Jump to content

Ring of Honor Split


Tajiri
 Share

Recommended Posts

--There is a split going down officially, as things look, tomorrow, with RF Video and Ring of Honor. Right now, officially, they are trying to negotiate total silence from all parties as part of the deal, but all terms have not been worked out yet. The locks were changed at RF Video office on Monday night and ROH will be setting up a new office in Philadelphia. All of the RF Video employees were let go, but it is expected all will be hired by ROH. All were actually working for both companies that had become almost like one and the same even though they had different payrolls and separate ownership. Cary Silkin, who owns 55% of ROH (the other 45% is said to be owned by Doug Gentry, although many have been skeptical of that), is buying 100% of company stock will run it with Gabe Sapolsky. RF Video will undergo a name change and be run as a separate company. Gentry currently owns 100% of the stock in that separate company, and is listed as the president of both companies. The split is nasty, has been building for some time, and does involve Feinstein in some form. There are reports Feinstein and Gentry are on the same side in the melt down as it became clear Silkin and Sapolsky never wanted Feinstein involved in the company again. I expect a lot more to go down on this within the next few days.

 

So basically Ring of Honor will be owned and ran by Cary Silkin and Gabe Sapolsky.

 

RF Video will no longer be associated with Ring of Honor and owned by Doug Gentry and allegedly Rob Feinstein.

Edited by Tajiri
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well as soon as it was know then ROH split from him and prmote with out him... If you don't like the super bouncy ring then you'll hate ECW as well... The fact is they have done the right thing and I hope they stay afloat and get a new video outlet....

 

And I hope Bibby you begin to enjoy ROH as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They have got rid of the offending party' date=' in this case Feinstein and as for the ring its not that bad.... They will keep going though, trust me they have a big cult following, BeltMark you are too pessimistic, but no doubt you will tell me your being realistic.[/quote']

 

Damnit, I'm being realistic! :lol :xyx No, but seriously, a wrestling promotion, no matter how big or small, isnt a cheap thing to run...they will struggle, and if cheques start to bounce, talent wont work there...no talent means no shows, bye bye RoH.

Hell, TNA have already taken their RoH PURE champion AJ Styles and banned him working there, the future is bleak for RoH.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I personally thing they're are a lot better wrestlers in ROH than AJ Styles, but that's not the point. It didn't look good for them to find out that Rob is still getting money from Doug still. I just hope they can bounce and get the new ROH video deal, since I do enjoy the work from the company.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Cary Silkin, who owns 55% of ROH (the other 45% is said to be owned by Doug Gentry, although many have been skeptical of that), is buying 100% of company stock will run it with Gabe Sapolsky"

I think that part is bad news because im assuming that there will be half as much money. correct me if I am wrong though. If I am right then RoH never looked like it had much money and if RoH gets alf as much then Im afraid it will be down by 2005. RoH have a lot of talent but what if TNA do the same they did for AJ Styles and stop them from working there? If they do that RoH hasnt got a chance if it doesnt have as much money it had or the talent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thinks its quite fair to say that if NWA-TNA keep on expanding then they quite a few indies may pop... But the thing is ROH has friends in other places... The WWE like ROH and don't see it as a big threat, several devolpmental wrestlers have worked there and Cornette helps out now and again as well...

 

They are buddys with Zero-One and All Japan as well and not to long ago Japanese legend and All Japan head honcho Keiji Muto was wrestling the main event on their show... Alot of people thought when Low Ki went they'd be done, wrong... AJ, well a good talent but nah, as much as I'm a mark for him he's not ROH...

 

CM Punk, Daniels, Samoa Joe, Briscoes, SAT, Colt Cabana.... people who only wrestle part time with other promotions are ROH... Trust me they'll keep going.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ring of Honor are probaly one of the more financialy stable of the major independants,

 

They don't make stupid mistakes like MLW did with paying huge amounts of money brining in Japanese talent like Kojima, Tanaka, NOSAWA and Hidaka on every show, especialy when the same people who would pay to see that talent will pay to see your shows anyway.

 

They don't have any major earners on the roster of guys they use

 

There average attendances range from 500 to 1000 which his higher than TNA, 3PW, CZW, APW, UPW, IWA Mid South or ECWA

 

There have never been stoires of RoH cancelling shows or failing to pay talent.

 

They have loyal group of main stars in CM Punk, Samoa Joe, American Dragon, Homicide and Spanky who will not be signing TNA deals any time soon.

 

RoH probaly will face financial diffilculities because their an indie promotion and every promotion faces them, so if the company is going to go out of business in 6 months it'll take something spectacular to happen in next few months.

Edited by Tajiri
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if the company is going to go out of business in 6 months it'll take something spectacular to happen in next few months.

 

It only takes 1 day for something spectacular to happen. Example: RF. One day he is a great guy, the next day he is trying to shag 14 yr old boys. 1 day. Anything can happen in 6 months. Time will tell.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...