What promotions from America have you seen and think will succeed?

The Vulcanized One

Guest Litas daughter
jericho i agree wih you but i'm more on the WWA's side .they would probably be the closest cmpetition to the WWF since they DO have most of the former WWF wrestlers and alo of pple might want to see whats goig on with them

• 2 weeks later...
If the WWA can get some TV and some regular wrestlers then maybe they could make a go of it. However, they do a "Sports Entertainment" style similar to the WWF and, rightly or wrongly, they'll be viewed as a cheap copy. Why watch an imitation when you can see the real thing?

• 1 month later...
Guest HoganFan
I'm hoping that both XWF and WWA do well. Apparently Greg The Hamer Valentine is lining up a TV deal....in any event, competetion is good all round, so let's hope they can provide it...

I think that both WWA and XWF have the potential. Yes, WWA does have alot of the former WWF wrestlers, but XWF also has it share of former WWF superstars. Also, with XWF acquiring Josh from last season's Tough Enough, that will only help with the rating and viewers. I see XWF to make a bigger impact on the wrestling community and get a TV deal long before WWA. If they both combine that would be an idea. I think that XWF will give the WWF more of the competition that it needs

The NWA could really make a go of it, they have Regional TV for all the territories and there's quite a lot of talent there...plus, they have the International reputation and history also.

OVW impressed me after one tape and I've heard good things about SCW in Florida also.

NWA has a few Promotions splattered around the USA do they not? They also have Hammerlock in the UK and promote in Japan also.

Majik and Conscience were recently on a Wildside taping, if anyone can get me the stuff...it was from the 16th of March or around then,

The NWA do have a history, but I think that their reputation has been damaged hugely over the years.

Turner buying NWA out and turning it into WCW.

The horrible NWA comeback under Jim Cornette in WWF a few years ago just made a mockery of the company.

And how many guys over the years have just dropped the belt, ran off with it, or decided they were going to call it something else.

However they are the one promotion, more than any other that I would love to see get big. As you've said they have Hammerlock over here, plus matches on cards all over the US, TV deals already in place regionally, and they have a company in Japan.

Would be great to see NWA become a big promotion with some serious financial backing, and put some tradition back into wrestling.

Guest HoganFan
Can't let this go without mentioning JCW, run by the Insane Clown Posse. They actually bill themselves as the worst tag team ever, and have crazy matches, such as those in the middle of deserts! How cool! Well played, boys.