Geek Triad

Paul

Some of you may think I'm making fun of you with this thread, but I'm not. Just to clear it up before I begin OK?

While re-watching X-men2 last night I remembered something I read a while back and it made me laugh. Sir Ian Macellum (or however its spelt!) was offered the part of Obi Wan Kinobi in the Star Wars films, but he turned it down!

Just think, if he'd have excepted he would have completed the 'Geek Triad' by having been in Star Wars, X-Men AND Lord of the Rings!

Obi Wan, Magneto and Gandalf. The Simpsons comic book guy would be drooling......

Lol thought you where having a go then Darky...

Still we have to all admit I think to have watching at least one of each of the film franchise's... so are we all geeks too? (Thinks about the fact that he's posting on a wrestling forum about Ian McKellen) Damn!

Still do you know what reason he gave for turning down Obi Wan?

Hey Gringo, I've seen the lot and am a deffinate geek/nerd in attitude. Its only an insult if thats how you decide to take it.

But I cannot remember why he turned it down, I think he said he didn't want to do Sci Fi, which was a fairly mocked style of film at the time. Guess he changed his mind......

You can be a geek in taste and be cool, but then again like you say they are just preconceived mindsets... we are just us...

Still it worked out for the best I guess, Obi Wan is Alec Guiness and of course now Ewan McGregor...

Still have to ask out of all the three... X-Men, Star Wars and LOR, which did you enjoy the most... I would have to say the X-Men... oh please someone tell me I'm wrong.

Hmmm, I prefered X-Men as well, but thats becouse I want to be a mutant! Darkstar the mutant with the amazing powers of bruising easily and welting quickly!

True.

Oh yeah, and I can walk through walls.