Reccomendations

Guest Tomc2488

Guest Tomc2488

Hey

I'm new to the whole Puro thing but I've seen Super J Cup 94 which was excellent.

I'm up for some more so can anyone reccomend any good events I could buy?

Cheers.

Sure....I'll give you a afew of my faves...

WAR: Super J-Cup '95 - If you liked the first J-Cup, then you'll like the second one. Not as good as the previous year's event but it's still a fine show.

MPW: 'These Days' - Boasts one of the finest tag bouts you'll ever see. 5 star calibre stuff, needs to be seen...

MPW: 'Live' - Has a typically good Kaientai DX tag match on offer as well as a really good main event between Sasuke and TAKA Michinoku (TAKA'S farewell match before departing to the WWF). Lol, there's even an Undertaker/Shinzaki (Hakushi) match tucked away on the undercard.

There are plenty more but I can't think of them right now because my brain is scrambled. (Barcelona lost.....I am sad). As you can probably guess, MPW takes pride of place in my Puro collection and I can't think of much else right now. Maybe I'll come back to this topic tomorrow....

All the Super J Cups are great.

Got a few AJPW Champions Carnivals and they're always a pretty good bet. Guys like Misawa/Omori/Kobashi/Akiyama/Vader etc etc.

Once you've seen a few and get to know the guys by name you'll be able to make decisions on what you want to see. Depends what you're looking for though really. Anything from FMW, hardcore Japanese equivalent to ECW (but don't be expecting it to be too similar), right through to AJPW/NOAH/NJPW which have awesome matches.

Recomendations

A good Puro tape to get for your first is NJPW's 25th year anniversary tape. The verbiage is in Japanese, but the whole tape very self-explanatory.

The tape excellent hightlights why NJPW is such a history-steeped promotion. The tape is in sections, such as the UWFI influence, Karl Gotch's years in the promotion, and the formation of the company (and founders' Antonio Inoki's early matches). The tape also has some brutal MMA matches on it. And the tape has highlights of the NWO international invasion too.