is there a welsh wrestling promotion?

charlie

My brother is interested in wrestling, and lives in Wales, and I was wondering if there are any Welsh wrestling promotions that he could start training with? He's got the size and build to be a heavyweight, just not the right level of fitness yet, and to be honest I don't want to see him turn into a fat b'stard. Wrestling is something he's interested in, so ... can anyone advise me?

We've had this discussion before with another guy from wales, there aren't too many promotions in the valleys, so if you give us his general location, someone might be able to tell you the closest area.

Course, it would help greatly if he doesn't live far from the border.

Saracen

My brother is interested in wrestling' date=' and lives in Wales, and I was wondering if there are any Welsh wrestling promotions that he could start training with? He's got the size and build to be a heavyweight, just not the right level of fitness yet, and to be honest I don't want to see him turn into a fat b'stard. Wrestling is something he's interested in, so ... can anyone advise me?[/quote']

If he can get to Cardiff on a Sunday once a month theres hammerlocks school down there

It sucks to live in this area wish I lived further north.

Well, if there is any world of sport wrestlers looking for an area to begin a training school, Wales is it...

Hey you could have it near Snowden, and the warm up would once up and down the mountain! Uber fit wrestlers!

I jest, I'm flued up and being surreal, but it would be nice if Wales could get itself into the UK scene!

Saracen

He can indeed get to Cardiff easily as he's based in Bridgend, but I guess he might have to wait until he gets a job that gives him decent hours to actually make it to the training sessions. Got any contact details for Hammerlock?

(didn't know there had been a thread on this a while ago, although I am not really surprised)

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring this thread back but hey i did. there is a training school on the first sunday of every month in Cardiff at Catheys community centre formore info go to...

http://www.hammerlock.freeserve.co.uk/welsh-training.html

Its a hammerlock thing and its run by the NWA.

And remlap i know what you mean you do live in a screwed up area. No wrestling schools for miles. ( or normal people for that matter untill you reach Aber :D )

sorry to bring this thread back but hey i did. there is a training school on the first sunday of every month in Cardiff at Catheys community centre formore info go to...

http://www.hammerlock.freeserve.co.uk/welsh-training.html

Its a hammerlock thing and its run by the NWA.

And remlap i know what you mean you do live in a screwed up area. No wrestling schools for miles. ( or normal people for that matter untill you reach Aber :D )

Ah im half ''Aber'' then so half screwed up yey im special and oh yes the people who run the school in Cardiff are setting up ''Celtic Wrestling Federation'' after the show in september which im spreading around leaflets for around here, if you want to help Ill meet you in Blania say :lol

Rem whats the details about this school in cardiff? where can i find more info?

also whats the details about this CWF? will it be a proper promotion running shows in wales? will that mean that the school will have to be open more often?

thanks

Rem whats the details about this school in cardiff? where can i find more info?

http://www.hammerlock.freeserve.co.uk/welsh-training.html look there

also whats the details about this CWF? will it be a proper promotion running shows in wales? will that mean that the school will have to be open more often?

thanks

Thats what I gather I think its just going to be Cardiff for a while. Ill speak with him more see whats happening probably just montly shows in Cardiff I think.

Even though Bi-Montly shows might work one month Cardiff one month in another town shithole (Newport) or Swansea.

cheers rem - ive just contacted Karl for some details and hes told me more about it. thinking bout going this sunday to the session.

im just worried bout my fitness being, well, crap really!

even shows in cardiff would be good- anything at this point is better than nothing!

Remlap is half Aber MY DONKEYS MOTHERS A*****E! I aint goin to the shizen hole known as blaina. last time i went there the day after that girl tammy went missing.

IT WASNT ME!

Anyhoo spread some leaflets down in Aber so i can pick one up. Rem do you go often to the school. (and is your name anything to do with remploy)

EDIT - Watch the language

Edited by Saz

Actually I could be more than half as my grancha :( was born and raised there to. So a little bit more than half. ;)

Blania's alright, if you want to help we can meet in the coed cae instead hows that sound :xyx.

And no ive never been in Aber school, only comps ive been in are Nantyglo and Brynmawr, went to Brynmawr though, and have had a fight in both now thats an acomplishment :lol

Oh and my username just read it backwards and you will see what it means.

MORE THAN HALF ABER!!

P....A....L....M....E....R palmer oooh i get it :xyx

And uh umm im on hols next week and im not a big fan of meeting people from the net. No offence to you Palmer but id rather not. sorry man. perhaps we'll meet in a ring down cardiff one day.

It wouldnt of been next week it be sometime in September when I get the leaflets in the post, but I can understand where your coming from.

And my first name isnt Palmer though but you are correct it does spell out Palmer its my surname :xyx