Should WWE introduce a new brand, maybe awake WCW the sleeping giant??

99cdenns

Well lets consider it for a minute.

Is the WWE struggling with their brands?? Well obviousy their never going to be in any real trouble because they have no real competition, I found it interesting VM saying that NWA's move to FOX will still provide no competition because WWE do entertainment and NWA do wrestling??

In my opinion both RAW and SD could be a lot better and a fresh promotion would do the world of good. Often, even though I live in the UK, I find myself more interested with the NWA product.

There would be quite considerably enough talent to start a new promo and if done properly this would be the best move for wrestling in a long time. I say bring back NITRO!!

Now this is my very first post so plz be gentle kids!!

Till the next time :thumbsup

WWE needs competition and it isnt getting it off TNA. Vince would gain more profit and both buisnesses would gain. Saying it would be pointless is pathetic really, as a fan I think WWE needs it and Im pretty sure a lot of other fans do too.

I don't think so, the competition between SD and Raw, is enough.

and yeah they are both from WWE, but you can't tell me, that the two shows dosn't want to be the best, so that is enough.

and I don't find WWE boring, right now RAW is the best, but SD is getting better, so if they can keep the level up at RAW and get SD up on the same level it's going to be great :D

no. are you because you can't se that the two is fighting to become the best show in WWE.

make sence that when a company got two shows, they are going to fight for becomming the best! the best shows gets the money and so on.

not the same kind of competition, as the would get from another company, but is still competition.

I just think that a new brand possible wcw and storyline it as not being a WWE company would be cool, perhaps even send Bischoff there!! saying that the writers would have 2 kill them cause Eric Bischoff cant run 10 yards let a lone a company!!

Original posted by 99cdenns

saying that the writers would have 2 kill them cause Eric Bischoff cant run 10 yards let a lone a company!!

What?

are you saying Eric Bischoff is a bad business man?

because that is just crazy talk, what he did for WCW, was turning it in to a money making machine.

u gotta be joking, in 2 years Bischoff did turn WCW in to the biggest wrestling company in the world but he had Turners cheque book in his back pocket. From 94 - 97 Bischoff robbed all of Vinces top talent excluding Shawn Michaels, Taker and he took Bret after Montreal and still he couldn't kill the WWF. They only knew the main event beyond that the matches were booked that night, the WCW used to take 65 talent 2 work a show and use 20. Finally why do you think the WWE creative team ignore him when he suggests things on RAW these days??

first off, turning a show that is about to go under, to give a major profit is impresive. not every busisness man that can do that.

second, you say he robbed all Vinces top talent, for him to rob them he must be a good busisness man. or else they would have stayed with Vince.

Maybe he dosn't have the best idears when it comes to wrestling, but so what? he is a business man. and RAW is the best show right now, that have to do somthing with him.

He was very close to kill WWF many times, vince says so him self. but yeah WWF did have the best wrestlers, and when the fans noticede that, it's hard to do anything about it.

Erics plan was to take all the allready well know wrestlers, and use them to become the biggeste, and so he did. he should just have invested in some young unknowed talent. but it's all ways easy to look back and be smart.

I see your point and yes the WCW did get close to killing WWF but they didn't and as for your point about talent keeping with Vince only the ones with loyalty considered staying like Bret for example, as soon as the money is waved under their nose most went like the lamb to the slaughter. As for you idea about Bischoff being a reason RAW is WWE's flagship thats utter crap. Talent like HHH, Benoint, Orton, Benjamin are the reson behind that (there are a lot of others but too long 2 mention).

Yeah I know, that Bischoff isn't the reason why RAW is the flagship. but seing as he is the GM, some of the credit must go to him.

but okay, money do make the world go round, and the fact that he had alot of money made it easier for him, but I still think Bischoff is a good busisness man :)

Bischoff made WCW great but it was when Russo joined that Russo ruined it. Bischoff is an incredible buisnessman for wrestling.

The way I see it there are two ways for wrestling to go because it does need competition.

1) Vince makes 4 proper shows a week, 2 for Smackdown and two for Raw to make it better. Not including the dire Heat and Velocity

2) A millionaire buys talent off WWE and makes a big company which Vince wouldnt allow. Or Vince could make ECW or WCW again.

Bischoff isn't an incredible business when it come to wrestling, money, top talent and a 2 hour tv slot is a winning formula before you start. VM is an incredible business man when it comes to wrestling.

And of course it's not long b4 Turner can start a new promotion rumours are 'feelers' have been sent to both Austin and Goldberg already!!

I disagree bro, I dont think Bischoff had a clue what would work and what wouldn't after all most of the talent from WCW said that Hogan had as much input in the creative direction of most of the fueds as Bischoff. Obviously the man had talent (not the term for a wrestler in this instance!!) because it does take talent to do what he did but the problem with WCW and EB was Eric ran out of ideas. The NwO gimmick was becoming stale etc get my drift??

That is exactly what the WWE needs right now. I know this is a shot in the dark here but they may just do it. THink about it they fired Johnny Nitro, right? THink about it. NITRO. Johnny NITRO. Does anyone else see where this is going? He was being trained by Bischoff to be a GM so he now has that inside knowledge. Or how about Heyman's new stable (Dangerous Alliance or ECW?).

WCWhat the hell? quite possibly the worst promotion i ever saw. it bored me to tears. tiny rings, poor pyro and jeff "freeking" jarrett and Diamond "dudley" page as main eventers? oh did i forget the greatest second generation superstar of them all. i give you david "pappas boy" flair.

WCW = RIP

Stereoscene, you are welcome to your opinion but come on thats a bit harsh, WCW was great in its day. Im not alone in that train of thought, I mean ok most of the time i would watch RAW and watch nitro during the ads when they were both on Sky but wcw was fu#king great.

SD is crap, there is talent there but not enough to carry a whole brand. Just look at this weekend for example, Raw was superb, it was better that a SD ppv. Now bringing back a wcw brand would totally rule, ok we would all know deep down that it is a sham but who cares, all of wrestling is a sham. Its the theatre that makes it so great, the drama, the cheesy storylines, ridiculous comebacks. We all know it and love it!

No.

WCW is dead. ECW is dead. Reviving them would be totally pointless. Everybody would know Vinny Mac would be running it, thus rendering it useless.

We all know how bad the Rumour Mill can be on these sort of subjects, but i did read in PowerSlam magazine (i think) that Paul Heyman had been asked to look at a feasability study for the return of an ECW style fed, supported through WWE.

With JR taking a "back seat" in the company recently could they be thinking of changing the direction of the industry again?

*for those of you who dont know J.R has become Vinny Mac's "special advisor" and a brown-noser has taken on his job as head of Talent Relations (ie the second most importnat job in WWE). A brown-noser who happens to be one of the few back-room staff that survived the sale of WCW (another was Arn Anderson)

Whether you call it WCW, ECW, ICW, or whatever, if its a Vince McMahon production it will be another Vince McMahon production, and be just like other Vince McMahon productions.

If you revive WCW and let WCW people run it, you're more likely to get a WCW product.