Poll: WWE approval rating

Saz

Out of 10, What score would you give WWE right now?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Out of 10, What score would you give WWE right now?

It got a six from me. Yes it is pretty dire at times but yet i still tune in every week. However it is not my favourite wrestling to watch (thank you the wrestling channel). Needs to improve smackdown and mainly make use to the cruiserweights and i might be tempted to give it a higher mark. Every week i hope to god that the CW's might be given some air time and every week i end up wanting to hit the person that gives them no time for matches or stories, and as for jackie winning the title....... arrrgghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

7 for me. I think it could be a helluva lot worse. Benoit and Guerrero are good champs (for me at least), Raw is consistently entertaining and watchable, and new stars such as Shelton Benjamin and Randy Orton have been made, which is always good.

The reason it didn't get a higher rating from me is obviously to do with how badly Smackdown needs to be improved, and as well as that, how the cruiserweights are so badly mistreated. In fact, they're lucky they didn't receive a 1 from me as well just for making Jacqueline cruiser champ. I'm also not crazy about how badly they under-utilize guys like Jericho and Booker.

So, 7 then. And I'm being kind at that.

Middle of the road number 5 for me. Raw is getting better by the week, but one show out of two doesnt make for a good rating. That 5 is basically my rating for Raw, as currently Smackdown is abysmal to say the least. Well i am glad that TWC is there to help with my wrestling fix each week, as Raw is the only WWE show actually worth glancing at, bit of a change from a year or 2 ago eh?

I gave it a six, simply because although they have two great champs they are currently stuck in usless fueds...

The new talent on Raw is pretty exciting too, Shelton, Orton and Eugene but the fact is for all the good on Raw they have the bad and ugly on Smackdown... They had talent but decided to strip it away with the draft lottery! The biggest news on their, two crazy gimmick characters in Kenzo and Moredci.... Oh and Nazi goose stepping.

Quite good inring action but the creative department need to get there ass in gear and fix it before I give it no more then the 6 I have today.

I went for 4/10.

Raw right now is 4/5. It's not perfect. but it's entertaining for the most part.

Smackdown! is easily 0/5, and almost impossible to watch.

Add them together to get 4/10. It's basic Matt-amatics.

I gave it an 8 coz i like what im seeing at the moment, even SmackDown! has improved over last couple of weeks. Sometimes i dont get some guys who tend to bash the WWE with the way things are going, and im gettin tierd of reading them, Those who dont like the way WWE is heading. It aint Rocket Science, press that button on ya remote and turn it over coz id rather you not watch it than bash it as much as you want. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions like but some of them are either pafetic or pointless. people who dont like it arn WWE fans at all its simple

4/5 RAW

4/5 SmackDown!

8/10 Overall

~The Lord Of Darkness :worship

7 from me. I like Eddie as champ and I like Benoit as champ. I really am interested with Mordecai and I love Randy Orton as IC champ, feuding with Shelton.

The in-ring action in WWE these days is top notch and cant be disputed, however, the show is missing something, and that thing is: THE main star. There is no Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Rock etc type person there right now, there is nobody that everybody pays to see and is happy just by seeing that person.

Sure, there are people who have their favorites, but you know what I mean, there is no HUGE next big mega star.

Right now, its like it was when Hogan left in 1993. Bret was champ and feuding with HBK etc, Razor Ramon and Diesel were there, they were all cool to watch and popular, but there was no huge mega star, until Steve Austin came along.

Right now, we are waiting for that to happen. Sooner or later it will, it always does, but until then we have to be content with what we have, and thats great in ring action and not so great storylines.

Oh, and the brand split is a load of shit, the worst thing to happen in WWE history and it needs to be killed ASAP.

• Like 1

I agree with everything you said there WWFBeltmark. Good post.

Personally, I always considered Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels as true stars, especially during 1997. I know what you mean though, guys like Austin, Rock and Hogan were huge breakout stars, known even by people who don't particularly watch wrestling. There isn't really anyone like that right now, though I have to say HHH (mcuch as I have my problems with him) is still a huge name and a huge personality.

Wheres the O in that poll? I voted one as its as low as i could go. basically im rather glad i cant watch wwe at the moment as the guality is appauling. I mean Benoit- World Champ not exactly the best choice, bradshaw main event- are wwe stupid? it'll fail soon i guarandamntee and thn its back to good old Blackjack Bradshaw again.

If they gave put Trips On Smackdown like they planned to that would make it better

wwe could be doing better at the moment, but i think it is in a transitional period, but to there credit they are pushing new wrestlers which havent been given a push before and seeing what works. The 2 world champs are the to hardest working wrestlers on the whole rosters, there oponents kane and bradshaw could have been chose better, kane is totally useless and hasnt had a decent match with anyone other than the stunt filled brawl with shane omac at ss2003. i agree with a few off the above threads, they are lacking a true superstar, but with orton, cena and edge on the horizon, things dont look to bad. cant believe they let ohaire go, he looked like he had everything going for him. to sum it up, its better than it was from 92-96 but not as good as 97-2001

7 for me. I think the WWE is quite underrated at the moment. WIth people like Mordecai becoming good and then you have Benoit and Guerrero bringing fans in. Then on RAW you have HHH and HBK still doing a great job, WWE is pretty good. I would like to see the brand split end but only if there was another company around like WCW or ECW. If it did happen then it would be great for wresling even if Vince owned it and after a year I dont think too many fans would be thinking WCW or ECW was run by Vince if it was done properly. And if it happened then after about 6 months most non-internet fans would probebly have forgotton it aswell.

7 overall rating here too.

I realy like RAW at the moment, its great - good matches, good promos, storylines (except the lita/kane one) and a great bunch of new wrestlers that will be able to carrie the show one, when ppl like HHH, HBK and benoit retires.

I see a bright future for people like Randy orton, Benjamin, Edge, Y2J and a few others.

If i should give RAW a seperat score it would be 9/10.

Smackdown on the other hand, well its almost been said so many times that i realt dont have to say it all again. Smackdown is downright crap right now.

Get those cruiserweights back in the rings, they have alot of CW talents and they dont use they - and thats a shame. Right now Velocity is better then SD because they use alot of the CW's and those matches is actualy alot more entertaining then SD matches at the moment. But all hope for SD is not lost, they have Mordecai getting a push - he could be good, they have Cena - and if he pulls his act togeather he could continue to be great. And Angle will be returning at some point. And they realy have a great talent pool of CW's, so if they start using those, the show might even turn out to be real decent.

SD would get a 3/10 score.