What Would They Have Been?

Matt

Right guys i want you to think about certain wrestlers who have had there careers cut short for whatever reason, and where do you think they would have achieved had had continued. I can see everyone goin for Brock Lesner here.

Anyway here is mine:

Droz: I always liked Droz's character even if the thing with the L.O.D was pretty weak. I think that If he had carried on wrestling he's still probably be around in some capacity on velocity or heat wrestling Rico and Val Venis.

Owen Hart: Without a doubt the most tragic loss ever to wrestling. I dont think that WWe ever quite used Owen to his full potential, i suppose similair to the way there not using Jericho to his full potential right now. I dont think Owen would have made a World Heavyweight Champ but he could definitelty have gone on to be a major player for WWE.

Jake Roberts: Now your all probably thinking why ive picked Jake. In truth Jakes career was not cut short but was ruined by The Honky Tonk man. When The Honky Tonk Man smashed Jake over the head with his guitar he cracked Jakes vertebrae. Jake took a lengthy absence from wrestling and when he returned he never quite picked up where he left off.

I am sure that Jake would have made a fantastic heel champion. Anyone who witnessed Jakes fued with savage in the late 80's early 90's cand testify to that. If you have watched 'Beyond The Mat' you will have heard guys such as Paul Heyman and Jim Ross say how talented the guy was. So when people sing the praises of The Honky Tonk Man i hope they will all remember he's they guy who robbed us fans of seeing what Jake could have really achieved.

Mr Perfect, had the back injury never happened who knows where he may have ended up...

Roberts wouldn't have been the champ though, when he attacked Hogan backstage once and the crowd cheered for him, chanting 'DDT' he turned Jake face a week later.

Jerry Lynn... had he not have the worst luck in the universe he could be up there on a mid card level holding the IC or US title...

Booker T, he had the push at the end of WCW, he come into the WWE full of momentum and bang, he runs into politics and the Undertaker... then he works his way back up and runs into politics and then HHH... then he starts coming back and does his back and then the Undertaker fued. When is the man gonna get a break.

Bret Hart- If vince could have worked out the issues near the end of 1997 and Bret stayed imagine what it would be like:

Owen could be alive as he would never have had to revert back to the blue blazer and just been with his brother also think of the matches that Bret and Angle could have had over the WWE Title

Nah I disagree about the Warrior for a few reasons...

1)He was a roided up green git who couldn't work, a clothesline is supposed to be fake slightly Warrior

2) He was a bargin basement rip off of Hogan, instead of doing a leg drop he did a splash instead

3)He believed his own hype to much and became a liabilty, why else change your name to Warrior in real life?

4)He sucked, sums all the top three up pretty much.

Only good thing he ever did? Beat HHH in about 10 secs at Mania 12

Plus those tassles....

I've worked with a guy who wears tassles, and they trip you up, plus you nearly rip off the arm when you tread on them and try to pick the guy up at the same time....

But seriously, Warrior was soiled underwear.

Saracen

1)He was a roided up green git who couldn't work, a clothesline is supposed to be fake slightly Warrior

I disagree he had some great power moves for the time

2) He was a bargin basement rip off of Hogan, instead of doing a leg drop he did a splash instead

Hogan and the Warrior were totally different!!

3)He believed his own hype to much and became a liabilty, why else change your name to Warrior in real life?

That i dont know but maybe he just enjoyed the fame etc and realised without the face paint he would be a nobody

4)He sucked' date=' sums all the top three up pretty much.[/quote'] Disagree again he did his job and he did it very well

Only good thing he ever did? Beat HHH in about 10 secs at Mania 12
HHH should of won that match making UW win when he wa sapst it was stupid

Ultimate Warrior is awesome and is very much up there in my top 5 of all time.

To the actual question i always liked Ted 'The Million Dolllar Man' DiBiase

I would have liked to see Bruiser Brody U.S. or IC Title run. He was funny, believable, (spelled t-o-u-g-h) and an awesome bad-man.

As for Honky Tonk Man, he's a jackass.

I was a HUGE Jake mark in the day.

The Warrior DID believe his own hype too much. He is a lunatic. You should go to his website and read his posts. I agree with some of them but ,Man, he's a nut case.

If the Road Dogg would:

A) Lose some weight

B) Quit getting high

C) Beg like crazy...

...maybe he could get his old gig back. I'd like to see him as a wise-cracking, fast-talking heel or as Cena's new partner or BOTH! How cool is that?

Edited by MachoMat

Awesome power moves JB? He did a gorilla press slam, a splash, a few clotheslines a diving shoulder block and now and again a back or front suplex! Basic moves apart from the press which required strength provided by his roided up body!

He hurt people by being too stiff, ask Honky Tonk Man, its a good thing his greatest opponent Rick Rude was though to take it.

And Warrior and Hogan where real alike, when hit with a finisher they'd get up shaking and get hit and they'd no sell and then they'd go mental hit their big moves and then the finish and 1-2-3. They way they worked a match was excatly the same.

Gorilla press slam, diving shoulder, clothesline, that move where he slammed there head to the ground, that lesnar move where you slam them down and pick them up and do it again a few times, bodyslam, back bodyslam, suplex, a splash, several submission and that is just a few not to mention his taunts.

Being stiff is down to you but your oppenent shouldnt get injured unless its a stiff submission because wrestlers learn how to take moves.

when you said hogan and warrior were the same i wasnt sure what things you were on about i assumed you meant their gimmick etc

Tell me the matches were he did all of those moves... all of his matches I've seen and I've seen a lot have followed the pattern I've laid out... and a bodyslam! thats as basic as hell!

This what the wrestlerscout site has as his moves... moves he did on a regular basis... and he's watched more wrestling then you and me put together...

Finisher(s) -

- Gorilla Press Slam

Favorites -

- Shoulder Tackle

- Big Splash

- Lariat

- Running Double Axe Handle

- Punch

owen hart would have been one HELL of a ****in superstar, he had all the potential, and I know that plenty of people have already said that, but it's true. Owen was talented, and he was ****in tough ,as JR would say, " as a two dollar steak" Edited by muhammadali88

Sure I can... Misawa aka Tiger Mask II, Lets see, all of Ultimate Warriors apart from the press slam, then add the Tiger Driver, the Tiger Suplex, the German Suplex, the rolling elbow, the elbow tope suicada, the Tiger Suplex '85, the Tiger Driver '91, the Emerald Fusion... bit more then Warrior as well.

How about Yank wrestler then... Ted DiBase... Million Dollar Dream, Million Dollar Busta, spining toe hold, texas cloverleaf, powerslam, suplex, and superplex, fistdrop, back suplex, body slam, elbow drops and also many more submissions...

That enough or you want more?

several submission

When the hell did Warrior ever use one submission let alone "several"?

Being stiff is down to you but your oppenent shouldnt get injured unless its a stiff submission because wrestlers learn how to take moves.

Now thats just wrong, in wrestling you need the other guy to protect you just as much as you need to know how to bump.

have any of you actually seen any really early Ultimate Warrior? then say he doesnt have a lot of moves. plus since when has it been about moves? he could get the crowd pumping with excitment and that is what it is about.

Early Ultimate Warrior was ten times worse, in terms of drawing Warrior never was a succesfull draw, his title reign in 1990 failed to retain the business that Hogan and Savage had done before and they even resorted to rushing Hogan back earlier, casual fans never bought the guy as being the top babyface probaly because a guy who talks to his hands is alot harder to market than Hogan.

You still haven't answered the submission question.

Totally agree with roberts but remember from beyond the mat he showed himself to be a crack head waster. Even without the injury he would still have failed to make it. Also i know that we still talk about the warrior and yes he was the champ but he should have had a longer career too.

Disagree. For all we know the crack was lead on by pain killers for his neck injury.