spain are looking a bit haggard as well... Raul ain't really playing well nore Morenties... its only Vicente and Joaquim who are really impressing me at the moment...

Two substitute appearences, one conceding a penalty, doesn't really constitute player of the tournament merit for Boyo.

Wayne Rooney is up there, as is Zlatan, as is Zidane. Actually, I'd choose Zidane over anyone else so far.

Special mention goes to Wilhelmson of Sweden and Kevin Kuranyi of Germany - both have done far more effective work than Christiano Ronaldo the Michael Flatley wannabe - however impressive his two sub appearences have been.

Will admit that C-Ronaldo has earned himself a start, though.

Cheers!

i must say Italy played wel tonight and did and england when conceding very late on, as an italy fan i must say i was unhappy with the way it was conceded after italy should have wrpped the match up long ago. Still Italy seem better without Totti and Gatusso was on form

I disagree with Boyo on this one i think Ronaldo has been nothing short of brilliant. He hasnt played a lot but when he has he has been a massive spark for Portugal and if they did play him for a full game he would be a vital part of the team.

Ok so maybe my comments were far from constructive, however i do feel that ronaldo is to continue with his game in the premiership then he will have to develop his game. Unlike giggs he does'nt run at player and the defence turning there back on the ball and he can't cross a ball like beckham.

Yes he is the king of the step over but in time defensive player will work him out and watch the ball and not his feet.

Maybe i'm being harsh the guys younger than me for god's sake but at work the man united fan proclaim as if he was the 2nd coming well we'll wait and see.

Nah wouldn't say he's the second coming.... that was Eric Cantona....

I agree his final ball is inconsistant and needs work but hell he's still young and maybe with experience he'll elimanate the problem from his game.

At this point though with England most likely finishing second if they get past Croatia, I would rather play the Greeks... Spain or Portugal if they survive will only get stronger as the tournement goes on... but any game will still be really hard.

Yes i would agree you don't want to be playing portugal or spain yet. Portugal are the only team that could outnumber England with fans maybe spain but the national team is not the best supported team I went to see them paly the Ukraine last september and the groung was only a quater full.

Greece however are a team that England would not take ligtly after Old Trafford a few years back. You would have to fancy the english but lets not get ahead of ourselves and do what we need to do on monday evening.

Well what do you know Greece have gone and beaten the favorites.

It was'nt pretty to watch but but Greece had a gameplan and that has easily got to be the upset of the 2 weeks. Hopefully they won't get any futher as i'm for Sweden to win.

All I can say is they've never won a game in a championship before and then do something England haven't managed to do.... Beat Portugal and France.... Now thats humbling for us English.

I hope they get to the final and beat Portugal again for the biggest laugh I'll have all year... Saying that I still think this is the Czech's tournement.