Judas

Aberdeen are in a better financial position than The Pars, and their youth set up is a lot more promising to boot. If Brewster was to retire at the end of the season, and if Crawford is sold soon to balance the wage budget, Dunfermline might not be quite as big a threat as they are right now. I don't blame Jimmy for moving to what I'd consider a bigger club, and to say that Dunfermline made him isn't true.

Calderwood may not have been a household name a few years ago, but he was managing teams in the Dutch Ere Division, playing against sides like Ajax, Feyernoord and PSV. Just because he got famous in Scotland by managing Dunfermline doesn't mean he has to stay there for life.

Besides, if The Pars get someone like Davie Hay, I wouldn't worry too much about having the wrong man in charge. I've even heard that Walter Smith met John Yorkston recently to discuss joining as manager, so if Dunfermline can get a manager with the credentials as the two main candidates I've mentioned, I wouldn't be too nervous. Losing Stevie Crawford to an English First Division team or Craig Brewster to Father Time is a much bigger loss than Bernie Winters.