The Day After Tommorow

Peter

I saw it in Dublin, it was exactly what it said on the tin. The special effects were fabulous! It's very typically American, with your usual heroes, I wouldn't watch it again purely as that type movie isn't my thing but I definitely think people should see it. It's worth watching and it's very well done, only down side of it was they show and mention Man Utd ;) Some fantastic scenes and the story is very believable these days with global warming etc. :)

I went and saw this today and thought it was brilliant, plot was a bit corny but the effects were amazing, and it kept you gripped the whole two hours. As Goldy said, its quite scary to think how believable it all really is.

i agree twas a great film...

was disapointed that so many people survived..and the fact that it stoped at mexico and they had completly normal weather not even changed a bit..but overall gud

did any1 spot a mistake????

if u watch when the americans talkin to the space station and they ask if the sky is clear over north america, the people in the station say yea but they are lookin at europe cuz u can blatantly see italy!!!!

still gud flim though.. :worship graphics r amazing!! :worship

I hate Harry Potter... and I have a reason so don't start...

As for Day After Tomorrow I liked the film alot but I just have one problem...

If the flood knocked out all the windows and stuff, which it did on the cool effects sequence then how come when the vortex comes they all didn't freeze to death? A little tiny book fire against -150f temperature, which is gonna win?

That we are, did I mention I play for a top divison quiz team in Rochdale and we always finish top three? Its the free beer that grabs me...

Potter is turd because its over hyped, over franchised, plagerising piece of turd... And I can point all the points where shes nicked stuff too if anyone whats to debate in another thread other then ths one... But yeah PE, he's a turd, too true!

Oh and the Wolves... did they live happy ever after or the cold get them too?

may contain spoiler depending on what way you look at it, approach with caution...

it's films like harry potter that are turning kids nowadays into fairies. back in my day we had good, action-packed movie like teenage mutant ninja turtles to get excitable over. all this magic and wizardy and well-meaning is not good at all - it has to stop.

as for day after tomorrow, as much as liked what i was seeing, the fact that the Americans saved the world put me off. as if no other country in the world, with no other weather experts could have done the same. we're just meant to except that if ever our Earth is in trouble let's leave it to the US of A to save us from the depths of peril. it's a roland emmerich thing, i guess. he did the same with independence day.

Edited by .sixtythree.

Hang on... I agree with the rest but how did the USA save the world? The top of half of it was frozen and a Yank and a Limey solved the riddle of what was happening together...

Everyone got frozen or clung on and those with time escaped... its an American produced film so its obvious they are gonna show America more then the rest of the world plus can you imagine how much anymore special effects to emcompass the whole north hemisphere would have been?

But yeah... Independence Day... Will Smith and Jeff Goldblum save the world with Bill Patton, yeah right!

Hang on... I agree with the rest but how did the USA save the world? The top of half of it was frozen and a Yank and a Limey solved the riddle of what was happening together...

that's just it. are we meant to assume that these American dudes are the only people to recognise this problem. and that they are the only people who know what to do about it.

sure it's American made, but when they include other countries from around the world it's no longer an American film. all these other countries were deemed helpless until USA analyzed the problem, and USA told everyone how to avoid it. i just find it a little patronizing the way it portrays the rest of the world as helpless.

It was Ian Holm, the British prof who was at fault for that... he told the Yanks what was happening! He let them have the glory, he could have told his own government but he sat drinking whiskey and letting the yanks do his job....

Still, I thought when they said Ice Age the whole world would be covered, I assumed thats what happened 10,000 years ago? Why not in this one... pushe comes to shove and this looks like happening in my life time I'm off to Mexico, you wouldn't have know a huge landmass of Ice was about 50 miles over the border would yeh?

damn you, holm. you're a sell-out. go to america and sell your research like a fat little old man-whore.

i think it didn't cover the world in this one because climates have changed and the closer to the equator you get the warmer the Earth is... or something like that. in which case i guess you could go to Spain or Portugal and still be safe, i assume that's why in the movie that black guys wife and child went. bugger the 9 hour flight to Mexico. lol.

im scared to watch day after tomorrow agen now..... because when independance day first came out i thought it was a brilliant film..but then watching it back i realised that its a big peice of americana bull* :D *

so im worried if i watch day after tomorrow agen that will happen agen, so i think ill never watch it agen and live happily ever after thinking that it was a decent film :)

unlike van helsing :evil

Saw it hated it,

Usual macho American bull. So many flaws and so little time to go in to it.

Was it me or was Mexico mentioned/implied as a third world country?

To be honest Godzilla was better and that was appalling. When will Hollywood learn that special effects do not guarantee a good film - i.e Van Helsing, Matrix 3 etc etc.

Was it me or was Mexico mentioned/implied as a third world country?

I think so. It was almost as if they were saying:

"Oh, crap, i guess you'll all have to go to Mexico. But don't worry, you wont have to stay in that sh*t-hole for long. Just extort their hospitality until this thing blows over."