• The Superkick
    • The Pedigree
    • The Figure 4 Leglock
    • The Stone Cold Stunner
    • The Gord Buster, ala Arn Anderson
    • The Rock Bottom/People's Elbow
    • The 5 Star Frog Splash
    • The Belly To Belly Suplex
    • None Of The Above/Choose Your Own Finishing Move, And Let Me Know Your Choice

Wheres the RKO its a wicked finisher and y are none of Angles finishers there

That's why there's a poll option which says OTHER. ;)

Anyway, I voted for the Stone Cold Stunner. It has always been my favourite finishing move and my all-time favourite superstar used it. The stunner can come out of anywhere, and can be executed perfectly by Austin.

There are a lot of finishing moves in pro wrestling. Choose your best finishing move. Thanks again' date=' and thanks for your time.[/quote']

Sorry to post again but I've just noticed something. :eek

It's a good poll but why have you voted for various moves yourself? I thought the objective was that you only vote for your favourite finishing move, not a number of them... :?

My favourite is the Styles Clash, i had never seen the move before watching AJ Styles so it was a surprise to say the least. I think it looks fairly easy to pull off, but is also quite dangerous if you dont get your head out of the way very quickly!

Just a question of curiousity but why are people voting for the RKO? I am not slating peoples opinion it's just i don't see how such a mundane (and often sloppy looking) move can be the best finnisher. Also it has been used to death (once as the buh buh cutter and by many others). I am a big fan of innovation and moves that look brutal so i'd have to say that my favourite wwe finnisher now is victorias widows peak (when she holds it up for a long time before dropping, she seems to be getting quickers these days which ruins the move in my opinion)

as for my favourite finnisher there are loads i don't really know if they are finnishers or not or just moves (i.e northern lights suplex etc) but my favourite finnisher is either the double arm DDT (so beautfully stolen by cactus jack) or the Cactus elbow off the ring apron, brutal!

Just a question of curiousity but why are people voting for the RKO? I am not slating peoples opinion it's just i don't see how such a mundane (and often sloppy looking) move can be the best finnisher. Also it has been used to death (once as the buh buh cutter and by many others)

Well, I actually voted for Savage's big elbow. But the reason I'm a fan of the RKO is because Orton has taken a move which, as you say, has been used before, and made it is own. I saw him do it live last Thursday, and the amount of elevation he got made it look great. Its also one of those moves that can be done in the blink of an eye, which I personally tend to like.

Low Ki's Ki Crusher '99 or the Infared Splash by Red or the Wrist Clutch Exploder of BJ Whitmer... The finishing moves in the WWE are a bit to obvious for my liking, no real innovation apart from the Widows Peak and the Vertibraker when Hurri was allowed to use it...

I picked The Pedigree' date=' but I like Savages Flying Elbow Drop[/quote']

You tell 'em brotherbrotherbrotherbrotherbrother.

No one can fly like the Mah-Cho Man. No one can deliver such a high impact move.

Oooooooooooohhh yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh...............

I actually disagree with the assignment, ithink that a finish that either has a set up or a submission that can be used to milk a reaction by being held for a long time is better as the crowd gets into it more i feel as opposed to just suddenly BANG, 1..2..3 From the list i'd say the 5-star Frog splash

hold on tajiri-san i never said i thought a good finnisher had to come from nowhere. it was a quote about the RKO. Now a finnisher that comes from nowhere is a good characteristic (take th stunner for example) but it is definately NOT my preference. Personally i like a move to be set up. One of the all time greats is the tombstone in that respect, and also why if you read my first post about the widows peak i prefer it when victoria holds it for a long time before dropping. I'm a big fan of build up to a finnish and a finish that can draw out the reaction of a crowd. However you have to admit that a quick finnisher is a good characteristic in popping a crowd as a means of a quick change of momentum. Take The Rock Bottom for example. Rocky can be down and out but with one quick reversal into a rock bottom and the crowd is popped and the advantage of the opposition removed.

So after rambling for ags i can conclude with... quick out of nowhere finnishers have their upside but personally i prefer a build up (come on my favourite is the cactus elbow off the ring apron and there is nothing quick about that move!!)

The main thing about when they hit it out of nowhere its hard to get a pic if your at the event like i dont think i have good pics of the Spear or the Gore as they came out of knowhere but thinks like Sweet Chin Music or when Orton stands behind the person waiting to RKO them people then have the chance to stand up and get ready

Mine would be other,as the Tombstone Piledriver (as delivered by the Undertaker) is with out doubt the most lethal finisher in WWE. When he hits it,it is very,VERY rare that anyone kicks out from it. In fact I can only think of one occasion where some one got up from the tombstone and that was Hogan at survivor series '91. (it might have happened other times,I just dont remember them).