Local Music scene

Nicole

Whats yours like?

Droitwich has for the last few years, had precisely nothing music wise, but all of a sudden, new bands seem to be appearing, and most of them are decent. Theres nothing gig wise in droitwich, but the amount of bands springing up is great. Some of my picks of the local scene are Mercurium, a band from the year above me(mercurium.co.uk)-if you visit the site, listen to the sample track, I like it a lot, and I'm gonna buy there promo ep. Theres also some bands from the same year as me springing up, most promising being a band called Third exit, who are fronted by a really groovy girl who I know pretty well, and she has an amazing voice. Mercurium are another band I know, but I'm not sure about them yet as I haven't heard them play, but I'm being the webmistress for there site, so I have to give them some good words. Other band from round here are Ché (che.uk.com) fronted by another girl with a really good voice, and the drummer is the drum and vocal teacher at school, as well as a professional song writer, which is cool.

So yeah, discuss :)

Well on the Wirral there are quite a few bands, however to say that they are all rubbish would be an injustice to the word, they are awful.

However, in Liverpool there are quite a few good bands, but nothing really spectacular.

I don't mean to sound like a buck-ass music snob,

but before he was big, I used to enjoy going to a jazz cafe in my town to watch a certain Jamie Cullum.

T'was very good, before the bastard sold out!!

J/K

Cheers!

The underground metal scene is fairly vibrant here in Brum, which is a good thing. There's quite a few bigger bands from round here, not including Sabbath or Napalm Death, who are doing well, and the smaller bands are holding their own too. Plus there's also a venue which hosts underground extreme metal bands once a month, and my own every other month metal night (tonight kids - come out and play).

Welsome to Rochdale were we have an abudance of real bad Ska punk bands... one of which do an incredably bad song about wrestling where they chant about the Ultimate Warrior...

But at Older School they have a club round the back that runs an open DJ night for rock so you know when the Gringo gets up the music is class...

I think the only time Rochdale gets in the music listings is when the Pink Floyd or Deep Purple tribute bands come to town... yes it is that bad.

Im from Evils area rochdale! Theres a few really cool young bands around. Theres a band playing the back door in Rochdale this friday with Hollywood Ending who are good. Apparantly a band called White Elefant have just got a little record deal, these guys only bein 17-18 and theres loads more this age that are breaking through.

i also just noticed Evil saying Older Hill school.. thats the place in rochdale i meant where Hollywood Ending are playing and Your Last Memories supporting which i think im going to. Your Last Memories are the guys in my sixth form, so its really cool there playing with a band who are starting to make a career out of music and are on a record label.

Edited by Vampiro

You gotta admit though that half the time Vamp the people on the bill are a bit crappy... and if they play the ska version of Nellie the elephant while I'm there again I think I'll cry...

lol..

Ive only been two times i think before, and thats only to see the bands i know. Friday will be good, because i know Your Last Memories are good, and also Hollywood Ending. Im not sure who else is on the bill though.

I haven't been in a while, last time was when I did a DJ set for an hour, but most band nights aren't worth the bother of the local scallies to get in...

I think the biggest band who played there was when Sugarcoma got dropped and played there... must have been skint.

Yeah.. i went to see Sugarcoma once at Academy 3.. and then i heard nothing about them for ages, and then the next thing i heard was they were dropped and playing the back door.

However, Hollywood Ending are gonna be big i reckon. There only playin this small gig because its their home town. They have a full lenght UK tour set for july, where im gonna go see them again at Academy 3.

I read that Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin is from Bromley, which is really close to me, but I can't quite believe it, he seems too good for that! The music scene right now, hmmm, my friends' band is pretty big around here but they haven't played many gigs. Their guitarist who I'm just getting to know is ****ing wrongly good, he can play everything and anything and a wide range of shit you've never seen before, and if he's not famous by playing guitar I'll shit on him. He's really ****ing good.

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair if he'd great at guitar, it doesnt really mean anything, there are millions of ppl who can play billions of things, a dime a dozen if u will, so unfortunately doesnt really set him apart.

Also how exactly did Jamie Cullum sell out?

Jung, Boyo was joking :)

As for Walsall, well Slade used to record their songs down my nans road. And Goldie comes from our neck of the woods.

These days, we got some local bands. Some are ok (three girl friends of mine have a band, and a sorta friend has one too), and some are crap (Afflicted - ok people but they crucified "Breed"). None have struck me as being excellent.