Place Your Bets!

Cactus Jack

So, anyone placing a few bets for Euro 2004; no matter how small?

I think I'll do:

To Win: England 7/1

Darkhorse: Czech Rep. 14/1

Golden Boot: Van Nistelrooy 9/1

Darkhorse: Rooney 33/1

Finalists: England vs. Germany 66/1 (Notice the significance of the odds!)

Darkhorse: Switzerland vs. Latvia 3000/1

Yourself?

I'm a huge sports gambler- but I stay away from any international football that England are involved in- because it spoils my enjoyment slightly.

In the World Cup against Brazil, I had a first goalscorer bet on Scholes- and when Owen scored it was weird. I was obviously ecstatic that we had taken the lead in the QF against Brazil, but my enjoyment was dampened by the fact that I'd lost my bet.

So, with that in mind, I'm a bet-free-zone for Euro 2004- though I'm obviously tempted!

Only bet I ever placed on footy was through my dad on the 1994 FA cup final.. I bet United in just excitement to win 4-0.. We did and I got bought new toys and stuff with the money, can't remember how much I got but I will never get that success again so I haven't bet on another game.

I'll probably put a few quid on England to win. That way, if they get knocked out I'll be so happy that I won't care if I lose a tenner. And it also means that a nice £30/40 payout (Just a guess, not checked the odds) would soften the blow of having to listen to a load of mince in every program shown in the UK.

I'll probably put a few quid on England to win. That way' date=' if they get knocked out I'll be so happy that I won't care if I lose a tenner. And it also means that a nice £30/40 payout (Just a guess, not checked the odds) would soften the blow of having to listen to a load of mince in every program shown in the UK.[/quote']

A Scotsman not caring if he loses a tenner, that'll be the day. :P

I think i will back france,they are 3/1 which is not great but i will put a fair bit on them.

For a darkhorse i would say Czech Rep.

I have already backed pauleta each way for top scorer @10/1 but you should be able to get better odds somewhere else.

Baros is a good outsider for top scorer.

I also backed a france-italy final @15/2 & czech rep to win group d @ 7/4

Three competitions in a row - France '98, Euro 2000 & World Cup 2002 - I had money on Italy to win. They let me down. This time, I'm betting on France, even though the odds are crap. Henry as top scorer.