Lars Ulrich Falls Ill

Matt

METALLICA’s LARS ULRICH is in a German hospital waiting for the results of tests after falling ill in Europe.

As previously reported, the group had to play last night’s (June 6) Download headline slot with Slipknot and Slayer drummers Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo.

NME.COM understands that the drummer had "a turn" while travelling in a private plane between Lisbon in Portugal and the UK. The decision was made to land in Germany, where an ambulance was waiting for Ulrich.

A spokesperson for the band told NME.COM: "He’s waiting on results from tests. He’s in a German hospital right now."

The band are currently scheduled to continue their European tour tomorrow (June 8). NME.COM understands that a decision on the shows will be made when Ulrich gets his results, although at present they are still scheduled to go ahead.

Get Well Soon lars

You know what mates who went to download said that because of this Metallica came on real late and only played about 4o minutes of their scheluded 2 and half hour time slot... What a bloody shame although I heard Joey and Dave where brilliant as well.

Hope its nothing to serious with Lars and that Metallica get to Ride the Lighting across Europe all summer!

i was there and they were about an hour late starting but they did play bout an hour and quarter of their set so it wasnt all bad. joey was phenomenal in lars place i thought and dave from slayer was pretty good too. i never really rate Lars as a good drummer so i was quite glad he wasnt there

He was alright till St Anger, the drumming on that album annoyed me silly for some reason.... Wish I had of gone as Joey is my favourite drummer as a bit of a drummer myself and watching him play with my favourite band would have been awesome!

Maybe he'll tour with them for a bit while Lars is down with whatever he's managed to catch?