Stoke on the map

Guest fallen_angel

Guest fallen_angel

Hi there,

Thort i'd update you on the situation surronding my show 23rd August, Kings Hall, Stoke. So far i have verball agreements with the following,

Jayson Mayson

Malce Mascarado

The British Connection (http://www.britishconnection.2ya.com)

Experienced Official Phil Robinson (As seen in WzW)

There are currently spaces for other wrestlers to be envolved.

I am also in the process of employing a web builder.

Tickets came on sale yesterday and can bought through the hotline

+447817 566586. £6 Adults and £3 Childeren

I am still looking for anyother people that could help out (on the door, set the ring, sell merchandise etc)

My e-mail address is beneto@chelseafc.net

Thanks again

Beneto Loraso

Dandeman2004, you should go on various companys websites and just looking at there training pages. You may find out some interesting information. I am a wrestler myself, so if you want to have a chat about it then either PM me or add me to MSN messenger.

Guest fallen_angel

Iam new to this country and the product of "british wrestling'

Could anyone recomend suitable 'talent' as you say and where i can reach it?

Beneto Loraso

Iam new to this country and the product of "british wrestling'

Could anyone recomend suitable 'talent' as you say and where i can reach it?

Beneto Loraso

All due respect, but if you are new to this country, and you dont know anything about the talent you are hiring, or for that matter how to actually put on a show, then may I ask, Why are you actually putting a show on?

It's all well and good in theory about putting on a show, but you'll soon find out it's alot harder than you seem to think.

This is just some advice, but if I were you, i'd try and get affiliated with a local promotion in your area, learn how things are run, scout talent and what not, throughout the uk, and give your self a list of wrestlers who you could realisticly hire.

And more advice, is your serious about your promotion, then a spell checker might be good for your press releases, makes it seem more professional, other than some kid who thinks he can play booker :xyx

Thank you please

Borat

Edited by borat

Depends how much you would like to pay for their services...

I could reel off names and they may be accepting independent bookings, but I would rather they come on here and say they woulld be willing as I really don't speak for them, they will have their own terms (which I cannot tell you) and it is entirely their decision to accept.

Just remember that as an untested promotion, a lot of these wrestlers will treat you with suspicion and as you are new will not do you any favours at all, until they know you can be trusted, these guys expect to be paid for their services as well.

Take a look around the promotions, most have bios of their wrestlers and see who you like, get in touch with that federation and see if their wrestlers are willing to do a show for you, I can put you in touch with a few websites.

FCW (West Midlands) http://www.futurewrestling.co.uk/

KSW (Midlands) http://www.kstarinsider.co.nr/

WZW (Tyneside) http://www.wzwuk.com/

MPW (Midlands) http://www.fantasymanager.co.uk/mpw/index.html

RBW (Nottingham) http://www.revolutionbritishwrestling.co.uk/

EPW (sheffield) http://www.eliteprowrestling.co.uk/

Most of all be 100% respectful of their time as if you leave a bad impression, it will get round.

Hope this helps,

Saracen

Guest fallen_angel

I have been a promoter in italy for a few years so iam not 'new' to the buisness.

I mearly stated that i wasnt as up to date with the hot talent around in UK as some other people.

Sure i know how to run a show so theres no worries

please just lay off yeah?

Beneto Loraso

I have been a promoter in italy for a few years so iam not 'new' to the buisness.

I mearly stated that i wasnt as up to date with the hot talent around in UK as some other people.

Beneto Loraso

Out of curiosity:

1. How long have you been a promoter?

2. Have you used any big name wrestlers before (that haven't say been on tv in a while)?

Beneto Loraso

Actually I thought my post was trying to help you there....

My mistake

Saracen

Beneto Loraso

Yes this is precisly why I questioned your motives for promoting a show.

You have just admitted that you have no idea about the UK talent, so you'll be going off peoples opinions, to make your show a success, instead of you getting off your heiney and going scouting, or buying promotions videos.

As a promoter it is YOUR responsibility to make your show have a good balance of wrestling, and make sure their is something for everyone, but of course, you being a promoter already in Italy, would have already knew this.

The internet fans make up a very small percent of your audience, so if I were you i'd really do my own research as to who is good, and who to put on shows, that why if your show fails you have no one to blame but yourself. But of course failures are too often blamed on other people. I hope for your sake it isnt a failure, but you really cant always think positive, you gotta look at promoting from all angles, your show hopefully will be a huge success for you, but then again it could cause you to lose alot of money. Thats a fact.

I really don't know what you mean by lay off? What did i do wrong? I had a legitimate question and opinion so i expressed it, i never slagged you off or anything, just judging your abilities by other posts you have made. Cause to me it seemed like you knew very little about promoting, when as you say you have been a promoter for a few years.

Just my thoughts

Thank you Please

Dandeman2004.

I think people like SpUd, British Born Steele, Jack and Johnny Storm, UK Pitbulls and the Coalminers are all "star quality".

I don't own a company, so I think you were referring to Fallen_angel there.

Saracen

Guest fallen_angel

ive done 6 shows to date - all pulled off

I studied the uk scene this week by purchesing FWA and other uk promotional videos. i am now more familer with the 'talent' and have enough money to make it happen. thank you for your opionions but wrestling is my main interest and my ambition is to promote shows where i live. now if iam going to promote a show (it might be shit) but that is no loss to you. Like i said, i really appreciate your thoughts but i aint after a fight (if you get me) so perhaps you could help me instead by giving me advice etc?

iam sorry for any agro caused but can we end this mutually?

Tell me what you think

Beneto Loraso

ive done 6 shows to date - all pulled off

I studied the uk scene this week by purchesing FWA and other uk promotional videos. i am now more familer with the 'talent' and have enough money to make it happen. thank you for your opionions but wrestling is my main interest and my ambition is to promote shows where i live. now if iam going to promote a show (it might be shit) but that is no loss to you. Like i said, i really appreciate your thoughts but i aint after a fight (if you get me) so perhaps you could help me instead by giving me advice etc?

iam sorry for any agro caused but can we end this mutually?

Tell me what you think

Beneto Loraso

Dude, do you actually read these posts properly? No one said your show will be shit, if you think i said it would be, RE-READ the post I made.

If you don't want me posting the cons of promoting a show, with an hint of concern for you, then to be quiet Frank, I could'nt give a crap if you lose money or not, like you say, it's your loss, I was mearly pointing it could happen, you've clearly taken my post and everyone elses the wrong way.

Who is after a fight with you?

As Draven has said, as far as i can tell everyone has been giving you advice.

Thank you Please

Yeah sorry saracen i meant fallen angel! Also' date=' people who dont follow british wrestling will want to see somebody famous?? other than UK pitbulls. and all the others[/quote']

I'm intrigued by you wanting someone famous on the shows.

Give people an example of someone famous who would realisticly work a UK show.

Obviously not people like Undertaker, Stone Cold etc, but people who would be willing to work a UK show, who is "famous" as you put it.

A shows sucess doesnt depend on who is on the show, it depends on those that know about the show taking place.

For example, you could have Hulk Hogan doing a show 2morow for a company, no one would no the show is taking place, but non the less hulk hogan will be on the show....This is just an example.

Thank you please

Borat

Ok. Realistically, I cant say who would or wouldnt work a show in Uk. But from past experience of seeing people on shows, Tatanka (well known) Jake the Snake (Worked on June 1st I believe. Jim Neidhart (Well respected). Steve Corino, Dlo Brown, Gangrel, Bushwackers. I dont know if they would or wouldnt work on a show in UK. But all have worked before in UK. You may say some of those arent famous, but they are. All have worked on TV in the last 6 or 7 years. Afew worked well before that. So Dads could take their kids to see their favourites from the 90s.

Basically' date=' advertising?[/quote']

Yeh thats my point, just cause someone famous will be on the show, doesnt mean people will know about the show.

You have to advertise it, to make people aware that the show is happening.

The point i'm trying to make, is having someone famous doesnt mean anything if no one knows the show will be happening.

Shows need to be REALLY well advertised to do well in the UK, I don't just mean on the internet although that does help, you need flyers, posters, local press even radio if possible. Specially for a new promotion.

I'm not sure what to make about the American stars. You gotta consider the cost and if that 'name' would be enough to draw enough people to recoup you're layout. Personally i'm happy with UK wrestlers. I'd prefer to see the likes of Spud for example over an ageing ex WWF star, who's out of shape, but that's just me. Mind you I did mark out for Gangrel :D It does all depend on what audience you're trying to cater for.