Overall Greatest WWE PPV

Edge1

I was just thinking everybody in other threads has criticised and complimented various WWE PPV's for what they like and what they disliked about the PPV In your opinion what has been the best overall PPV event and what is it about that PPV that you liked the most.

This may come as a strange choice for some but one of the best PPV i've seen has to be Fully Loaded 2000 this is where The Rock Vs Chris Benoit for the WWE title there were other great matches on the card such as Rikishi Vs Val Venis in a steel cage match and Triple H Vs Chris Jericho in a Last Man Standing Match

Thats mine so whats yours?

Has to be WrestleMania X-Seven for me..Solid Card from top to bottom.

Rock vs Austin = Classic

Taker vs HHH = Pretty Good

Vince vs Shane = Great

TLC 2 = Great

Angle vs Benoit = Good

Raven vs Kane vs Show = Top Stuff

Jericho vs Regal = Decent

Chyna vs Ivory = Crap

APA/Tazz vs RTC = Emmm Ok

Eddie vs Test = Good

Gimmick Battle Royal = Crap but just seeing the legends there is what it was for

So without a doubt its WrestleMania X-Seven for me

Edited by MARTIN316V1

WrestleMania VI from the Toronto SkyDome, April 1, 1990!

Nothing can or ever has matched the importance or antisipation of Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior for me. Plus, I LOVE huge arenas/domes.

Not only that, but every single match on the card had a reason pretty much, it just seemed like a huge, important event and my two all time favorite wrestlers were in the main event, title vs title! AWESOME!

Edited by The Beltster

Survivor Series 2001-Winenr Takes all no doubt the greatest ppv i ever did see.

Edge vs Test

Dudleyz vs Hardyz

Immunity Battle Royale

Womens 6 pack title match

The winner takes all main event

and loads more which i cant remember lol but i do remember i loved the ppv more than any other ever

Another One Of My Faves

Just to add another one of my fave PPV No Mercy 1999 another PPV like the ones already mentioned had pretty much everything a classic ladder match between the Hardys (known as the New Brood then) and Edge and Christian the Main Event Stone Cold Vs Triple H was ok but otherwise great PPV only thing that was disappointing about this PPV was the end of the Main Event the whole Sledgehammer thing

WrestleMania VI from the Toronto SkyDome, April 1, 1990!

Nothing can or ever has matches the importance or antisipation of Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior for me. Plus, I LOVE huge arenas/domes.

Not only that, but every single match on the card mad a reason pretty much, it just seemed like a huge, important event and my two all time favorite wrestlers were in the main event, title vs title! AWESOME!

100% agreed with that. Simply the best match ever in my opinion, which made it the best PPV because that match was so good

WWF In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - Brilliant.

Agreed! This PPV was totally awasome, one of the very few PPV's where there was not one bad match on the card.

HHH vs. Mankind was great

Taka vs. The Great Sasuke was awsome, one of the brief stints were the WWE actually used the light heavyweights in a proper way.

Undertaker vs. Vader. In my opionion one of Vader's better matches in the WWF, he was actually used as he should have been. And Taker was on the ball as well.

The Hart Foundation (Bret and Owen Hart, Jim Niedhart, Davey Boy Smith, and Brian Pillman) defeated Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust, and The Legion of Doom. What a match!, very strange to see the faces get booed, the heat was just totally awasome.

Vengence was the best of the split pay per views so far I think... I really enjoyed Kidaman v WGTT thats was an amazing match... Even Vince v ZG was better then I expected...

Unforgiven was let down by two things... Shane McMahons ego and Triple H's groin injury slowing the pace of the main event... Apart from that it was ok.

Mania X-7 was the best but 12 and 13 had killer main events

Wrestlemania 12

Bret Hart Vs Shawn Michaels(Last Man Standing)

Wrestlemania 13

Bret Hart VS Steve Austin(Submission)

both classics but the rest of there cards where ok or sucked

Call it the "old school" coming out in me, but I personally liked WM3 alot. It was one of the most historical WM's ever and it had some pretty decent matches, including one of the best of all time... the Intercontinenal Championship Match between Randy "Macho Man" Savage and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat. A classic.

I also enjoyed the first ever Survivor Series which took place I think that same year or a year later. Awesome teams on each side in each match. Including a Tag Team match that had 5 Tag Teams on each side. That's 10 actual Tag Teams people, not just two singles wrestlers thrown together like it is today. Incredible Survivor Series.

They may not be the "greatest WWF/E PPV" ever, but they are among my favorites.