R*H*C*P Concert

Just wondering if anyone else went to see the red hot chilli peppers last night in the Phoenix Park Dublin? I went and I had to start a thread to tell anyone thats never seen them live that if you ever get the chance, you should beg, borrow or steal to go! My day had its ups and downs but when the chilli's finally came on stage it made all the crap worth it! for starters I was so happy when i got into the concert site as i was allowed into the mosh pit but two seconds later was told there was no room and id have to go to the second pit. That wasnt too bad Y'know, I could deal with that, then when we were standing at the barrier the security guard starts shouting at the guy standing next to us. At first I didnt know what the problem was, then the reality dawned on me. The guy had pissed on the security guards bag through the barrier Eugh!!! and to make matters worse my bottle of Fanta (no endorsement intended) was on the ground beside the guards bag. needless to say i didnt finish it. Then I was getting so badly crushed against the barrier that I had to be carried over the barrier. BUT! This happened to be the saving grace of the day because i tiptoed my way into the mosh pit and from there I had a fantastic view of the best band in the world! Few bad points were that Anthony got pelted with a tennis ball flung from the crowd, and John Frusciante for his troubles, got a football in the chest that nearly knocked the guitar out of his hands! But all in all this was the best concert ive ever been to and i wouldnt hesitate to go again and again, id advise anyone to do the same :xyx anyone at the concert yesterday? anyone seen them live elsewhere? all comments welcome! Edited by peoples eyebrow

Yeah, I was there and it was just the best gig imaginable. I've loved these guys since I was 11, but due to circumstances, this was the first time I've seen them live. Absolutely amazing. They play with so much energy. I was in the mosh pit as well, had a perfect view and hopefully some good photos. I'd advise anyone who ever gets the chance to see them live to take it. The fans who are going to see them in Manchester, London, Edinburgh and Cardiff are in for a real treat

Yeah' date=' I was there and it was just the best gig imaginable. I've loved these guys since I was 11, but due to circumstances, this was the first time I've seen them live. Absolutely amazing. They play with so much energy. I was in the mosh pit as well, had a perfect view and hopefully some good photos. I'd advise anyone who ever gets the chance to see them live to take it. The fans who are going to see them in Manchester, London, Edinburgh and Cardiff are in for a real treat[/quote']

So did you see the balls thrown at the band and the guy that jumped on stage, what was your take on this. I personally was ashamed because im a huge fan and i was mortified when they got hit. I went to enjoy myself listen to great music and support one of my favourite bands not pelt them! It really pi**es me off that some people have to act like a**holes no matter where they go. Hope i dont sound like a granny but I hate that kinda thing. whats your view E2K. oh by the way your mon capitane pour la quiz ha!

So did you see the balls thrown at the band and the guy that jumped on stage' date=' what was your take on this. I personally was ashamed because im a huge fan and i was mortified when they got hit. I went to enjoy myself listen to great music and support one of my favourite bands not pelt them! It really pi**es me off that some people have to act like a**holes no matter where they go. Hope i dont sound like a granny but I hate that kinda thing. whats your view E2K. oh by the way your mon capitane pour la quiz ha![/quote']

Ah oui, l'equipe jerichoholique! :D

Yeah, bit pissed off, especially when the football hit John, cos it hit him really hard. But then I should've expected it considering the average age of the crowd was 15 and most of them were pissed by half eleven in the morning. Not me though, I kept my senses and enjoyed the gig immensely, right next to the stage :thumbsup

On the subject of RHCP, can I just ask how much credibility the Kerrang advert loses with people headbanging to them? Seriously - it looks so wrong. RHCP just don't seem a band you can mosh to. Not in any serious way like at Slipknot, Deftones, Korn, LostProphets, etc.

Yeah I agree with you, wouldnt consider them the same genre as slipknot etc, but on the subject of magazines losing the plot whats with Q having the sugababes in it every issue and winning awards when the time comes around. i didnt think that was a pop magazine, surely smash hits is the place for them?

Sugababes are kinda in a genre of their own. Yeah, they are pop, but they've got a kinda unique sound that I can see a magazine like Q picking up on. It's not really a rap magazine either but Eminem is there too, cas he's different, and unique to his genre.