Top 10 Japanese wrestlers

Jack

1) Yuji Nagata - he's got it all and was NJPW's longest running champ

2) Kenta Kobashi - The man can't be kept down by any injury, any opponent and is an innovater...

3) Tenzan - The buffalo turned Anaconda, the man who's time should have been longer, plus he's got a head as hard as diamond

4) Jun Akiyama - The phenom of All Japan turned brillant heel in NOAH, could go from day one and uses the Exploder '98, a beautifull move

5) Liger - Need you say anything, a true legend of wrestling who made the Cruiser style what it is

6) Kojima - Maybe his timing in jumping to All Japan was a bit wrong but he is a talent and a class act, look for him to hold the Triple Crown in the next year

7) Kawada - Dangerous K, the man with the kicks, the moves, a man who Nagata took notes from

8) Marufuji - The up and coming Junior kingpin of japan, he has a great style and moveset and will one day lead NOAH.

9) Shinjiri Otani - This man was a fantasic cruiser, the best some would say of the his generation in NJPW, then he became a heavy and excelled at that too.

10) Hiroshi Tanahashi - The man who will become the New Japan top gun along with Shibata and Nakamura in the next three years, he is that good.

Bibby go get the tape of Misawa v Kobashi from the 1st of March 2003 for the GHC title, its the tip of the iceberg, Kobashi v Akiyama from 2000, Kobashi v Takao Omori, Champion Carnival final of 2000 or Kenta Kobashi & Jun Akiyama as tag champs fought Takao Omori & Yoshihiro Takayama for the gold...

Basically anything from 1996 to 2000 and his matches against Misawa, Nagata, Chono and Takayama since he came back from his knee injury.

i can't give you ten, but i can give a top three:

1. Jun Akiyama - hottest property in Eastern wrestling. a show man with an excellently executed arsenal.

2. Kenji Mutoh/Great Muta - i've been a fan of his forever. not sure if you can see him on TWC, but if you can he's worth watching out for.

3. Inoue - not seen much of him, but the little i have seen i've been very impressed by. a solid performer.

I don't have a top 10 favourite Japanese wrestlers as my opinion changes so often, but if you want some really good stuff you can't go wrong with any of the "Four Lords of Heaven":

Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa, Toshiaki Kawada, Akira Taue

Basicaly any match involving any combination of these four is pure gold! You can also include Jun Akiyama in there aswell. My personal favourite out of all five guys would be Kobashi though.

I never liked Taue you know... he wasn't bad but he wasn't the greatest in All Japan apart from when he tagged with Kawada, then it made a special match. In singles though I never really enjoyed his work as much, his team work with Kawada was what I liked, but then again I'm a Kawada mark...

Erm u wont find Riki on the wrestling channel, and Suzuki is pretty rubbish really. Erm yeah look out for the likes of Misawa, Kobashi, Akiyama, Kawada, Liger, Ohtani, Tanaka, Heat, Kanemoto, TM4, Marufuji, Kanemaru, etc etc