Do you think that Magnum T.A would have been a World's Champion in the Old NWA?

Gee2k4

Wuz up everyone,

This is Gee2k4 just dropping another post on this forum. First off, I would like to thank everyone who responded to my previous post about the 2 Mexican Wrestlers. And now, onto my post for today. Magnum T.A., known as Terry Allen, was one of my most favorite wrestlers of all time. He was one of those kick butt in less than 10 seconds type of wrestlers. To me, he was the greatest NWA United States Heavyweight Champion in that era, as well as this era. It was unfortunate that his career was cut short due to an automobile accident. I think that if he were still able to wrestle, he would have won at least 1 World title in his career. In addition to Terry Allen, Arn Anderson who unlike Magnum was a wrestling technician would have also been a World's Champion, if it were not for Ric Flair. Arn Anderson is without a shadow of a doubt, the greatest World'sTV Champion that there ever was. Who do you think are some other wrestlers that should have/could have made it all the way to the top in the singles division? Please feel free to reply to this message. Thanks a million for taking the time out to read my thread!!! And one more thing, if I have misspelled words in any of my threads, then please excuse me, I will try to do better with my typing, I'm blind, so just look over me ha ha ha ha ha ha! Thanks again, and I look forward to responding to your threads!!!

I remember when Magnum wrecked. The car, a porsche I believe, was messed up! He hit a telephone pole I think. Magnum was great. He would have eventually been World Champ but noit for long as faces never got long title runs unless they turned heel, which I can't see him doing willingly.

Can you imagine the World Title battles between him and Nikita, the Russian Nightmare, Koloff? Their US Title battles were great.

I was a HUGE Arn Anderson mark. He was my second-favorite old school NWA persona, right behind the Nature Boy. IF not for Ric being his best friend I think he would have held the World Title, at least for a short while. In fact, we almost saw Arn take the title from Ric. At the time I thought that it would indeed happen.

• 1 month later...

Didn't Flair turn on Arn at one point or another? I vaguely recall that happening in WCW in the mid 90's, but I could be wrong.

Anyway.

I got into wrestling right around the time Magnum had his motorcycle accident, and as I happened to be more of a NWA fan as opposed to WWF, I watched and heard from a lot of people how great of a wrestler he was. I think simply based on popularity he would've held the strap at one point in his career. Then again, Ricky Morton was huge and I thought he would've been World Champion at one point also in the NWA.