worst gig

charlie

inspired by the best gig thread, what is the worst gig you've ever been to?

mine was going to see a band called Decapitated last year (or was it the year before). there were about 20 people in the venue, and the support band Labrat were a bunch of c~%ts, to put it politely. at one point the audience were heckling them so badly, they refused to leave the stage. Then decapitated had to come on and play to a really bad mood crowd. not good.

Haha.. how did i know this thread was coming? :P

Decapitated are pretty rubbish though.. hmm, worst gig was Alien Ant Farm about 2 years ago.

One. Im sad for actualy seeing them as they are one of the worst bands ever.

Two. The support band Dredg, is the worst thing i have ever seen in my life.

On the London gig, the crowd was boo'ing Dredg, that the lead singer of AAF came out and told the crowd to F Off and show some manners.

I saw Keanu Reeves band Dogstar play on the other stage on the sunday of Glastonbury in 1999.... We all hurled fruit, bottles (plastic), and numerous objects to show them how crap they where....

Keanu can't even hold a bloody bassl ine once, they were there because of their Bass players name... how sucky is that?

saw Lostprophets in 2002 before they hit it big - and they sucked so so badly. they put sod all effort into the performance and couldnt get off stage fast enough. the support on the other hand - Liberty 37 - were one of the best band ive ever seen. such a shame they split up - they made two great albums

Going to add contraversy here and say Blink 182 at Reading last year.

Good band, funny set, but couldn't hold a tune in a bucket. Only just worse than having to sit through atomic kitten at the play off final at Cardiff two years ago. Arrggghhh!!!

Wait a minute...that was the blues/Norwich final wasn't it? What are ya, bluenose or canary?

I haven't been to a bad gig, or not one I've looked on in hindsight as bad. But I have seen a very bad performance. At my local the Tap and Tin they launched their link with 'Rpugh Trade Records' with the adptly named 'Rough Night'. Started with the local Medway Legends Fuzz, and finished with the excellence that is Carl Barat. It was the in between that was the problem......Art Brut. You see the point of the night was to start off a set of themed nights where guys on the rough trade label like the libs, strokes etc where perform to make the Tap a new venue. The launch we get Art Brut....remember that name ART BRUT.

Bloody awful. If you want to bare witness to the crap that is knwon as Art Brut download 'We Formed a Band'. Its worth a giggle.....but not a bloody gig performance ; )

Count another vote for the lostprophets here - I saw them on the Carling tour about the time of shinobivsdragonninja single hitting, they were above Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (Excellent!) and The Coral (very cool!), but below Andrew WK (One of the best gigs I've been too) - 45 minute set, 20 minutes setting up, played the same song twice due to crappy sound, and generally looked as if they couldn't be bothered.