CNBC fires JBL

Dead Crow

From PWInsider.com>>>

After receiving word from three independent sources that CNBC had severed its relationship with John Layfield today, I contacted CNBC for comment. The following is the statement that they gave me concerning the situation.

“CNBC has terminated its relationship with John "Bradshaw" Layfield following his conduct this past weekend in a wrestling match. We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and not befitting anyone associated with our network.”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vince wont sack him yet (obviously) but i think once people like mordecai, taker, booker t etc step up to the title he will be gone. I dont understand you Remlap, can you explain? Plus JBL doesnt support Nazis, when Basil Fawlty did it he wasnt a NAzi so i really dont understand who that point was aimed at. Edited by Jack

WWE sack him?! LOL I doubt it! You watch Vince make an angle out of this' date=' mark my words! lol[/quote']

If they make something out of this i will stop watching for good.

what happened has spread like wild flower all ready and the general concensus that i have gauged is one of horror.

i may be wrong but this has probably caused a large amount of fuss in Germany, a country that is very ashamed of it's past and coud do without assholes dragging it up like this. Unfortunatly the guy somehow is a main eventer at the moment so a suspension is probably out of the question but the sooner he's off my screen the better. A Bradshaw push was tried before it stank this stinks too.

Vince wont sack him yet (obviously) but i think once people like mordecai' date=' taker, booker t etc step up to the title he will be gone. I dont understand you Remlap, can you explain? Plus JBL doesnt support Nazis, when Basil Fawlty did it he wasnt a NAzi so i really dont understand who that point was aimed at.[/quote']

Ive said that as an example on another forum, that was done for comedy and in the 70s which was different time.

While who ever told bradshaw to do that, his brain or wwe creative team it wasnt done for comedy purpose it was done to HURT people which is wrong.

I wouldnt of mind if it was done to hurt people in another fashion, but doing it this way really wrong considering its a very wrong to sympothise with nazis and in Germany of all places.

Edited by remlap

You can imagine JBL's next in-ring promo:

"I have a portfolio that has beaten the stockmarket for the last SEVEN YEARS! I have a bestselling book, I've got a radio show, CNBC love me -

erm...I've got a bestselling book and a portfolio..."

Cheers!

If they make something out of this i will stop watching for good.

Although its a completely different animal, this is the same situation as the Bret Hart screwjob. Vince gets bad press, his company gets bad press, he is put under pressure to act and he went ahead and made a huge angle of it by promoting himself as the top heel.

I can see him doing the same with Bradshaw. I would hope not, not because of this incident, but just because Bradshaw sucks :lol

JBL has won anyway. He has set out to make such bad press and three topics just here at TWO have been very popular and i can imagine how many replies WZForums has got. If people are really this annoyed then you should let it go, because when Vince has this huge heel he is wnning wheras if no-one cared then we wouldnt even be discussing him because he would be fired.

See if Vince does turn this into a angle this makes it even worst think of how many army officers died fighting to kill of nazis.

And how many died in Europe and Russia over them, it is totally wrong to support anyone from them.

When they where going to bring in herito or what ever as a typical WW2 Japanese it really hurt me as my grandfather was part of the chin ditz and fought them and went through shit. Its all the same im discusted

You could say that however that was all vinces doing.

This is one of his employees doing who's insulted a whole nation.

I can't remember whom it was but when a wwa performer held up a sign saying the beatles sucked hours after the death of george harrison i was upset.

Anyhow times have changed back in 97 the wwe were in a worse state than they are now and i can't see him sinking that low now, hopefully.

JBL has won anyway. He has set out to make such bad press and three topics just here at TWO have been very popular and i can imagine how many replies WZForums has got. If people are really this annoyed then you should let it go' date=' because when Vince has this huge heel he is wnning wheras if no-one cared then we wouldnt even be discussing him because he would be fired.[/quote']

Christ alfreakin' mighty, do I need to expalin GOOD HEAT and BAD HEAT every single post I make concerning this subject?

And can you tell me how exactly JBL has won since he lost his job with CNBC?

You could say that however that was all vinces doing.

This is one of his employees doing who's insulted a whole nation.

I can't remember whom it was but when a wwa performer held up a sign saying the beatles sucked hours after the death of george harrison i was upset.

Anyhow times have changed back in 97 the wwe were in a worse state than they are now and i can't see him sinking that low now, hopefully.

Thing is, who is to say that one of the road agents or whoever was on the booking squad in Germany didnt say to him "Hey John, you should do the Goose step out there, it would be hillarious!" You know? We dont know how this whole thing came about.

And Patrick, I know what your saying about all the people dying in WW2 etc, but alot of people were dying in Iraq at the actual time Vince was running the whole Sgt. Slaughter/Iraqi sympathiser angle. Never put anything past Vince McMahon if he thinks he can make a few dollars, seriously.

Who cares about CNBC?!?! JBL is huge in the WWE and even after he has left WWE he will aways be known as the super-heel which is better than a damn CNBC contract. This heat will keep him famous for a long long time. And this good heat, bad heat thing is rubbish there is a saying that goes something like "bad press is better than no press" which works in this case. Edited by Jack

Who cares about CNBC?!?! JBL is WWE champion and even after he has left WWE he will aways be known as the super-heel which is better than a damn CNBC contract. This heat will keep him famous for a long long time. And this good heat' date=' bad heat thing is rubbish there is a saying that goes something like "bad press is better than no press" which works in this case.[/quote']

He is not WWE champion or is he in your pathetic little world of yours?

The Real World Backlash: Enter Sanity

The very fact the fool has been sacked by CNBC should prove beyond any shadow of a doubt how incredibly wrong he was and whilst there will always be some who will defend or even see dollars in it, that does not and will never make him right, no opinion, fact. The people of Germany have come to terms with their history and one day SoftLad will come to terms with his. People may be talking about this for a long time but that is how human beings deal with acutely wrong things they discuss them, the world has gone on like this for millenia, however you give bad people power when you talk about them and give creedence to their behaviour. Let us all forget the lump on humanities ass and move on.

If Vince or anyone in WWE makes an angle from this, I hope somone sues them for the stress.

Spiritchaser.

Awake.

Who cares about CNBC?!?! JBL is WWE champion and even after he has left WWE he will aways be known as the super-heel which is better than a damn CNBC contract. This heat will keep him famous for a long long time. And this good heat' date=' bad heat thing is rubbish there is a saying that goes something like "bad press is better than no press" which works in this case.[/quote']

1) JBL is NOT WWE champion.

2) Yes, this will keep him famous, for the wrong reasons.

3) Good heat and Bad heat is not rubbish. If JBL is offending people, people will refuse to watch, meaning ratings will plummet, UPN will take SmackDOwn off the air, WWE will be stuffed, and you will be forced to eat your words.

*sighs*

What a mess eh?

Just to clarify, JBL was insulting the German people and with his motions and salutes was accusing them of being no better than Nazis.

His crime was to humiliate a nation that has repeatedly tried to get over the stigmatism of the Second World War. What he didn't do was to insult the allies, let us get that clear, the insult was directed towards the German nation and not the allied forces who died during D-Day.

And as Draven pointed out, Nazi salutes are deemed illegal.

If we all honestly looked at ourselves there hasn't been a time when we have described the Germans as "the hun" or Nazis, British tabloids would do it at the drop of the hat. The problem is that JBL, being a world celebrity has added to the ever increasing opinion that the American people are arrogant, self important and most of all feel themselves superior to the rest of the world, which if anyone who has met more than one American (especially from a different state to Texas) would know that America has a rich culture of diverse opinion.

WWE is an Ambassador of the American people and they are under world scrutiny so it is their duty to maintain a respectable front as their actions will dictate what people think. If WWE use this as an angle then they will come out as opportunistic in my mind, but as the saying goes, even bad publicity works, take a look at the passion that people have been writing on this forum about the subject.

The one thing that has irritated me is the lack of compassion WWE has shown through all this, one statement that was removed very quickly is not good enough, as a media corporation, they should be subjected to the same written apology that programs like "Dispatches" or "Panorama" have to make if they do something unlawful or slanderous.

WWE have laid the blame totally on JBL, when ultimately, as his contractual employer, have a responsibility to maintain the quality of their shows and I'm sorry but they have to control their wrestlers better, if of course JBL IS entirely to blame, which for some strange reason, I seriously doubt.

However, I do believe that this uproar could be construed (and make sure you know what that word means before jumping on me) as the Internet community taking revenge on JBL after the comments he has made in the past about them, and I am more than certain that this is WWE's opinion about the whole matter.

Now personally, I think it would be hypocritcal of me to condemn JBL for something I have done myself on more than one occasion (Especially during international soccer events when the Germans have hammered England). On the same token, I know as a wrestler that there are lines you don't cross, But it seems to me that with Lita getting kidnapped by Kane (um isn't that a crime?) Eddie getting arrested every 2 weeks and using a "retard" as an angle is pointing me towards the fact that WWE are pushing these boundaries of taste to get heat.

What a mess indeed.

Saracen