When you were a kid.....

Mookie922

I guess this doesn't pertain to U.S. wrestling, except for the fact that WWF/E wrestlers were the ones being mimmicked. I just was rummaging through home movies the other day, and when I was in high school me and my friends used to have wrestling matches, and tape them. We did the whole nine yards, entrances, theme music, belts. We played wrestlers theme music throughout the entire match (old wwf music cd's) and just mimmick the wrestlers music who we heard. I of course, was always the Nature Boy, Ric Flair. I would strut out in my bath robe and to the slow music and wooooo like Flair.

This may sound very stupid to you all, but I was wondering if any of you ever did this, and if you did, what wrestler did you more often times than not imitate???

Probably The Britsh Bulldog (my bro) and me Bret Hart (short end of the stick) I did the sharpshooter better than The Rock and I was about 5 :lol

Hulk Hogan too because he is my favourite wrestler and always will be and I could do his finisher which was about it for me.

Haha that is great. I figure me and my friends took things a little far, but man did we love it. By the way My Name is "Mookie" (nickname) I come around during summertime when I am back home working, so expect a lot more posts from this fan!

Cool another member who likes Kamala!! he was awesome :thumbsup

Wrestling with friends is great fun until someone elbows your balls and your down for about an hour! Wrestling on grass hurts, you get all kinds of grass marks on your legs that sting like hell! :lol

i was usually acting up as hbk or stone cold.

mind, in junior school i fancied myself as a technical wrestler and would often mimmick chris benoit. at lunch time we'd have hardcore battle royales on the field involving the entire year, and i was always making people tap out to a cross-face or walls of jericho. that was until a dude would come up behind you and nail you with a school bag for the pin. lol.

Part Jimmy Snuka, part Matt Hardy and part Lesnar (closest comparisson). When you think of it the first two never really flipped in a match so the splash and legdrop were about my only flying moves. The rest of my arsenal was power (can still do a great F5, lol).

I use to wrestle on a mat in school. was like 7-8 years old. we didn't knew any of the real wrestler, had just seen it at a friends house. but we went nuts, hurt like hell when you get throwen of the mat on to the hard floor. but was still fun :)

Bulldog... I did a mean running powerslam...

Later on in my teenage years when I was backyarding I took inspiration from Jericho, Mick Foley and D'Lo Brown...

Yes Russ if you read this I am also a D'Lo mark...

You like Puro AND D-Lo? STOP STEALING MY THOUGHTS!

Anyway, I never did a lot of wrestling when I was younger. The closest thing was when I won a table tennis tournament on my holidays in Spain, and had to collect the prize (a certificate for a free drink, wow!) before the big show started for that evening's entertainment.

I was was my last night on holiday, and I'd persauded a few brothers and sisters of my friends to buy me some pina coladas. They were too busy eating a hash pizza to care about being responsible adults, so I was wasted. When it came for me to collect my prize infront of hundreds of people, I walked up on stage with a D-Lo like bobble-head strut, did the thing D-Lo does before his legdrop (Arms in a Raven/crucifix style pose with pointing fingers, before wagging them above his head) then grabbed the microphone off of the poor German hostess, shouted "YOU BETTA RECOGNISE", grabbed my certificate and struted off.

I also wanted a chest protector for my birthday in 1998.

I used to wrestle my farther :) remember i often locked him in the sharpshooter and the fingerfore.

And i also has a large teddy bear me and my friend used to perform wrestelig moves on it ...like elbow drops and frogsplashes... he was very cool :D

Well I cant say I've been as far as filming it but me and my brothers used to play the music and do the whole entrance!! I was usually Bret Hart because I knew all the moves, especially the technical ones, my one brother was usually Kane or Taker because he was always taller and my other brother was every 1 but his favourite character was probably Stone Cold and at the end if my dad had any cans he would crack one open and celebrate!! It's quite funny really if we had mates over we would intefere with each others matches.

And when we used to put on our matches, back in the day kinda thing!! We found this skip that a factory had that was always used just for cardboard. So we would lay out all this cardboard and just have brawl after brawl after brawl only really deciding before hand who had to be a jobber!! The skip is a big one as well so Darren used to do the Kane clothesline from the top and which ever persona sean took he would do their move from the top turnbuckle.